GJ Hiring Captains and fo's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
And sadly, the "1200 TT regional jet F/O" knows what he's talking about a lot more than you do. The people that do the hiring at most companies aren't the typical clueless, crusty, silver-haired, line Captains. They are extremely well-informed and most of them certainly do check SCAB lists before hiring someone. There's a reason that the only SCABs at the majors are ones that slipped through the cracks from mergers that the pilot hiring boards couldn't stop. The only exception is JetBlue, which has taken a few SCABs and a couple of Freedumb scumbags. Other than JetBlue and a few supplemental cargo companies, these HoJet scumbags are pretty much stuck at HoJets because of their backstabbing actions. Enjoy flying those 70-seaters for 50-seat rates for the rest of your careers, scumbags.

Another ridiculous post. Of course you will get hired at other airlines if that is your goal, provided you have the time. PCL easily confuses himself because he doesnt know what a scab is.

Ask yourself if Go Jet was really doing something that is anti union why we don't see any action from ALPA national union? You don't because they know there is nothing wrong there and that it is another legitimate target for organization. My guess is before long you will see ALPA start to reach out to Go Jet pilots in an attempt to keep them from organizing under the Teamsters. After all everybody wants dues money.

But back to the original point. Working for Go Jet is no different than working for any other Regional...except in the minds of the misguided zealots who are upset because they did not get what they wanted and want to blame everyone but themselves for that situation. Go there enjoy the nice airplane and move on when and if you are ready.

theo said:
PCL easily confuses himself because he doesnt know what a scab is.

I disagree, because a G0 Jet pilot is a borderline SCAB. A wanna be SCAB at a minimum. Like it or not, your company was formed for the sole purpose of taking union members jobs away from them. It does not matter that G0 Jets pilots are going to unionize. You can be a union "member" and still be a scab.

Ask yourself if Go Jet was really doing something that is anti union why we don't see any action from ALPA national union? You don't because they know there is nothing wrong there and that it is another legitimate target for organization. My guess is before long you will see ALPA start to reach out to Go Jet pilots in an attempt to keep them from organizing under the Teamsters. After all everybody wants dues money.

Wrong again. Besides a big campaign at STL a few months ago, ALPA is doing everything they "legally" can to stop this alter ego scabline. They just lost a big battle though when the NMB ruled Scabjets a separate company.

But back to the original point. Working for Go Jet is no different than working for any other Regional...except in the minds of the misguided zealots who are upset because they did not get what they wanted and want to blame everyone but themselves for that situation. Go there enjoy the nice airplane and move on when and if you are ready.

I guess that makes MOST of us in the industry misguided because we realize and don't like the fact that you are screwing up the industry for EVERYONE. You are pouring gasoline that on the fire that is fueling to the race to the bottom. It is of little consolation to the rest of us that you Ho Jets pilots will actually hit the bottom first, since you are taking the rest of us down with you.

<--- From an XJT pilot that supports my ALPA brothers at TSA.

Pot, meet kettle.

Here we have a regional jet pilot complaining about taking jobs. When USAir furlouged 1000 pilots and gave the jets/jobs to other carriers, did anyone complain? Did they call them a scab? The answer is no. Why? Because it is just business. No picket line was crossed.

You guys can bluster all you want about G0Jets and Freedom. What you can't explain, it that they are NOT scabs. No picket line has been crossed. No union jobs have been lost. Perhaps an opportunity was lost but that is the way it is. If you figure out a way to change it, let me know. Complain that the G0Jets and Freedom pilots flew the jets for lower wages...wrong again. What did you think was going to happen? You would make 100K a year for flying a 50 seater? Airline economics no longer support that. If you don't like it, then get into another line of work.

The Mesa/Freedom thing has been so hashed and rehashed. ALPA screwed the pooch there and of course they have to blame someone. They were scoped out of the 70/90 seat jets by the USAir working agreement. The only place to put those jets was on another certificate. Fully all of Mesa's U flying was in jeopardy with those aircraft on the certificate (even though they were to be flown for AWA)

Post BK, that has all changed. But it doesn't change the fact that without the Freedom certificate, hundreds of Mesa pilots would be out of work because they could not have captured any DAL flying because of the DAL scope. And who else would be interested in 50 EMB145's that U tossed aside?

