• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since you people are so well educated, try this on for size...

Below are four (4) questions and a bonus question. You have to answer them instantly. You can't take your time, answer all of them immediately. OK?

Let's find out just how clever you really are....

Ready? GO!!! ( scroll down)

First Question:

You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Answer: If you answered that you are first, then you are
absolutely wrong! If you overtake the second person and you take his place, you are second!

Try not to screw up next time.
Now answer the second question,
but don't take as much time as you took for the first question, OK?

Second Question:
If you overtake the last person, then you are...?
(scroll down)

Answer: If you answered that you are second to last, then you are wrong again. Tell me, how can you overtake the LAST Person?

You're not very good at this, are you?

Third Question:
Very tricky arithmetic! Note: This must be done in your head only.
Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it.

Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30.
Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000
Now add 10. What is the total?

Scroll down for answer.....

Did you get 5000?

The correct answer is actually 4100.

If you don't believe it, check it with a calculator!
Today is definitely not your day, is it?
Maybe you'll get the last question right....
....Maybe.

Fourth Question:

Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini,
4. Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter?

Did you Answer Nunu?
NO! Of course it isn't.
Her name is Mary. Read the question again!

Okay, now the bonus round:

A mute person goes into a shop and wants to buy a toothbrush. By
imitating the action of brushing his teeth he successfully
expresses himself to the shopkeeper and the purchase is
done.
Next, a blind man comes into the shop who wants to buy a pair of
sunglasses; how does HE indicate what he wants?

He just has to open his mouth and ask...

It's really very simple... Like you!

Keep reading!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him

have his own way. Touche!<><><><><><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><>><><><><>><><>><><><><><><><><><>

Since you posted this "quiz" on two threads, I'm not sure which one to answer. I guess it's this one. :)

Let's find out just how clever you really are....

jsmenkin said:
First Question:

You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?
There is no way to know given only the information in this question. When you say (or actually, when you quote some junk e-mail you're forwarding here saying) "the second person" you give no information regarding their placement in the race. If there are two people running the race, and you're one of them, then the other person would be "the second person." If, then, you were to overtake that person, you might be in first place. If, however, the "second person" refers to the rankings of the participants prior to the beginning of the race, just overtaking him or her is insufficient information. If you begin in last place and overtake one person, you would be second-to-last. From that point, overtaking "the second person" would put you in third-to-last place. If the race is a three-legged race, or a race involving persons and animals or machines, the picture is less clear still.

Bottom line: "second person" does not equal "person in second position".

jsmenkin said:
Second Question:
If you overtake the last person, then you are...?
...very confused, as you cannot overtake the last person. That is, unless the race is conducted over a closed loop where the leader might complete a lap and catch up to the person in last place.

You explained, however, in your "answer" that you intended it to be an impossible answer. To quote you, "You're not very good at this, are you?"

jsmenkin said:
Third Question:
Very tricky arithmetic! ...

Today is definitely not your day, is it?
You know what you get when you ASSUME?

Well, you ain't makin' one outta me. Not today, anyway.

jsmenkin said:
Maybe you'll get the last question right....
....Maybe.
Maybe you'll get your ordinals (i.e., fourth) and superlatives (i.e., last) correct someday. While the next question might be the fourth of four in your "four and a bonus" little world, it is not the last. The bonus question is the last.

jsmenkin said:
Fourth Question:

Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini,
4. Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter?
Mary is a man. Her father's fifth daughter is jsmenkin.

Sexist.

jsmenkin said:
Okay, now the bonus round:

... a blind man comes into the shop who wants to buy a pair of
sunglasses; how does HE indicate what he wants?
After he complains about the bad breath of the patron that just left the shop, he hands the proprietor the prescription from his Opthamologist.

jsmenkin said:
It's really very simple...
You fell for that "Must forward to 30 of your best friends in 60 minutes or you will always be lonely", didn't you?

In the first place, posting it on two threads doesn't equate to forwarding it to your friends. I can see the dilemma you're in, not having 30 friends and all, but that doesn't change the facts.

In the second place, the e-mail is a scam. You really have to forward it to 200 friends.

jsmenkin said:
It's touché!

:)

all ya-all are taking this the wrong way...........I don't want to work for this GO-Jets or whatever, I'm curious what or where this company is. I've been freight for 4+ years and am staying the course here. Regionals don't appeal to me personally. I am just tring to keep up with whats happening in this crazy industry. So..................can I have a straight answer.......What is Go-Jets? Thanks,

FD75

To answer your question, FR8dog75,

**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** is an alter-ego airline started by the owner of Trans States. It's purpose is two-fold:1, to circumvent the scope clause that TSA has with American concerning the operation of RJ's larger than 70 seats. 2, to circumvent the CBA (collective barganining agreement) of the TSA pilots.

