general mills

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rufus

I have a friend in msp who says his friend just got a job at general mills starting pay or 150k. I call B.S. on this. Can anyone help me out. The guy also was just a regional pilot for Mesaba

If they're still flying Citation X's then yes that pay is a wee bit high for a newbie right seater...

I call major Horse S&%t on $150K to start in the X. Even as a street captain, which I doubt is the case, I can't imagine $150K in the door on a X. On a G550 maybe, but not on a X.

Good luck getting that on the Gulfstream too. It ain't happening at my house, especially for a new hire! I'd raise the BS flag big time on that one.

Thats a very reasonable number for someone with experience that walks in as a PIC....but maybe a tad high for an F/O (good for him if true)

After doing interviews for a few years at a previous company I have learned that real world pay numbers differ from Internet numbers by about 20%.

150K is very average on a GV/Global with some time and experience, but sounds kinda high for a newhire FO from a regional.

Some also look at the number thier company may throw at them - bonus, benefits, stock etc...all BS....try and buy groceries or pay your mortgage with stock options..

FWIW most newhires I have seen in these types started at around 125K plus bonus (varied greatly) - but again these days bonuses should NOT be added in the figure.

Also, pay does not usually differ by type if a company operates more than one...

I can't remember is the X considered a Heavy Jet by corporate pay standards? I know the 604 is considered Heavy, would $125K plus bonus be normal for a non-typed PIC?

I can't remember is the X considered a Heavy Jet by corporate pay standards? I know the 604 is considered Heavy, would $125K plus bonus be normal for a non-typed PIC?

Maybe I am out of the loop BUT,
what is a non typed PIC? no such animal in my world.

Citation X? uh no

Last edited:
I personally find that a little hard to believe since 3M (Minnesota based as well) from what I have heard starts people out at 100k on a GV. I sincerely doubt General Mills would be paying that for a X, but of course my assumptions could be way off. If it is true then I am thrilled to hear a little bit of good news from the Corporate world.

Latest resources

Back