Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
King Kong,
Here are a couple of answers for you.

3. Yes, the Trans States contract is below industry average, but it is also more than 5 years old. The average has increased with quite a few contracts being signed in the meantime. It was not below standard when it was signed. The TSA pilots would have a fair chance to improve on that contract if not for the pilots who are willing to help Trans States Holdings whipsaw our group.

4. Our MEC chairman and many of the members of our MEC picketed with the Eagle pilots to show our support. If that's not a public display, I don't know what is.

KingKong2 said:
1st....Freedom was NON-UNION. No chance to fight a merger.

2nd Go-Jet is Union.... So, the following is more likely:

Just because you win a grievance does not mean they would get stapled. Freedom got stapled because they had no union.

For the record:

Freedom was non-union (big mistake, should've formed an inhouse one), but it was staffed by Mesa pilots on "leaves of absences" (LOA) and by street hires.

When the "merger" occured, the guys who were on a LOA went back to their original senority numbers. Street hires were integrated into the list by DOH. This was a credit to our CEO that he wouldn't let the MAG group staple the street hires . . .

The fact that rumors are flying about that some GJ's pilots are TSA guys being given a LOA would seem to suggest that they will be re-merged to TSA eventually. That is the plan. So remember GJ guys, as they mgmnt types come in with the rah-rah kool aid speeches . . . if it's not on paper, it NEVER HAPPENED.

KingKong2 said:
Right or Wrong I don't know, but I do know that the unions mentality of SOCALIST Economics needs to be modified...... SO I'M GOING TO HELP THE SITUATION BY MAKING IT MORE DIFFICULT TO MOVE THE AVAERAGE WAGE HIGHER!

I'm low...I'm slow... I guess I'll pull the power back.

The last time I checked Mesa had the lowest payscale in the industry and was negotiated by ALPA. Even GJ's proposed payscale is higher than that. The Teamsters proposed Comair pay, so I guess we'll see what the final result is, assuming ALPA doesn't sell everyone down the river with another substandard contract so they don't lose GJ to another union.

Latest resources

Back