• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting the call from US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The most junior newhire on property is only about 400 #'s from holding E190 Captain right now....

Once retirements start you should be holding E190 Captain in less then two years as a newhire.

but that would mean the 190's have to be still on the property in 2 years and from what I'm told (from line flying rumor mill central) is that that doesn't seem to be the case. Last I was told from a CA that "knows" someone in Tempe (that knows someone that's related to someone that knows someone in the "loop") is that the 190 lease prices go up next year and they will turn the 15 remaining a/c in.

Lear Love, I wouldn't believe anything a captain tells you, even less so the more senior said captain is. The more senior they are, the wackier the stuff they come up with is, generally speaking. However, since it's USAirways and the talk is airplanes going away, that may very well be an exception to the rule.

Maybe you mean check airman, I dunno. But even so the same rule applies.

Last edited:
I may have not been around as long as some of you guys but by now I know enough to not to believe anything in this industry that comes from:

1. FAA/POI
2. training dept.
3. CA or "senior" CA, FO or "senior" FO
4. check airman
5. CP/DO/fleet CA
6. FA
7. MX
8. Ramper
9. Gate Agent
10. Management: especially management at a "town hall" meeting/video
11. Union
12. Dispatcher
13. Scheduler

and last but not least, the ever elusive "guy in the jumpseat" that knows someone in any position listed in 1 to 13 above. How come after 12 years and 10K hours of 121 time I can't get this "jumpseat guy" that seems to know every rumor on any of my flights? He seems about as hard to find/meet as that Charlie guy they were looking for back in Nam.

Last edited:
I may have not been around as long as some of you guys but by now I know enough to not to believe anything in this industry that comes from:

1. FAA/POI
2. training dept.
3. CA or "senior" CA, FO or "senior" FO
4. check airman
5. CP/DO/fleet CA
6. FA
7. MX
8. Ramper
9. Gate Agent
10. Management: especially management at a "town hall" meeting/video
11. Union
12. Dispatcher
13. Scheduler

and last but not least, the ever elusive "guy in the jumpseat" that knows someone in any position listed in 1 to 13 above. How come after 12 years and 10K hours of 121 time I can't get this "jumpseat guy" that seems to know every rumor on any of my flights? He seems about as hard to find/meet as that Charlie guy they were looking for back in Nam.

ha ha ha... too true!

but that would mean the 190's have to be still on the property in 2 years and from what I'm told (from line flying rumor mill central) is that that doesn't seem to be the case. Last I was told from a CA that "knows" someone in Tempe (that knows someone that's related to someone that knows someone in the "loop") is that the 190 lease prices go up next year and they will turn the 15 remaining a/c in.

The E-190's are owned not leased.

I may have not been around as long as some of you guys but by now I know enough.....

6QUOTE]

I wasn't intending to comment on how long you've been around in any way, shape, or form. In fact I'm merely a west rookie. It's just that what you said a CA told you about the 190s next year made me think back to something that struck me when I was a 757 fo.

Captains used to tell me all kinds of things, and usually the more senior they were the farther off they were, about whatever it was they were talking about. And the more wacked out it was, the more they seemed sure about it. I swear some of those guys got their ideas from Mars or something. It was kind of funny the way some of the fas thought they were hearing it straight from Moses too.

The rest of your post about sums it up.

Last edited:
just my 2 cents worth, but i think you have to much time, i think U.S Air are looking for low time guys who are willing to work for 2950/month before taxes. That is going to be very hard to survive on. I dont think any CRJ Capt would want to go there for a big pay cut and quality of life.

I agree, no Capts got the call, however 2 lowtime FO's did

Latest resources

Back