G0JETS Blows

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
smokey999 said:
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. There are numerous airlines hiring. All of which have contracts in place and airplanes flying already, and better job security. If you are hurting for money because you are laid off, why choose the carrier that's having certification problems, has no union, has no contract, has a ton of contraversy surrounding it, etc., etc?? I'm curious to see if someone has a logical answer.

The comment was directed at a PFT who feels his actions don't lower the bar, but someone trying to support their family does.

I do know what I'm talking about, and no, I do not work for G0jet.

There are many airlines hiring. Not all of them are union and have contracts.

You knew that though, since you have a clue what you are talking about.

Ridiculous.

vclean said:
The comment was directed at a PFT who feels his actions don't lower the bar, but someone trying to support their family does.

Not true. PFT certainly lowers the bar. The question isn't whether it lowers the bar, the question is whether 250 hour pilots that are new to the industry should be blamed for it. I think that's ridiculous. How can you blame someone that simply doesn't know that this isn't how the industry works?

The BloJets situation is a lot different. These guys aren't a bunch of newbies that don't know any better. From what I've heard, lots of these guys are former USAir that are furloughed. They've been ALPA members for 15 years or more. They know how things work, and they know this isn't right. I have no sympathy just because they "want to feed their family." That's what every SCAB has used for a defense for as long as there have been SCABs. The fact is, these guys could support their families just as well by working at Home Depot. There is no excuse for stabbing the TSA pilots in the back.

21stDustDevil said:
I have been involved in the Aviation industry for many years. Been through more than one roller coaster cycle and seen more than my fair share of strikes. I fly with several different crews every month with a mainline carrier, and many of them have also been through what I have been through. The subject of *************************s has rarely come up, and when it has, I haven't heard much negative. Most pilots actually talk about it as a good opportunity. I don't know too much about the operation, but I do know that those I have spoken to at my carrier who do know about it, don't care. *************************s is not the reason we are having trouble. Anywhere our furloughed guys can get a decent job back in the saddle, I say go for it. From what I have heard, this really sounds like local friction. I don't spend much time on these boards, and I don't know many of my colleagues that do, but there seems to be more incorrect statements made about the industry than what is reality. From my own experiences, I would never deny anyone the jumpseat or treat them badly for doing their job. Just my opinion, and I think have seen enough to give one.

Classic.

A 16,000+ hr former military and current "mainline" pilot makes his first post on this message board about what subject? An alter-ego carrier of Trans States. And how the subject "rarely" comes up...but it's enough in the forefront of this poster's conciousness that he signs up for flightinfo.com just to make a post about it.

Yea, right.

Welcome to aviation. Pilots have been throwing each other under the bus for years.

Management has perfected whipsawing and contract scare tactics. Eagle, CHQ, and TSA pilots were infighting over AMR (formerly TWA) flying, playing into management's plan.

Soon it may be Pinnacle & Mesaba blaming each other for 'stealing' a/c and flying. Meanwhile NWA whipsaws more abusive contracts.

Lorenzo may be gone, but there are plenty others following his legacy.

PCL_128 said:
Not true. PFT certainly lowers the bar. The question isn't whether it lowers the bar, the question is whether 250 hour pilots that are new to the industry should be blamed for it. I think that's ridiculous. How can you blame someone that simply doesn't know that this isn't how the industry works?

Ignorance is not an excuse. When you saw GIA it was a shortcut for 30,000 dollars. You should've have done your homework better. You were already a commerical pilot, you should have been looking for a way to make money as a pilot not spend more.

flyinglow said:
You were already a commerical pilot, you should have been looking for a way to make money as a pilot not spend more.

Uh, no I wasn't. When I went to GIA I had a Private Cert and about 100 hrs TT. Up until a couple of years ago when the ab initio program shut down, most of the pilots at GIA started there with zero time or close to it. You went through the ab initio program for your ratings and then went into the FO training.

PCL_128 said:
The BloJets situation is a lot different. These guys aren't a bunch of newbies that don't know any better. From what I've heard, lots of these guys are former USAir that are furloughed. They've been ALPA members for 15 years or more. They know how things work, and they know this isn't right. I have no sympathy just because they "want to feed their family." That's what every SCAB has used for a defense for as long as there have been SCABs. The fact is, these guys could support their families just as well by working at Home Depot.

You are so full of Sh!t. What a stupid thing to say. I'm guessing you don't have a family (Wife and Kids) and/or if you do, you're a poor excuse for a provider and a man. Yes, you can go work at Home Depot, Wal-Mart, or Burger King; but you will be even more miserable than you already are as a furlwd pilot. These guys are doing what they love and making money (maybe not a lot) so that they can feed their families. No, Gjets may have not been their first choice or even the best choice but they did what they felt was best. If you were to get shot in the eye (god forbid) and couldn't fly anymore, what would you do? I know one thing, my heart would break because I enjoy the occupation that I have chosen. Could I do something else; sure I could. Would I be happy doing so, maybe and maybe not. Whatever the case may be, Don't insult the fact that these guys/girls are feeding their kids and taking care of their roll as father, husbands, and wives and not depending on the system to do so.
Grow up!

There are plenty of airlines hiring that are not created for the sole purpose of circumventing the TSA pilots' CBA. If these guys want to get payed to fly airliners then they can apply to: Comair, ASA, PSA, ExpressJet, Mesaba, Pinnacle, Atlas, Kalitta, UPS, FedEx, Mesa, etc... Need I go on? In order to fly for a living they don't need to stab other pilots in the back. That is choice they are making.

PCL_128 said:
There are plenty of airlines hiring that are not created for the sole purpose of circumventing the TSA pilots' CBA. If these guys want to get payed to fly airliners then they can apply to: Comair, ASA, PSA, ExpressJet, Mesaba, Pinnacle, Atlas, Kalitta, UPS, FedEx, Mesa, etc... Need I go on? In order to fly for a living they don't need to stab other pilots in the back. That is choice they are making.

You can say what you want. They did what was right for them at the time. When you have no job, you take the first job that comes to you; that could have been the case. Maybe the fact that they're typing these guys in the CRJ7 and hiring street capt's may have intrigued them. Who knows! but don't insult their intentions of "Feeding their families".

BlackPilot628 said:
Maybe the fact that they're typing these guys in the CRJ7 and hiring street capt's may have intrigued them.

Yes, and the chance to fly an L1011 "intrigued" a lot of guys back in '89 when Lorenzo offered them SCAB jobs. Do you defend those guys also? It's really not much different.

Latest resources

Back