general mills

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No such creature in the jet world.

I actually know this individual, and I can tell you guys it's true. He's a very straight shooting and respectable guy and would have no reason to lie, he actually seemed a bit embarrassed to tell me. When he was asked to submit an expected salary during the hiring process he put a number a LOT less than they came back with, and he was in shock when he saw what they would actually offer him.

He's an ex 717 FO.

Last edited:
Pay

I worked with a guy at General Mills and he started out above 100k, but had a great overall pay package, with insurance, 401K match, profit sharing, etc. etc.

He was typed in the X, and had a lot of PIC hours and international experience.
I would believe the overall package could total 150K.

Good for Him!

Sorry ladies, here's what I mean by non-typed PIC....An individual applying for the job has plenty of experience but is not typed on the aircraft on property, the pilot will have to go through training for a type rating.

Ok, I understand now. Many places will pay someone less to start if they don't have a rating and experience in that particular plane. They won't care that you have 10,000 PIC hrs in a DC9.

Yeah I figured as much seeing that school is a pretty big investment.

Any outfit that pays you less because they have to send you to school is rather questionable.....same thing goes for only hiring typed guys - makes sense...skip over quality people to avoid a school bill...:(

Suppose you were a DA2000 captain and needed a DA900ex intitial...you should start at less money than someone with some time in a 900ex? - thats a good way to create a revolving door of pilots!

School is part of doing business, not a perk.

Rant over!

yes, that's true too. Every place is different. Just sayin

Yup.....flight departments aren't always known to make smart decisions....it is what it is.

These days my job is much easier...I just smile at the boss, say bye, and go home..

:)

Latest resources

Back