• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting the call from US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's got to be a tough leap from RJ captain making 80/hr to a USA E190 FO making less than 50/hr for 5yrs.

Did hear that some Regional FO's were getting the call though.

That's got to be a tough leap from RJ captain making 80/hr to a USA E190 FO making less than 50/hr for 5yrs.

Nobody will stay on the 190 past year 1 unless they choose to do so for schedule. At 5 years you're back up above $80 as a E190 Capt or worst case $75 as an Airbus F/O. YMMV, IMHO, No warranty expressed or implied.

I've been on miliarty leave for 2 years. I was able to hold a secondary line as a DCA AB f/o. But with the latest bid, I'll be on reserve. So, I'm not sure why they're hiring with the cut back in flying. Hopefully I can stay on leave until I can hold a line again.

Nobody will stay on the 190 past year 1 unless they choose to do so for schedule. At 5 years you're back up above $80 as a E190 Capt or worst case $75 as an Airbus F/O. YMMV, IMHO, No warranty expressed or implied.

Good point, at least it sounds like they can move off that E190 FO payscale...which is a very good thing.

I've been on miliarty leave for 2 years. I was able to hold a secondary line as a DCA AB f/o. But with the latest bid, I'll be on reserve. So, I'm not sure why they're hiring with the cut back in flying. Hopefully I can stay on leave until I can hold a line again.

From what I have heard, they are maintaining block hours on the domestic while decreasing lines of flying. Better aircraft utilization. They can't really cut anymore flying because we are 1 aircraft over the min fleet and just a hair above the average min block hours. I think the company said it is a seasonal 1% cut which includes the express operation as well. The international pulldown occurs every sept. Also, apparently the new rest/duty rules will be out in august and while we don't know the exact changes yet, the company is expecting to need increased reserve coverage due to these changes.

From what I have heard, they are maintaining block hours on the domestic while decreasing lines of flying. Better aircraft utilization. They can't really cut anymore flying because we are 1 aircraft over the min fleet and just a hair above the average min block hours. I think the company said it is a seasonal 1% cut which includes the express operation as well. The international pulldown occurs every sept. Also, apparently the new rest/duty rules will be out in august and while we don't know the exact changes yet, the company is expecting to need increased reserve coverage due to these changes.
Got it..Thanks for the explanation. Any idea when the lines will increase? Spring maybe??

There were some 18 or so pilots from PSA that were hired back in 2008. Our President decided that he wasn't able to replace them so put a halt on them going to US Airways. Since 2008 4 have left for mainline, that was back in the beginning of june. Another 4 maybe going in July.
No other pilots from PSA have been allowed to interview at Airways. Lawsuit will be filed I’m sure. We have pilots with 5,6,7,8..15 thousand hours flying in the US Airways system and none have gotten a call. Discriminatory? Or did someone at PSA make a call to Airways HR Dept requesting that they not interview PSA pilots?

Same with PDT pilots. No calls. Cut back to taking 2/month for previsouly hired pilots from 2008. Keith and Steve... class acts.

Not too sure about that. The Airbus is VERY understaffed. They run out of FO's almost every day without exception. I have worked every reserve day this month as an S reserve in CLT. There are some days they run out before 8am... I'm not saying they aren't short on the 190, but I would think if the company had to cancel flights due to crew shortages, I would think they would want the larger planes to go that are carrying more revenue. Either way, we need pilots...

I second that... POTA's left and right daily... Not that anyone would answer the phone...

Latest resources

Back