• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting the call from US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
unfilled/open positions from bid result (sept 2011)

2 - FO AirBus CLT
14 - FO AirBus DCA
3 - FO AirBus PHL
14 - FO E190 PHL

33 total unfilled/open positions for Sept 2011

Flew with a guy in the 190 Training Department yesterday and he said that new hires will go to Group 2 to fill those positions.

Which new hires are we talking about? I finished a trip with a guy from the training department yesterday and he said the new hires presented in last week's issue of AboutUS are going to the 190. Previous rumors had it that they would go to group 2.

Which new hires are we talking about? I finished a trip with a guy from the training department yesterday and he said the new hires presented in last week's issue of AboutUS are going to the 190. Previous rumors had it that they would go to group 2.

I'm thinking the next class or two of new hires will go to the 190. This is because there is about 10-15 pilots yet from the july bid who were awarded the airbus and are being held because the 190 is short on fo's. As these new hires hit the line, the previously awarded from july bid will be released and new hires will back fill onto the 190. Once the cycle is completed the last 20 or so new hires will likely fill the last remaining group 2 positions that were on this sept bid. Just my take on how this will play out.....

I agree with the above assessment.

No calls have gone out yet. Guys that interviewed these last two weeks might hear something by the end of this week. Word is they wanted to get all the interviews done first.

Last edited:
I'm thinking the next class or two of new hires will go to the 190. This is because there is about 10-15 pilots yet from the july bid who were awarded the airbus and are being held because the 190 is short on fo's. As these new hires hit the line, the previously awarded from july bid will be released and new hires will back fill onto the 190. Once the cycle is completed the last 20 or so new hires will likely fill the last remaining group 2 positions that were on this sept bid. Just my take on how this will play out.....

Not too sure about that. The Airbus is VERY understaffed. They run out of FO's almost every day without exception. I have worked every reserve day this month as an S reserve in CLT. There are some days they run out before 8am... I'm not saying they aren't short on the 190, but I would think if the company had to cancel flights due to crew shortages, I would think they would want the larger planes to go that are carrying more revenue. Either way, we need pilots...

Latest resources

Back