• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To answer the question about whether working for GJ would be the death-knell of your career -

Uncle Hulas had another second carrier once before - United Feeder Service (UFS), flying the BATP out of Chicago back in the late 90s and early 2000s. Pilots were teamsters represented then as well - see a pattern?

They were all accepted at other carriers when UFS closed its doors, UAL got some, I know a few that went to AWE, couple went to F9; none had the supposed "black mark" next to their name, nor treated like a bastard child.

propjob27 said:
However, what should worry them (GoJets pilots) is the merger threat. If TSA is able to force Go-Jets pilots back into their senority list, like Mesa did with Freedom, then anyone who went to Go-Jets is going to have to quit very quickly and find a new job. And if that happens, say a year or so from now, who knows what the job climate will be like then.

1st....Freedom was NON-UNION. No chance to fight a merger.

2nd Go-Jet is Union.... So, the following is more likely:

Just because you win a grievance does not mean they would get stapled. Freedom got stapled because they had no union. It is highly unlikely that an arbitrator would award any remedy in a case like this. The following would more likely play out:

Teamster represents Go-Jet, ALPA represents TSA. Best chance for those two lists to merge/staple whatever is if (best case) the following happens: A year from now ALPA wins their grievance (a Hail Mary based on the wording of the TSA scope). Then, the NMB would need to be petitioned to determine if it were a "single carrier." After long and drawn out litigation with the NMB, the NMB would have to agree they are a single carrier (about another 1 ½ years). Then, a representation vote occurs to see if ALPA or Teamsters is the representation body (6 months more). ALPA would likely win, simply more votes. Now, all 4 parties (ALPA, Teamsters, Go-Jet and TSA) need to sit down and negotiated the merger. Basically, these negations would be an up hill battle for ALPA. Management will not agree to retrain all the current Go-Jet pilots to be replaced by more retrained TSA pilots, so mgt will side with the Teamsters, on fences, and anti-flush, to keep costs low. So, after an aprox 3+ year battle, even if Teamsters agreed on the bottom of the TSA list (if TSA is ½ that lucky) the Go-Jet guys will keep their seats until they bid out by the management imposed fences.

Frank Bama said:
You guys have to stop being so narrow minded by thinking that this fight is just at the regional level. I commute on Southwest, and have had captains saying that they support the fight that we at Trans States have ahead of us. They said that there was no way that any GOJETS guy would ever jumpseat on their airplanes. Good luck to the backstabbers trying to ride on SWA...

Frank Bama, I think you are a pathological liar. SWA pilots are happy guys and don't care about jack. Do not make crap up.

KingKong2 said:
Teamster represents Go-Jet, ALPA represents TSA. Best chance for those two lists to merge/staple whatever is if (best case) the following happens: A year from now ALPA wins their grievance (a Hail Mary based on the wording of the TSA scope). Then, the NMB would need to be petitioned to determine if it were a "single carrier." After long and drawn out litigation with the NMB, the NMB would have to agree they are a single carrier (about another 1 ½ years). Then, a representation vote occurs to see if ALPA or Teamsters is the representation body (6 months more). ALPA would likely win, simply more votes. Now, all 4 parties (ALPA, Teamsters, Go-Jet and TSA) need to sit down and negotiated the merger. Basically, these negations would be an up hill battle for ALPA. Management will not agree to retrain all the current Go-Jet pilots to be replaced by more retrained TSA pilots, so mgt will side with the Teamsters, on fences, and anti-flush, to keep costs low. So, after an aprox 3+ year battle, even if Teamsters agreed on the bottom of the TSA list (if TSA is ½ that lucky) the Go-Jet guys will keep their seats until they bid out by the management imposed fences.

Dan, nice try but your timeline is a little long. This will all occur within 1 year.
1st, Alpa will win the expedited grievance and Blow jet will be merged into TSA by Date of hire. It wont effect you and all the other turncoats that much, but all the off the street folks will be slotted in at their DOH. There will be junior folks holding captain slots, but as more aircraft come online, proper seniority will be used. Its a good thing you have your leave of absence so youll come back at your TSA hire date. All of you will be treated like the infamous aviators that you are. Management wont care at all because they will have their CRJ 700s up and flying making them money. All they want is a way to get the certificate up and running as quick and cheap as possible and you pukes allow this to happen. There will be no retraining, just training folks for the new aircraft as they come online.

Are you sure about EO? I looked and thought he was still there. I guess I'll have to look again...

Yeah, your right. I don't know what's going on with these lists. I know I tried to corrobarate a rumour about one certain Capt having gone over by crosschecking against bid lists and seeing his name not.

tj

PCL128's fire-and-brimstone preaching notwithstanding, I really think that g-jet pilots will have no prblem getting hired at a major if an when the majors hire again.

Who do you REALLY think the majors will take? A 5+ year prop FO from, say, Eagle, or a pilot with a 70-seat type rating and lots of jet PIC?

Come on, you just saw the biggest scab amnesty in the world at CAL. What make you think that anyone in HR at a major is going to give one little whit about g-jet on someone's resume?

I think the majors should reject anyone with GIA on the resume, but they will not care about that either.

KingKong2 said:
1st....Freedom was NON-UNION. No chance to fight a merger.

2nd Go-Jet is Union.... So, the following is more likely:

Just because you win a grievance does not mean they would get stapled. Freedom got stapled because they had no union. It is highly unlikely that an arbitrator would award any remedy in a case like this. The following would more likely play out:

This is very well stated.

You think that TSA management dd not notice what happened with freedom?

I am quite certain they had their lawyers creaft the g-jet scenario very carefully.

The only problem with the above statement is that the lawyer in question is David Hayes. They're not as smart as you think.

Of course, I have to give them credit for bringing in Teamsters. Potentially brilliant ploy by MGMT if it works out by turning this into an ALPA vs Teamsters fight instead of an ALPA vs HK.

a few points...

teamsters are not even close to representing scumbags at the alter ego tsa carrier. The airline is not certified, thus the teamsters are not. All that particular move did was demonstrate to tsa pilots that management was more concerned with whipsawing than even establishing the alter ego. A couple management pilots getting together...what a joke...

as for the pilots at dirtbagjet, they have bigger concerns than just being denied jumpseats. Take at look at the last alpa magazine. They have made a decision that will effectively condemn them to being the migrant farm workers of the industry, jumping from scumbag outfit to scumbag outfit for low wages. The list is out there and will not be supressed.

for the idiot who said that southwest guys are "happy and don't care about jack"

that description fits you idiots who would fly any airplane for peanuts....don't drag the highest paid 737 pilots into your
sh$thole.

Latest resources

Back