• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go to Jetblue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No offense but this isnt just about a union. This company, management is mediocre at best. Wall street doesnt like us. Its not good. We consistently miss our estimates. Do you want to work at a place that relies on selling snack boxes and pillows to make a difference? We re so frail.

We are not as frail as you think.
We just had the best q ever. Don't believe all the Wall Street crap and don't believe all the ELT crap. The answer is in the middle.

We have a 10% operating margin and we about to see ex fuel CASM plummet in the next 18 months.

I'm no fan of Jetblue management style with employees but they are turning the ship around from where we were financially just a few years ago.

Wall Street does not like us now because to potential is still 12 month away and 3A is hanging over us. If we see revenue growth due to barf (Mint) we will start to pay off our debt faster due to lower CASM and IF ... IF ... we lose about a $1 billion in debt we are goners. I mean sold for a premium.

How is that for
sunshinepump.gif

Except ... Got a SLI representative - yes you do! Meet Rob Maruster!![/QUOTE

Good reason to keep some debt.... Think of it as a moat...;)

Dependability policy sent to us in an email this afternoon takes effect at midnight.

This is Jetblue. Policies created/changed all with a quick email.

If you get 5 occurrences in any rolling 12 month window you get to have a "Dependability Review" with your chief pilot. An ambiguous threat of "disciplinary action" is at the discretion of your local CP or ACP.

If you're at JB and wish to keep your job, make sure you buddy up with a chief or ACP so they'll be more lenient when they get to use their discretion on discipline.

Thanks to all the 'NO' voters from two years ago.

Had a TWA jumpseater a few weeks ago. When I told him I wanted ALPA he said, "be careful". I said, "we really don't have any other viable choice".

So, should you come here? Up to you. Just be sure to do your research before you show up for class.

GP

Lemme see if I can do my best Matt Damon "Good Will Hunting" job interview answer

Let's say I bang out for a 4 day, you know one of those productive 17hr 4 days, cause I get the flu. After all I'm 5 redeyes in this month so far so my immune system is shot. After I'm over the flu, bad luck happens. My 6 year old is horsing around with his pals, breaks his arm, knocks out his front teeth. Cause that's what kids do. No problem, I have a 4 day coming up, I'll exercise an emergency call. Oh boy, I'm down to only 2 days left of my 10 before I'm called in for a carpet dance. Well as luck would have it, I commute to JFK (NYC area) which 70% of all B6 do and it happens to be one of the most chronically delayed airport in the country. A snow storm hits a few months later after I got sick. I gave myself 2 options, one was full, the next one mx'd. I'm screwed I saw the storm coming I would have dropped the trip but B6 has a pilot shortage due to people leaving for other carriers, part 117 and higher mins for regional pilots. So I had no choice to try and go in. Well I guess I get a call from the Chief, wants to meet in person to talk about it. Of course it has to be on my day off cause no way they're buying my trip. Now I'm in this little face to face. Chief says "before we talk about why you've missed over 10 days in the last 12 months let me remind you that your NPS score is well below the current average, and you have no LIFT awards." Enough said your performance sucks your fired. I politely say "well you can plan hearing from my lawyer, not ALPA (doh) and the FAA. Long story short, I fight the wrongful termination with my own expenses and the Fed's on my side. But being it the government and B6 involved it takes over 2 years to return to my job. No problem except, during those 2years I don't have health insurance, my son had to have an extra surgery for his arm because of an infection, can't pay that nor my mortgage cause I used every last cent to pay the lawyers to fight my case. Now I'm homeless. All of this because I couldn't go thru the simple grievance process a union would provide. Extreme? Or is that life?

So what do I think? I'm holding out for something better! Like a real airline

Dependability policy sent to us in an email this afternoon takes effect at midnight.

This is Jetblue. Policies created/changed all with a quick email.

If you get 5 occurrences in any rolling 12 month window you get to have a "Dependability Review" with your chief pilot. An ambiguous threat of "disciplinary action" is at the discretion of your local CP or ACP.

If you're at JB and wish to keep your job, make sure you buddy up with a chief or ACP so they'll be more lenient when they get to use their discretion on discipline.

Thanks to all the 'NO' voters from two years ago.

Had a TWA jumpseater a few weeks ago. When I told him I wanted ALPA he said, "be careful". I said, "we really don't have any other viable choice".

We have a TWA guy on the OC. How's that for compartmentalizing?

And just to add some food for thought. Convenient there's no warning of this change coming. Just 24hrs. Convenient that a bunch of guys with a l lot of PTO will be using their recall rights soon. And how would expect those guys to get their $$$ with this new policy in place?

I worked at one of the worst regionals out. It was miserable but I received a stellar education on these tactics.

And just to add some food for thought. Convenient there's no warning of this change coming. Just 24hrs. Convenient that a bunch of guys with a l lot of PTO will be using their recall rights soon. And how would expect those guys to get their $$$ with this new policy in place?

I worked at one of the worst regionals out. It was miserable but I received a stellar education on these tactics.

You get paid out your PTO when you leave. There are a lot of reasons for this policy, that is not one of them.

Latest resources

Back