G0JETS Blows

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Black Water Dog said:
That's pretty funny. Ho Jet was supposed to be revenue flying on August 1. Perhaps you would like to update us on the progress of the Bridgeton Bozos?
(For the unfamilar, Bridgeton MO is the corporate HQ for Trans States/Ho Jet.)

As deadlines slip towards '06 Big Daddy UAL must be really pi$$ed.

Calling SkyWest ....

Well, there is rumor (re: flightinfo), and there is fact (unknown to me, and probably you).

Per MESA ALPA at the time: Freedom wasn't going to happen, couldn't start up on time, couldn't survive a court challenge, couldn't get it's FAA cert, couldn't get competent pilots, and couldn't run an op on time . . . Uh, THEN IT DID. Oops.

I don't really care a whit about *************************s. But everything I see here is 99.9% identical to what went on at F8 years ago, and I suspect we're seeing history repeating itself. So my interest here is really just academic (and to stir up a little poop).

FreedomAList said:
How can you possibly be so strongly union, yet so proud to vote for such an outspoken big business, anti-labor candidate?

The truth is, neither party is friendly to unionized labor. Need I remind you which party the President belonged to who signed NAFTA into law? Besides, there are many issues that I believe are much more important when selecting a President.

By the way, you won't find me "squirming" if you ask me about the list when I try to catch a ride. I'll gladly show you the list and we can even debate the whole thing right there in the flight deck if you wish.

Last edited:
PCL_128 said:
There are plenty of airlines hiring that are not created for the sole purpose of circumventing the TSA pilots' CBA. If these guys want to get payed to fly airliners then they can apply to: Comair, ASA, PSA, ExpressJet, Mesaba, Pinnacle, Atlas, Kalitta, UPS, FedEx, Mesa, etc... Need I go on? In order to fly for a living they don't need to stab other pilots in the back. That is choice they are making.

************************* was not created to circumvent the TSA CBA. It was created to comply with APA's scope provisions. TSA's CBA had very poor scope and an MEC who had no will to deal with their management, so there's your outcome. As I've said before, GJ has professional well credentialed pilots working for them, mostly furloughed mainline pilots, in a unionized workplace with a good contract underway. GJ pilots are not lowballing anyone.

By the way, before I recieved my Private Certificate I saw those time-building ads in aviation magazines and knew then and there that that was selling out.

PCL_128 said:
Indeed I do. I also carry the Freedumb list and now the BloJets list. I'm not the only one either. I know lots of guys that carry the Freedumb list.

I'm going to come up with a PFT list, and pass it along to everyone. What you did is worse than SCABBING.

fuelflow said:
************************* was not created to circumvent the TSA CBA. It was created to comply with APA's scope provisions.

What a load of crap. If TSA management just wanted to comply with APA scope, then all they had to do was staff the new airline with TSA pilots. A second airline certificate is all that is necessary to comply with the APA scope language. A new pilot seniority list is not. Instead of using their current pilots that helped bring in the revenue to pay for this new airline, they brought in a bunch of scumbags (that means you) to circumvent the TSA CBA. This isn't about APA scope at all, this is about good old fashioned union busting.

fuelflow said:
************************* was not created to circumvent the TSA CBA. It was created to comply with APA's scope provisions. TSA's CBA had very poor scope and an MEC who had no will to deal with their management, so there's your outcome. As I've said before, GJ has professional well credentialed pilots working for them, mostly furloughed mainline pilots, in a unionized workplace with a good contract underway. GJ pilots are not lowballing anyone.

TSA's contract is amendable next year. How can you possibly think that GJ won't be used against the TSA pilots when they're fighting to their working conditions. And if you have such great information on a good contract, why don't you share where you got it with us so we can all see what a wonderful place GJ will be.

DX Rick said:
I'm going to come up with a PFT list, and pass it along to everyone.

Really, that should be interesting. You gonna pass it out to all your dispatcher buddies? I'm sure every PFT'er out there is scared now that a dispatcher is going to deny him a jumpseat. Or maybe you can pass it out to all your buddies that you fly Cessnas and Pipers with. Dang, nothing worse than getting bumped off that last Cessna flight home because the "Captain" wouldn't let you on the jumpseat. [/sarcasm]

PCL_128 said:
What a load of crap. If TSA management just wanted to comply with APA scope, then all they had to do was staff the new airline with TSA pilots. A second airline certificate is all that is necessary to comply with the APA scope language. A new pilot seniority list is not. Instead of using their current pilots that helped bring in the revenue to pay for this new airline, they brought in a bunch of scumbags (that means you) to circumvent the TSA CBA. This isn't about APA scope at all, this is about good old fashioned union busting.

Not true. AA has repeatedly told TSA that 50+ seat aircraft shall not be flown by TSA nor it's pilots, and that doing so would put TSA in violation of their codeshare agreement. APA has not given any commitments to either TSA or Chautauqua about whether or not it would sue if flying is done under under a common CBA. Chautauqua has a stronger position because their pilots have strong scope and effective union leadership.

I would blame APA's very effective scope clause and TSA's ineffective scope.

And I'll compare any GJ pilot to a PFT GIA alumni swinging gear at Pinnacle who decided when he had 250 hours to write a $20,000 check to keep from paying his dues in the industry.

fuelflow said:
Not true. AA has repeatedly told TSA that 50+ seat aircraft shall not be flown by TSA nor it's pilots, and that doing so would put TSA in violation of their codeshare agreement. APA has not given any commitments to either TSA or Chautauqua about whether or not it would sue if flying is done under under a common CBA. Chautauqua has a stronger position because their pilots have strong scope and effective union leadership.

This does not make any sense. CHQ codeshares with American and operates a common CBA, but if TSA did the same thing it would violate the codeshare agreement? I declare shenanigans on this, because I fail to believe their agreements could be that much different. The scope of CHQ and TSA's contract should be irrelevent as to American and the APA giving a darn about who flies what airplanes. If I were the APA, I'd have far bigger concerns than Waterski pilots flying for 70 seaters for Blowjets...like a transparent alter-ego carrier being formed to circumvent their powerful scope, while screwing a fellow pilot group they should have no beef with.

And I'll compare any GJ pilot to a PFT GIA alumni swinging gear at Pinnacle who decided when he had 250 hours to write a $20,000 check to keep from paying his dues in the industry.

PCL has expressed multiple times his regret at making the decision he made, but yet he continues to be bashed on this board, including by you. I for one am glad you hold BLOWJETS pilots in such common high esteem.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back