• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gary Kelly's ATN Comments at Message To The Field

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cometman, our seniority is not for sale. Pay rates often change and are irrelevant to a seniority discussion.

Great hopefully we can work something out so you guys can keep your seats and your contract. I would be fine with that. Enjoy. We just aren't giving away our contract for nothing either.

Did you Southwest pilots see the SLI award for Frontier and Republic? Another relative award with several totally different type companies. I don't think your staple dreams will come even remotely true. Take a look at the award if you have time. It will open your eyes, big time.

OYS

Great hopefully we can work something out so you guys can keep your seats and your contract. I would be fine with that. Enjoy. We just aren't giving away our contract for nothing either.

If it was you personally paying our wages I'd understand the sentiment.
It's not, so I don't.

Cometman, our seniority is not for sale. Pay rates often change and are irrelevant to a seniority discussion.

Sure it is. SWA bought you. If you really think that you get to keep your seniority and all the other benefits you are dreaming. Fair and Equitable doesn't mean you get everything and they get nothing. I understand what you want but it really will not happen in the real world.

If it was you personally paying our wages I'd understand the sentiment.
It's not, so I don't.

Well I guess if you OWNED your seat I'd understand the sentiment, but you don't the AIRLINE does, SWA, so the same is true.

Did you Southwest pilots see the SLI award for Frontier and Republic? Another relative award with several totally different type companies. I don't think your staple dreams will come even remotely true. Take a look at the award if you have time. It will open your eyes, big time.

OYS

Interesting, I will have to check SWAPALuv.com for clear and objective analysis regarding this SLI award.

You need to give up something for all the money you will be getting. The only thing SWA can get is seniority. Everything else you guys mention that SWA is getting from Airtran is offset by what you are getting from SWA. So, you get money and they get seniority. Or you can wait it out for several years and still get the same thing. I would take the money now. Or you could check with the guy that has his but so far up he cannot get it out without help. We all know who that is, right?

The AirTran guys are not this stupid, cometman! They would never trade seniority for a temporary pay increase. Pay is ALWAYS temporary, seniority is forever!

Relative SLI will be great for the Tranny guys/gals, without a whole lot of upside to junior SWA guys who were told of 6 year upgrades...those guys will be pissed, but oh well...welcome to large carrier status in the airline biz!

Relative SLI will be great for the Tranny guys/gals, without a whole lot of upside to junior SWA guys who were told of 6 year upgrades...those guys will be pissed, but oh well...welcome to large carrier status in the airline biz!

Anybody want to know what it means to piss away the opportunity of a lifetime look no further than AirTran pilots.

Simply amazing. I guess ALPA has nothing to lose. Sad.

The AirTran guys are not this stupid, cometman! They would never trade seniority for a temporary pay increase. Pay is ALWAYS temporary, seniority is forever!

Hell if seniority is everything, I am trying to figure out why people leave the regionals to go to other airlines? I know why I left my regional I would have been super senior, but the work rules, the pay, and the contract sucked. I guess seniority isn't everything. Also, if it is everything I guess the Airtran guys won't care if something happens and this deal falls apart. They will probably be just as happy as all the SWA people if it does fall apart according to the seniority is everything mantra. Last post, this gets me too fired up.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back