• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Get ASA/XJT Combined Seniority List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isn't DOH better than on the street in a few years???????

SKYW is getting your flying with or with XJT that's just how ruthless the industry is.

Now let it rip..........

Sure they are. That is why they have gone thru all this trouble twice in two years. If you were right, they would just do that since it would be easier to screw the pilots and a whole lot cheaper. And even if it was true, I personally rather take that risk then to be a part of the JA whipsaw.

What whipsaw? Things are alot better at asa now than before skywest. True we don't have three days like we used to, but everything else is better. Skywest does wht they are good at, they make money. They are smart enough to treat the employees well, because it makes money. They have kept a union out of bigloveville this whole time by keeping the help happy. If you're gonna fight a war, at least know what it is you are fighting over. You don't have a clue.
By the way, you're company is a chess piece in the Inc game, whether you become the queen, or the pawn is up to all of us getting this deal done. Fall on you're sword if you like, but I think you'll be alone.

If XJT didn't bring great value to Inc, JA would not have bought us. Skw has wanted to get into bed so badly that they have gone thru great lengths twice in two years to make it happen. That's the thing with mergers and acquisitions, they are mutually beneficient. If not, skw should just let us go bk if you guys are so sure that would happen and then they can just buy the assets and do with the pilots what they would really rather do.

A little full of ourselves aren't we. You do bring value to Skywest Inc, as does Skywest Inc bring value to you. Now here is the question. Who needs the other more. In my opinion, Skywest Inc. will be fine even if this doesn't happen. ExpressJet on the other hand may not fare as well if this falls through.

Pride goeth before the fall.

AVoiceofReason

I think the SLI should be alphabetically based on last name. :)

This isn't a big deal.... it could have been worse, Compass SLI. How would you like to be a 10th year displaced CA-FO yanking gear for a 3rd year CA, who 4 years ago was your new hire FO before jumping ship for Compass?

This isn't a big deal.... it could have been worse, Compass SLI. How would you like to be a 10th year displaced CA-FO yanking gear for a 3rd year CA, who 4 years ago was your new hire FO before jumping ship for Compass?[/QUOTE]

Well as much as it sucks, relative seniority would be fair. That new hire FO took a risk going to Compass that the 10 year CA-FO didn't. Now if that FO was in the top 50% at Compass, and was a CA, he should still be top 50% on the new list.

I'm still waiting for someone to point out the problems with relative seniority, and how there is a windfall for anyone.

Where I am on the list, as an ASA pilot I would do better with DOH. But I think it is MORE FAIR for everyone to do relative seniority.

I didn't like how our signing bonus was disbursed even though I was a Captain. My friends in my new hire class who were still FO's got less than half of what I did. I was embarrassed how the other Captains sat around and justified why they should get more. It was a signing bonus, not retro.

I am embarrassed by people who want to unfairly improve their seniority by screaming DOH and "we bought you" Good thing it's not up to us.

This is what is wrong with this world and this industry. Your greed is showing.

Where I am on the list, as an ASA pilot I would do better with DOH. But I think it is MORE FAIR for everyone to do relative seniority.

I didn't like how our signing bonus was disbursed even though I was a Captain. My friends in my new hire class who were still FO's got less than half of what I did. I was embarrassed how the other Captains sat around and justified why they should get more. It was a signing bonus, not retro.

I am embarrassed by people who want to unfairly improve their seniority by screaming DOH and "we bought you" Good thing it's not up to us.

This is what is wrong with this world and this industry. Your greed is showing.

You must be on the MEC! They care about XJT more than ASA pilots! (according to outtahere)

What whipsaw? Things are alot better at asa now than before skywest. True we don't have three days like we used to, but everything else is better. Skywest does wht they are good at, they make money. They are smart enough to treat the employees well, because it makes money. They have kept a union out of bigloveville this whole time by keeping the help happy. If you're gonna fight a war, at least know what it is you are fighting over. You don't have a clue.
By the way, you're company is a chess piece in the Inc game, whether you become the queen, or the pawn is up to all of us getting this deal done. Fall on you're sword if you like, but I think you'll be alone.

Didn't they give your 900s to skw during negotiations? What about PBS?

Anyways, JA has already whipsawed XJT with his skw pilots two years ago.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back