Understand, **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** does not have an operating certificate, they are currently being held up by the DOT over some documentation that HK does not want to release. Their first contract for flying is going to United, for the purpose of taking Air Wisconsins' flying that they have been doing for UAL for the past 15+ years.

**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** is not a union carrier, the 4 management pilots were instructed by the owner to sign cards for the Teamsters, who when they found out that these were not line pilots, promptly dropped **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**.

To answer JSMenkin, you and your fellow pilots at **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** most certainly meet the definition of Scab pilots, because of your desire to circumvent the TSA pilots CBA, you are dragging them down, as well as taking the flying being currently done by AWAC. This will, of course, cause extreme hardship for those of us at AWAC. Of course, UAL did extend the flying on the 146 for another month, since **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** can't get it's act together getting their certificate.

JSMenkin, you are the worst kind of scum this industry produces. Don't ever try to get on my jumpseat. I will call the authorities.

Rekks

WOW WHERE TO START......

Rekks Inbound said:
ENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** is an alter-ego airline started by the owner of Trans States. It's purpose is two-fold:1, to circumvent the scope clause that TSA has with American concerning the operation of RJ's larger than 70 seats. 2, to circumvent the CBA (collective barganining agreement) of the TSA pilots.

Point 1 : I agree, but the APA SCOPE limit actually is a limit on 51+ seats not 70+ seats as you said.
Point 2 : Have you seen the GO-Jet Contract? How do you know it is substandard to TSA?

Rekks Inbound said:
**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** does not have an operating certificate, they are currently being held up by the DOT over some documentation that HK does not want to release. Their first contract for flying is going to United, for the purpose of taking Air Wisconsins' flying that they have been doing for UAL for the past 15+ years.

Based on reading the actual doc's, I don't see that they are trying to hid anything. Just get as much confidentiality as the law allows with financial information. They are a private company. However, they actual have given the DOT all the wanted...Here is the link:
http://dms.dot.gov/search/searchRes...archType=docket

They are no more taking AirWisky's flying than SkyWest is taking AirWiskey's flying. AirWisky has no plans for larger RJs and the BAE146 is old. In this industry, like any, you need to adopt change. If you don't move over. 50 seat RJ's are a thing of the past.

Rekks Inbound said:
**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** is not a union carrier, the 4 management pilots were instructed by the owner to sign cards for the Teamsters, who when they found out that these were not line pilots, promptly dropped **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**.

Wrong....Go-Jet have been assigned a local with in the Teamsters. Here are the links:

http://www.teamster.org/divisions/airline/airlineorganizing.htm

From the Local 618 website:
News and Events from Teamsters Local 618...
GO-JET Organizing Information!

Local 618 continues to move forward on the Go-Jet Pilot organizing campaign. Originally Vice President Dan Heumann received Union recognition cards from the first group of pilots hired by Go-Jet Airlines. A letter was sent to Go-Jet Airlines requesting voluntary recognition from Local 618 to represent the pilots. After consideration the Company agreed to recognize Local 618 as the bargaining agent of the new pilot group. The Local Union was notified by the I.B.T. Airline division that the recognition was premature. Vice President Dan Heumann and Secretary Treasurer, John Guerra Jr. continued to meet with interested pilots and answered questions pertaining to Teamster Representation. If you are a Go-Jet pilot and have questions on the organizing campaign contact the following individuals :

Dan Heumann (Vice President - Teamsters Local 618) (314)533-8945
John Guerra Jr. (Secretary Treasurer - Teamsters Local 618) (314)533-8945
Don Treichler (I.B.T. Airline Director) (916)791-6747

Rekks Inbound said:
To answer JSMenkin, you and your fellow pilots at **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** most certainly meet the definition of Scab pilots, because of your desire to circumvent the TSA pilots CBA, you are dragging them down, as well as taking the flying being currently done by AWAC. This will, of course, cause extreme hardship for those of us at AWAC. Of course, UAL did extend the flying on the 146 for another month, since **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** can't get it's act together getting their certificate.

Geting a FAR 121 Cert. in less than 6 months would be difficult for anyone. Even you Rekks....

Rekks Inbound said:
JSMenkin, you are the worst kind of scum this industry produces. Don't ever try to get on my jumpseat. I will call the authorities.
Rekks

All I have to say to that is..... Rekks, MY PENIS IS BIGGER THEN YOURS!!!! I think you have a complex....

Last edited:
Point 2 : Have you seen the GO-Jet Contract? How do you know it is substandard to TSA?

Yes. There is NO contract. The announced pay is significantly lower. Most EMB folks would take a net cut to work there. 9 days off per month versus 11 min at TSA. Less vacation after longer service, More $$ out of pocket for worse insurance. No upgrade policy. No work rules annonced. Employment at will: any day could be your last with no recourse.

tj

Latest resources

Back