• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Around, BE PROFESSIONAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any of them, at the crew's request, for performance reasons. Minimum clean at MGTOW was somewhere north of 280kt, in a former life.

....actually that is the FARs granting the crew the ability to wave the speed limits....Controllers can't wave FARs...Crews can for operational needs.....

While we're picking nits, wouldn't "get off our runway" and "thanks ASA" technically be sterile cockpit violations?

....it was IAH.....not that it matters in the ATR....:laugh:

I'm starting to think that you ATR guys have it good. I've had quite a few ATR-ah pilots in the jumpseat the past few months, and they've been talking about all of these really short flights that you guys do into the small stations. I can't find a stand-up that's less than 1:25 each way of flight time next month in our bid pack. A stand-up to MSP? Shoot me now. Still better than 4-day trips, though.

I didnt say ATC wouldnt/couldnt.

You did....

I would fill out an ASAP for this. You went below class B and re-entered without being cleared. If flying to a class B ATC will not clear you below it. You wrote this, didn't you?

I flew Citations for years and would have never flown Vapp from the marker in. That is ridiculous in a class B enviroment. Being professional also includes thinking outside the box a little and flying your airplane to help others. While being safe. I realized I was in a slower airplane and would accomadate...no big deal.

I'm starting to think that you ATR guys have it good. I've had quite a few ATR-ah pilots in the jumpseat the past few months, and they've been talking about all of these really short flights that you guys do into the small stations. I can't find a stand-up that's less than 1:25 each way of flight time next month in our bid pack. A stand-up to MSP? Shoot me now. Still better than 4-day trips, though.

4 day trips? Stand ups? Actually I did HHH standups in Jan....but I only did 5 of them....Flight time that month was about 8.5 hours.....

We do have it good....but not for much longer.....

Pretty soon I can worry about that 250 thing.....Cracks me up when an FO briefs the speed restriction on takeoff in the ATR....

4 day trips? Stand ups

Yep. I actually love stand-ups, since it keeps me home every day of the year, but the flights keep getting longer and longer since they hate paying the soft time. With the regular trips, almost everything is a 4-day trip. Very few 3-days, and virtually no 2-days. The 737 has more variety, though, with even a few lines with just day trips. Overall, though, we need some better language in the next TA to improve trip variety.

Yep. I actually love stand-ups, since it keeps me home every day of the year, but the flights keep getting longer and longer since they hate paying the soft time. With the regular trips, almost everything is a 4-day trip. Very few 3-days, and virtually no 2-days. The 737 has more variety, though, with even a few lines with just day trips. Overall, though, we need some better language in the next TA to improve trip variety.

I'll stick with my 3 days....unless the easy 15 day off stand up lines come back.....We don't have a whole lot of 3 days......but there are enough....

That's why I'm not leaving....Schedule is most important to me.....

Landed my rig today in MEM with a FedEx MD10 behind us.

VFR Prevailed, beautiful day... 170kts to the marker as directed by ATC.

Maintained 170kts until slowing to be at Vref (98kts) by 500AGL.

Had a great view of an MD11 on approach to 18C along side of us all the way down.

Worked out fine.

MD10 behind us landed without any spacing issues. Of course he had to watch for our wake turbulence. ;)

Gotta keep those throttles up.

Spacing on an IFR day would increase anyway... this thread is gay.

I can't tell you how many times I have seen American roll all the way to the end of the runway in ATL, What's up with that?

AA rolls down to the end for two reasons:

1. We fly very safely in these uncertain stressful times whereby distractions can cause us to lose focus on the primary mission - SAFETY

and

2. when we land west, our gates are down on the T concourse, which happens to be at the end of the 26s.

Latest resources

Back