• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go to Jetblue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you miss more than 5 commutes a year? Really?

No.

But, 1 missed commute 3 sick calls and a kid who broke his arm will trigger a dependability review. The discipline is at the discretion of your CP.

Let's say these events happened to two different pilots. One is a brown-nosing yes man who's kissed so much rear that his lips are brown. The other pilot is a union supporter and a claimant in 3A. How do you think the two would be disciplined? Would it be equal treatment?

The policy is somewhat ambiguous. There are no guidelines or processes for the review. The term "critical staffin g" is not defined. Discipline is at the discretion of someone who may or may not like you and who may be seeking retaliation for you being a union supporter. The CP has the authority to "customize" a policy just for you and not have it apply to anyone else. There is a veiled threat of discipline if you happen to call in sick during a holiday period. That is intimidation and will cause people to show up for work while they are sick.

If you work here and can't see how screwed up this new policy is (as well as how it was implemented with 8 hours notice) then you are living in unicorn world.

GP

Well, good thing I don't give a crap if they fire me. This is just a job, that's it.

And the hiring is about to be ridiculous.

You want jetblue to be a good company, you HAVE to get rid of this management. They are killing this place with crap like this. We had what, 5 or 6 guys give notice today? We have captains leaving to be new hires at United? And they seem intent on pissing everybody off even more. This is BAD. Should NEVER happen. And it's only going to get worse.
Welcome to 5 years ago!

You mean like you? Lots of hiring over the years. You are STILL here.

I don't have recall rights.

I did leave. I have a primary job that is not Jetblue. Jetblue is part time for me now and until I retire.

So you still think Jetblue is a go to option?

Aren't you the poster that was happy Jetblue pilots were leaving so you could become more senior faster? Wow that is some program you are advocating for yourself. Your plan is to become King of Turd Island. I was just pointing it out again.

Jetblue is a turd no doubt about it. I left the island a long time ago.

I say don't come here. It is a waste of time. Stay were you are and get hired at a real major. It is not about who is most qualified and instead getting hired by a real major is about if you are fit for their culture. Sitting on RSV in Kew doesn't help a pilot become a better fit for a real major. The Chicken Farmer IMO has no chance.

Smarta$$ and B6Driver says come here.

Last edited:
I don't have recall rights.

I did leave. I have a primary job that is not Jetblue. Jetblue is part time for me now and until I retire.

So you still think Jetblue is a go to option?

Aren't you the poster that was happy Jetblue pilots were leaving so you could become more senior faster? Wow that is some program you are advocating for yourself. Your plan is to become King of Turd Island. I was just pointing it out again.

Jetblue is a turd no doubt about it. I left the island a long time ago.

I say don't come here. It is a waste of time. Stay were you are and get hired at a real major. It is not about who is most qualified and instead getting hired by a real major is about if you are fit for their culture. Sitting on RSV in Kew doesn't help a pilot become a better fit for a real major. The Chicken Farmer IMO has no chance.

Smarta$$ and B6Driver says come here.

Wrong. I do NOT say come here. And you can do part-time (not that I believe you) at a real major airline. You have NO excuse for staying.

You are right I could leave. But why would I do harm to myself and family to score internet points? That is the world you live in.

The rest of us don't.

I suck it up and do my thang independent of those who want everyone to quit so you can become King Sh@t of this Turd island.

Latest resources

Back