GJ Hiring Captains and fo's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A350 said:
Republic is a whole 'nother story.....the U pilots lost out on that deal as well. U management took the pilot pension, took the savings/cash left over and bought a ton of new RJ's, CRJ's and EMB-170's and then gave them away to other carriers. I hope the PSA and Republic pilots like flying my pension.A350

Wow, thats really a shame.

cocknbull said:
Theo the only person that is misguided is you.

The reality of the situation is that ALPA and the TSA pilots do not believe *************************s is just another regional.

The reality is ************************* pilots still work for HK and TSA. Your quality of life will never get better because of who you work for. When are you going to realize that TSA is near the bottum of the list of good places to work, and you and all the other ************************* pilots are being used as tools to make our life worse not better. Let us review the "reflection of the times" at TSA, shall we. According to TSA's DOT filling last year we cleared about 27 million and according to a leading STL newspaper *************************s will make money in the first year. Mcdonalds franchises don't even turn a profit for 2 to 3 years. Think about it.

For you to ass u me that *************************s is just another regional and that your quality of life will improve, is both sophmoric and niave.

I agree that TSA pilots don't view Go Jet as just another airline. You guys wanted that flying and did'nt get it. Of course you are upset. The problem is your upset at the wrong people. Don't be mad at the competitor who beat you, be mad at the guys who did'nt secure that for you when they had the chance...your MEC. You continue to blame the wrong people.

As for ALPA the facts don't agree with your assertion that ALPA has a problem with Go Jet. If they did where are the public statements condeming them, where is the call for a hiring ban? Why isn't there something in the ALPA magazine asking all pilots to do their best to discourage people from going to Go Jet? There isn't because they know there is no reason to do it. This was a battle that the local MEC could have won but failed miserably in their efforts to do so. The national people know you can't protect from poor local leadership.

As for Go Jet quality of life...I can only defer to the guys who actually fly there. I don't hear them complaining about life there. The only ones who keep saying how bad it is there are the guys who wanted the flying and did'nt get it or the other misguided zealots that jump on every silly bandwagon that comes along.

theo

TSA pilots had already agreed to get this flying in 2000; Industry average pay and no alter ego airline. It is management who has has decided not to honor or CBA. You act as if you WON the flying and we were out done by better competition. You are a childish clown. If you think of this interms of winning, you are a member of a week and unhonorable team who was handed the trophy after not even playing in the game.

Yes my anger is with TSA management and not the pilots of *************************. However I think of any pilot at ************************* as a selfish spineless whore willing to destroy their own good name for an easy upgrade or seniority. As a result I have no respect for any pilot at *************************s.

Discussing this matter with you is pointless. You are so self obsorbed that your mind will not allow you to see the complexity of this issue.

ALPA in public and in its magazine has said that alter ego carriers like *************************s pose a direct threat on the well being of the airline pilot profession. And while you theo are not *************************s you are a pilot contributing to the disease. Your are just as bad.

DoinTime said:
...and it would have been nice if AA pilots would have stood firm on this issue instead of taking "bribe" money for continued violation. This very issue is proof that everything at mainline is for sale when it comes down to it.

yes I agree, many of us would have like that, however how would you have fought it? We could have done another sick out which cost us 45 million. We could take it to court and an arbitrator, who would have said "yes they are violating your scope clause. but are doing more damage to UAL pilots since that is the color of the jets being flown. We were told it was a lost cause, and that they would simply shift flying to Republic to circumnavigate or scope clause. WHich is what happened. The changing of certificates to bypass scope clauses so new pilots can fly those 70 seat jets.

No, I don't have much sympathy for TSA and what Go Jets is doing, if TSA pilots could fly a 70-90 seat jet to replace me they would do it in a heartbeat. As one TSA captain told me, it is just economics, nothing personal. It looks like he is reeping it now.

AA

SkyBoy:

It is a shame....it is also business.

Blame is a terrible thing......when you point the finger at someone, there are three pointing back at you.

If you think that Freedom and G0Jets were bad, wait until NEWCO gets up and running. There just is no defense for this stuff right now. Even a strike by the NWA pilots will not stop it. Leaving the cockpit at NWA just invites someone else to step in. Staying and flying is the only way.

A350

cocknbull said:
theo

TSA pilots had already agreed to get this flying in 2000; Industry average pay and no alter ego airline. It is management who has has decided not to honor or CBA. You act as if you WON the flying and we were out done by better competition. You are a childish clown. If you think of this interms of winning, you are a member of a week and unhonorable team who was handed the trophy after not even playing in the game.

Yes my anger is with TSA management and not the pilots of *************************. However I think of any pilot at ************************* as a selfish spineless whore willing to destroy their own good name for an easy upgrade or seniority. As a result I have no respect for any pilot at *************************s.

Discussing this matter with you is pointless. You are so self obsorbed that your mind will not allow you to see the complexity of this issue.

ALPA in public and in its magazine has said that alter ego carriers like *************************s pose a direct threat on the well being of the airline pilot profession. And while you theo are not *************************s you are a pilot contributing to the disease. Your are just as bad.

Sorry dude but your comments just prompt more questions. If TSA management is not honoring your CBA, then where is the grevience? If one is filed have you asked for an expedited hearing? When will it be heard?

Based upon info I have seen posted here and not refuted by anyone. Your CBA had no agreement with the Holding company that started Go Jet you had no right to the flying because your MEC failed to negotiate for that flying. The company just did what every other company would do in that situation, they took advantage of that. Buisness is buisness....learn from your mistakes but quit holding eveyone else responsible for them.

Obviously pilots that have gone to Go Jet have got on your bad side...no doubt about it, you don't respect or like them. My point in responding is that you are not the representative for most pilots. I believe most pilots look at Go Jet as just another Regional. I represent that viewpoint. Again it is ony the TSA pilots and the zealots who feel the way you do, not most pilots.

The problem I have is that there was no reason to create a seperate pilot group for GJ in the first place. In the beginning, Mgt told us that they had to keep pilot groups seperate for legal reasons, then they later offered us the flying with the LOA. I still have not heard a good explanation for this other than the obvious whipsaw opportunity for TSA Mgt.

POKEY said:
The problem I have is that there was no reason to create a seperate pilot group for GJ in the first place. In the beginning, Mgt told us that they had to keep pilot groups seperate for legal reasons, then they later offered us the flying with the LOA. I still have not heard a good explanation for this other than the obvious whipsaw opportunity for TSA Mgt.

But didnt you reject their offer to give you the flying?

Latest resources

Back