Go Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FreedomAList said:
Can't really blame him/her. Although there are some court cases that establish legal precedent saying that scab lists aren't leagally prosecutable as "libel", they were cases for lists of guys who crossed actual picket lines during an actual strike.

The door is very much open, however, for a libel suit against anyone publishing/distributing a "scab list" for pilots who are not engaged in flying struck work. I suspect the administrator isn't intrested in getting his hinney sued.
I understand the reasoning, and I don't object.

It's the rationale to ban G0JET as a "dirty word" that has me mystified.

(For the less observant in the bunch, I am only able to get that word to print because I substitute a ZERO for the letter "OH". If it is spelled correctly, it shows up on the board as **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**.)

PCL_128 said:
Actually, it's both. If you start your career at BloJets, then you'll also have to end it there. You'll never be able to leave, at least not to a real career airline.
You know what? Everyone says that. They said it about Freedom and they have pilots who have moved on to Southwest, JetBlue, AirTran, etc; and they've said it about PFT'ers and they're everywhere. It's all talk and no action. There are no repercussions to going to GoJets except for maybe getting booted off a few jumpseats.

I hope you enjoy flying that RJ for peanuts until the day you turn 60
You guys have been flying RJ's for peanuts since the first one hit the line. THAT'S the problem.

que the first parrot squawking "Supply and Demand" in 3...2...1...

You know what? Everyone says that. They said it about Freedom and they have pilots who have moved on to Southwest, JetBlue, AirTran, etc; and they've said it about PFT'ers and they're everywhere. It's all talk and no action. There are no repercussions to going to GoJets except for maybe getting booted off a few jumpseats.
This one of the few true statements I've heard about GoJets. I figure most guys who work there are going to live in ST Louis anyway, so the jumpseat threat isn't even a big one.

However, what should worry them (GoJets pilots) is the merger threat. If TSA is able to force Go-Jets pilots back into their senority list, like Mesa did with Freedom, then anyone who went to Go-Jets is going to have to quit very quickly and find a new job. And if that happens, say a year or so from now, who knows what the job climate will be like then.

I agree that there will be little or no people on the interview board and in HR departments at Southwest, JetBlue, AirTran, etc who know/care who Go-Jets is. They just see "PIC CRJ Time", and think "reginonal airline", just like SkyWest, ASA, Comair, etc. However, if you aren't able to get one of those jobs after Go-Jets, you definately might have trouble going to another commuter airline, because they WILL know who you are.

Just my 2 Cents.

Last edited:
You guys have to stop being so narrow minded by thinking that this fight is just at the regional level. I commute on Southwest, and have had captains saying that they support the fight that we at Trans States have ahead of us. They said that there was no way that any GOJETS guy would ever jumpseat on their airplanes. Good luck to the backstabbers trying to ride on SWA...

Just for curiosity purposes, how would gojets be the end of someone's career? It's not sruck work. Do you really think SWA, AirTran, CAL, fractionals really care where you got your flight time???
Does it suck that this airline was started as an alter ego? yes.
Should some out-of-work low timer be 'scared' to take this job? no.
All the 'regional' airlines of today are flying work that the legacies used to fly. Should all regional jobs be avoided? Where do you draw the line?
It just seems that regionals fly the same flights as majors for cut-rate, cheap, near poverty rates, and now that the regionals are getting undercut everyone is pissed off. Why not just fly the plane you are in and STFU?
disclaimer - i am not at gojets or applying there.

Remginton:

I'd say your post is just about dead on. The only people at the majors who will care one way or the other if you got your flight time at Go-Jets will be former Trans States guys who happen to work in the HR department and/or the interview/decision board. And I'd venture to guess there aren't too many of those.

These days everyone seems to "hate" each other to one degree or another:
  • My friend at Mesaba hates Pinnacle, saying how lousy their training department is, how bad they sound on the radio, etc.
  • My friend at Eagle hates Trans States, saying how they are taking American Eagles flying and he gives TSA pilots when they try to jump/non rev on Eagle.
  • I flew for Skywest for four years, and Comair hated me and accused me of flying "struck" work, even though it wasn't. Not to mention the 70 seat for 50 seat pay lectures I got from other people.
  • Then I flew for ATA, and I had several United employees accuse me of putting their airline out of business. And in the end, it is proabably us who will go out of business before everyone else.
Nearly everybody in this industry is pissed at someone else, and in the end it doesn't amount to jack shi t. We should all just be pissed at ourselves for not going to law school.

Last edited:
tjsatter said:
Not all. EO hired 1/12/04 STL/ATR is not on the new list but the others who were given a leave of absence are.

tj

Are you sure about EO? I looked and thought he was still there. I guess I'll have to look again...

This, I feel, is the real problem. If they are successful at getting BloJet operation with pay and benefits lower than the bottom side of whale shi t in the Mariannas Trench then it will snowball through the industry. Remember about 25 years ago when the legacy carriers started the B scale, etc? Then what would stop another carrier from doing the same as Trans States/BloJet to save bucks and get better contracts or lack thereof.

Another point to consider is management pitting one against the other. Ala Continental/Eastern in the 80's when Lorenzo was running it.

Remington said:
Where do you draw the line?

Thats the million dollar question. For every Blow Jet operation that is created there are fewer mainline jobs available. With regionals now being replaced, alter- egoed, low balled, or however you want to phrase it, the downward spiral continues. Which really leaves ALL of us with a few choices.

1. Bend over and take it.

2. Quit and find another career.

3. Stand up and fight!

I choose # 3. This is more than just Trans States ALPA vs.Blow Jets, its about trying to maintain some standard that we can all live by. Only you can decide what youre willing to put up with.

Latest resources

Back