• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Around, BE PROFESSIONAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For the record, we flew 280 till 10000, then 250 till underlying class B then 200 to the OM. It was max legal speed all the way.

I would fill out an ASAP for this. You went below class B and re-entered without being cleared. If flying to a class B ATC will not clear you below it.

I flew Citations for years and would have never flown Vapp from the marker in. That is ridiculous in a class B enviroment. Being professional also includes thinking outside the box a little and flying your airplane to help others. While being safe. I realized I was in a slower airplane and would accomadate...no big deal.

Well since this has degenerated into the usual major/regional pi$$ing contest...

1. The only airline that seems to roll all the way to the end in ATL is American.....

2. Only DAL asks for "windchecks" and "how longs the flying".....Why? The windcheck is meaningless and carefully listening to the frequency combined with looking at the TCAS can tell you how long the final is......

3. Mainline pilots seem to miss radio calls more than anyone....

4. I have had to throw out the anchor when following DAL into ATL in an ATR.....

I would fill out an ASAP for this. You went below class B and re-entered without being cleared. If flying to a class B ATC will not clear you below it.

WRONG!

1. ATL does this when the final is long.

2. When you're IFR, you don't need a "clearance" into class B....Do we need some airspace refreshers?

Doesn't FI have a regional section on this web site these jokers could go to??

Maybe you can get ALPA to scope us off "your" message board.....Windcheck?

It's more fun to come over here and jerk your chain.....

Maybe you can get ALPA to scope us off "your" message board.....Windcheck?

It's more fun to come over here and jerk your chain.....

ALPA hasn't done a thing for me the last 19 years, I doubt they will start now. Useless union that can't decide who it represents.

ALPA hasn't done a thing for me the last 19 years, I doubt they will start now. Useless union that can't decide who it represents.

On that we agree......:beer:

However maybe ALPA should represent "pilots" instead of "mainline" and "regional" pilots.....There was a time when it didn't matter what the powerplant was or how many seats an aircraft had....Then YOUR generation decided to develop a two-tiered system so that you could sell out the junior pilots to protect the senior pilots.....

The DC3 used to be a "mainline" aircraft.....Now most "regionals" wouldn't want to fly it.....:rolleyes:

On that we agree......:beer:

However maybe ALPA should represent "pilots" instead of "mainline" and "regional" pilots.....There was a time when it didn't matter what the powerplant was or how many seats an aircraft had....Then YOUR generation decided to develop a two-tiered system so that you could sell out the junior pilots to protect the senior pilots.....

The DC3 used to be a "mainline" aircraft.....Now most "regionals" wouldn't want to fly it.....:rolleyes:

ALPA can't represent both, I do not believe anyone could. Comair and Delta pilots have opposite desires. It is not possible to represent them both. Just look at the RJDC lawsuit filed by Comair pilots.
As far as the DC3 is concerned the 50's are gone. At the time that was state of the art and the majors flew them.

By the way UAL pilots walked off the job in 85 to combat the B scale and I with my fellow EAL pilots walked off in 89 to fight the lower wages being promoted at CAL at the time by frank Lorenzo. Mean while the regionals keep undercutting eachother in a race to see who can fly for less.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back