• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Around, BE PROFESSIONAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Holy crap... or, even better, Jesus Raptor Christ (to borrow a phrase from my dispatcher friend Walter)....

On this given day, one dipsh!t citation crew couldn't play nice and one Delta 757 had to go around. The citation guys (rightfully so) were offended when the Delta guys called them out on the radio. The Delta guys (rightfully so) were annoyed at the go around because one or both of them missed their commute flight/dinner break/one chance to take a decent crap all day.

Go-arounds, much like Sh!t, happen.... daily. Only on flightinfo could one go-around add up to twelve pages of absolutely wasted bandwidth.

Amazing.

By the way, Fins, thanks for the thinly veiled shot at NWA pilots on or about page six of this abortion of a thread.

P.Ps: Hollywood... I think you made this whole thing up. Congratulations on stirring the pot. I'm sorry Delta didn't hire you. I'm even sorrier that you have nothing better to do than to come to this website to vent and attempt to make yourself feel better.

Last edited:
All your runways are belong to us...

seriously, slotations have no place in ATL, thank you.

Let's perhaps consider NOT brining any more "road rage" like behavior to the airport. Let's just leave that to SWA..K?

The: "It's my runway until I choose to leave it" (while essentially true) implies you are desiring to exaggerate your personal space. Or to force others to adapt inordinatly to your personal will. Just like road rage. It's BS and we don't need to do it.

I don't want to make you go around! I don't care if you are in a Citation or a Boeing or a blimp! Try not to make me go around. Let's just cut the gig and go home.

Hollywood, didn't you just get hired by Mesaba?

If so, try to keep this thread in mind when you are following a Citation on final in the CRJ-200 at MGLW, slowed back to Vapp (147KIAS), at the end of a four day, after a reduced rest overnight, on your 7th leg of the day and you end up going around for spacing. (yes, I know that was a run on sentence).

Lighten up. Everone gets tired and cranky from time to time.

Last edited:
Hollywood, didn't you just get hired by Mesaba?

If so, try to keep this thread in mind when you are following a Citation on final in the CRJ-200 at MGLW, slowed back to Vapp (147KIAS), at the end of a four day, after a reduced rest overnight, on your 7th leg of the day and you end up going around for spacing. (yes, I know that was a run on sentence).

Lighten up. Everone gets tired and cranky from time to time.

I understand. I've been on the other end of this too, it sucks, but I never got nasty on the radio though.

Since this, we've been looking at changing our SOPs to allow for more flexibility in these situations.

DAL - sorry you had to g/a, I'd have a beer with any of you anyday.

Last edited:
The ...guys (rightfully so) were annoyed at the go around because one or both of them missed their...one chance to take a decent crap all day.

..like Sh!t, happen.... daily.

By the way, Fins, thanks for the thinly veiled shot at NWA pilots ....
Just in case you guys "return fire," I'll be taking my flight bag home from the Crew Lounge for a year or two after the merger.

Looking on EBay for a Flight Bag turd deflector. Anyone know who makes these? Stopover store?

Last edited:
I have to agree with you there. The biz jets will be flying long after parents give up on trying to buy tickets to take the 4 kids to see Mickey Mouse.

Looking on EBay for a Flight Bag turd deflector. Anyone know who makes these? Stopover store?

The ALPA EC just passed a resolution to start selling these as part of the new merger policy.....In addition to helping with the mergers it will generate some much needed income.....

They come in 2 sizes....One for mainline pilots and one for regionals....The regional version is only capable of deflecting 76 turds or less.....

Latest resources

Back