G0JETS Blows

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
Yes, and the chance to fly an L1011 "intrigued" a lot of guys back in '89 when Lorenzo offered them SCAB jobs. Do you defend those guys also? It's really not much different.

I'm not talking about 1989. I don't know anything about that I was 7 years old then. I'm talking about now.

Let me guess...

PCL_128 said:
There are plenty of airlines hiring that are not created for the sole purpose of circumventing the TSA pilots' CBA. If these guys want to get payed to fly airliners then they can apply to: Comair, ASA, PSA, ExpressJet, Mesaba, Pinnacle, Atlas, Kalitta, UPS, FedEx, Mesa, etc... Need I go on? In order to fly for a living they don't need to stab other pilots in the back. That is choice they are making.

... you were abused during childhood, right? You need to get back on the Ritalin pal.

You voted for Kerry, didn't you?

BTW: Do you want fries wid dat?

BlackPilot628 said:
I'm not talking about 1989. I don't know anything about that I was 7 years old then. I'm talking about now.

Study your history. You just might learn from it. I lived in Atlanta during that strike in '89. I saw the families of good striking pilots destroyed by Lorenzo and his disgusting SCABs. SCABs and pseudo-SCABs like the Freedumb pilots and now the BloJets pilots are the enablers of hostile management. They enable scum like Lorenzo and Orenstein to screw over the good pilots that fight hard to earn a good living and provide for their families in an honest manner. They let Lorenzo take his time transferring assets from EAL over to CAL while the striking pilots struggled to get by. Eastern was gutted for good. If it wasn't for them, Lorenzo likely would have sold Eastern because it was of no use to him if he couldn't slowly transfer assets. The jobs of those EAL pilots might have been saved, at least for a little while longer. More recently, the Freedumb pilots enabled Orenstein to bend the Mesa pilots over because their flying was being transferred to Freedumb. Do you really think that the Mesa pilots would have such a crappy contract now if it wasn't for the Freedumb pilots that willingly screwed them over? I think not.

It's time to wake up and realize that what happens at one airline affects another. When the Freedumb scum forces the Mesa pilots to take a crappy contract then it makes it harder for you to get a decent contract also. It all ties together. This isn't just a few pilots looking for a job so they can feed their families. It comes down to a lot more than that in the end.

aeronautic1 said:
You voted for Kerry, didn't you?

Uhh, no. Try again. I'm a proud "right-wing nut" as some around here might say. Proud 2-time Bush voter (also voted for his brother in Florida actually). Thanks for playing though.

PCL_128 said:
Study your history. You just might learn from it.QUOTE]

I'm concerned about the airlines indusrty today. What happened in 1989 is water over the dam. I did all the studying I need to do in college.

PCL_128 said:
Uhh, no. Try again. I'm a proud "right-wing nut" as some around here might say. Proud 2-time Bush voter (also voted for his brother in Florida actually). Thanks for playing though.

I voted once again for Pat Paulson. I know he's probably dead, but then look at who the choices were.

BlackPilot628 said:
I'm concerned about the airlines indusrty today. What happened in 1989 is water over the dam. I did all the studying I need to do in college.

This is a VERY ignorant, VERY naive belief to have.

You flew at 3C, I was a ramper at LAF back in the good ole days of 2003. Pick up Flying the Line Vol. 2 and Hard Landing (they can be had for a couple bucks each used on Amazon), read them on your airport sits, and get back to us once you have a bit of education. What happened with CAL and Eastern is but one reason we are dealing with the crap we have today. We don't have Lorenzo and B-scales, we have C-scale regional jets and faulty scope. And I might be young, but its easy to see a parallel between Eastern planes and routes being sent to CAL and what is happening with Mesa/Freedom, CHQ/Rep/SA and TSA/BlowJets. Its amazing people blame Mesa pilots for their contract without having any sort of understanding behind the reasoning for such a crappy deal. Its certainly not because they wanted it...

I feel for pilots who are striking in the face of their jobs being slashed and taken away in front of their eyes. I'm sorry people have been furloughed or lost their jobs. But just because you are pissed at your own situation doesn't mean you should screw your brethren. Everybody has to look out for themselves...but sometimes doing that will brand you for life. Everybody knows the rules, and everybody knows it may or may not get you refused a jumpseat, may or may not keep you from getting another job.

Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it...

Last edited:
BlackPilot628 said:
I did all the studying I need to do in college.

An admitted refusal to learn. Great. Good for you.

No matter how vigorously you defend a Ho-Jet pilot, you will never earn them any sort of respect. They may very well go on to a prosporous future in the airline industry. But... they will know until the day they die that they are nothing more than a low-life piece of scum. Live with it.

BlackPilot628 said:
PCL_128 said:
Study your history. You just might learn from it.QUOTE]

I forget who exactly said it but: "Those who refuse to learn from history's mistakes are doomed to repeat them."

It is not water over the dam if there is another dam in front of you waiting for you to go over. Airline owners study history over and over. You should too.

100-1/2 said:
Has anyone considerred alternatives to disrupting the ego's operations? -Long, slow roll-outs in front of these guys on Final forcing a GA
-Rediculous slow taxi in front of these guys
-develop a problem in fron of their gate delaying Push or Shut down.
-or delay in front of their gates to block push back or

I really don't like to make the pax miss connections. But don't worry, the Ho Jet pilots are flying ORD and DEN and only getting block. As for their pax, they'll be treated shabbily enough riding on a HK operation.

Latest resources

Back