A350

The good news is that some of the GJ guys are finding out it's not the story the company gave them about scope during interviews. I talk with them occasionally (oh the horror) and it appears that there are a more than a few malcontents that realize that they're are being tools of the company to be used against TSA for labor issues. Of course there the diehards that will never admit it and sing the praises of Hulas and his boys but deep down, they know the truth no matter how much they proclaim the opposite.

So far as the job issue goes, sure they'll be able to get jobs places but you never know who's going to be sitting across the table from you during that interview. It could be that UPS job that we all lust after but guess what? Maybe he's a former TSA guy that has followed this GJ thing and he sees GJ on your resume. Do you really think your going to get the job? You are not going to burn all your bridges but sure will remove some of them though.

Here we have a regional jet pilot complaining about taking jobs. When USAir furlouged 1000 pilots and gave the jets/jobs to other carriers, did anyone complain? Did they call them a scab? The answer is no. Why? Because it is just business. No picket line was crossed.

There is a reason why nobody complained. The USAir MEC purposely gave away those jobs with their blessing. This is a substantially different situation than what we have at TSA.

The Mesa/Freedom thing has been so hashed and rehashed. ALPA screwed the pooch there and of course they have to blame someone. They were scoped out of the 70/90 seat jets by the USAir working agreement. The only place to put those jets was on another certificate. Fully all of Mesa's U flying was in jeopardy with those aircraft on the certificate (even though they were to be flown for AWA)

The misguided scope language contained in many mainline CBA's that restricts operations outside of their own has been the fuel that fires the race to the bottom. The requirement that regional carriers maintain multiple certificates has given management teams immence leverage in beating down wages.

Mainline groups have enjoyed high pay and benefits over the years because they used to maintain complete control over their brand and the financial sucess of their airline was tied to them. That control has been evaporating over the past 10 years and if it continues the mainline pilot groups will find themselves in a position of being just another contractor no different than the regional pilots of today. The day is coming where a single brand (example: USAir) whose work groups become so diverse that the brand will be able to weather a strike by even the "mainline" groups.

Uncle, Thank you for pointing out that I have no class. Let me help you remember a quote of yours from a while ago:

I know you swallow!!!

Nice, full of class are we?

Did you leave Comair to go back to Indy only to be furloughed. I'm so sorry you made that dumb career dsecision. Looks like you may be looking at *************************s to help kick start your career again.

Last edited:
cocknbull said:
Uncle, Thank you for pointing out that I have no class. Let me help you remember a quote of yours from a while ago:

Nice, full of class are we?

Did you leave Comair to go back to Indy only to be furloughed. I'm so sorry you made that dumb career dsecision. Looks like you may be looking at *************************s to help kick start your career again.

Nothing like fighting fire with fire. Lame

Originally posted by labbats
Nothing like fighting fire with fire. Lame

I think you thought of the wrong saying. I think what I was getting at was more in line with "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones", but I guess that would not have allowed you to call me. "Lame"

Sorry

PS I couldn't help noticing you have as many posts as you have total time. Now that is LAME!!!!

Last edited:
DoinTime:

So if what you say is true, how does this situation get rectified? The answer is and always has been out there.

First, lets look at these alter-ego carriers. If the pilots facing these new certificates would just go to them.....like Mesa/Freedom. Pilots at Mesa were offered the jobs at Freedom....several times. ALPA in their wisdom decided to boycott the effort, even though it meant new equipment, upgrades, and higher pay....and did so at their own peril. They put a rift in their own group, and everyone knows that once that happens that management has won. They should have all gone to Freedom, in seniority order, and basically shut the place down. How? With the throttles in one hand and the logbook in the other. Boycotting the place and labeling the pilots who went there as scabs, scumbags, whatever, just galvanized the group and much to managements delight, caused continued fractures in the ALPA group. After the integration, ALPA claimed victory, even though they signed a sub par contract compared to the Comair contract which took a strike to gain. And now that Freedom is "part" of ALPA, as far as they are concerned all is forgiven as long as you pay your dues and tow their line.

No union purposely GIVES away jobs. You can spin it any way you want. Those jobs used to belong to someone else. All the more reason for the TSA pilots to flood G0Jets with their ranks and then you can exert some operational pressure.

The scope that is in mainline CBA is the only thing that will save a regional pilot from suffering the same fate as the mainline pilots. Scope has caused the need for multiple op certificates. You are right on there. But without scope, where does it end? That is a double edged sword.

A350

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back