• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
100-1/2 said:
-Long, slow roll-outs in front of these guys on Final forcing a GA
-Rediculous slow taxi in front of these guys
-develop a problem in fron of their gate delaying Push or Shut down.
-or delay in front of their gates to block push back or

Been there, seen that. Irritating when you're the only GJ a/c at the airport, but once they're up and running with 20+ jets, you just can't stop them. Oh, and you WILL be calling the tower phone # -- controllers aren't stupid, and they could care less about your contract problems -- they have traffic to move SAFELY. If you say something stupid on a recorded line, you're toast. So be careful, ladies.

Meanwhile, GJ will just get priority handling from controllers driving the point home to everyone else. And YOUR chief pilot will be calling you gents in for the 'ole carpet dance (probably won't be permanently fired, but don't you have better things to do with your time?)

If you really had 1.) a legitimate beef with your contract and 2.) some cojones you'd strike over this. Company would knuckle under in .0005 sec. But that would require a little risk on your part. Cluck-cluck-cluck.

http://www.whydidthechickencrosstheroad.com/sounds/clucks/cluck2.wav

Last edited:
PCL_128 said:
I know lots of guys that carry the Freedumb list.

And yet strangely, I never get bumped. I guess it's a regional airline thing. Maybe because they realize . . . this guy will just bump the next pilot from MY airline next time he gets a chance, and he'll mention MY name when he does it?

(BTW, I just can't believe you check Freedom, GJs, Eastern, CAL, and all the rest for every jumpseater on quick turns (but methinks you'll be checking F8 for awhile -- he he) ---- SHENNANIGANS!)

Last edited:
PCL_128 said:
Indeed I do. I also carry the Freedumb list and now the BloJets list. I'm not the only one either. I know lots of guys that carry the Freedumb list.

Somebody should build a small handheld computer/PDA that all lists can be consolidated. I am sure guys like PCL128 would buy it so they could keep all these lists straight, tidy and well organized. Maybe his flights could get out on time because his list checking time would be cut down considerably. Good new business opportunity for somebody! LOL!

FreedomAList said:
(BTW, I just can't believe you check Freedom, GJs, Eastern, CAL, and all the rest for every jumpseater on quick turns (but methinks you'll be checking F8 for awhile -- he he) ---- SHENNANIGANS!)

Check my profile, I'm an FO for a couple more months. I'm not chucking anybody. The jumpseat belongs to the Captain and he can put whoever he wants on it. That's really none of my business until I've upgraded. However, you can bet I'll be checking once I move to the left seat. There's plenty of time even on the quick turns.

PCL_128 said:
. However, you can bet I'll be checking once I move to the left seat. There's plenty of time even on the quick turns.

You do that as a new Capt if you want. You just better hope that your don't have to commute to work on a GJets or Mesa Airplane. Considering Mesa flys for every major carrier in the lower 48's, I wouldn't be pissing them off. Next time a PCL guy goes to jumpseat from DEN to MEM (on Mesa) the Mesa Capt will simply turn around and say, " I'm denying you the jumpseat becase of Capt John Doe at your company". Then that's your ass.

People don't like scabs because they cause harm to the profession. The same could be said for PFTers. So why doesn't someone start a list for them. Start with all the GIA alum.

Anybody out there on a hiring board? Do you guys ever turn away someone because they are a PFTer?

BlackPilot628 said:
You do that as a new Capt if you want. You just better hope that your don't have to commute to work on a GJets or Mesa Airplane. Considering Mesa flys for every major carrier in the lower 48's, I wouldn't be pissing them off. Next time a PCL guy goes to jumpseat from DEN to MEM (on Mesa) the Mesa Capt will simply turn around and say, " I'm denying you the jumpseat becase of Capt John Doe at your company". Then that's your ass.

No, I commute on Delta, ASA, and NWA mainline. That being said, I doubt anyone would really care if they got bumped because I refused to allow a Freedumb scumbag on the jumpseat. I can guarantee you that I wouldn't even get a call from the jumpseat committee about something like that. It most certainly wont be "my ass."

flyinglow said:
Anybody out there on a hiring board? Do you guys ever turn away someone because they are a PFTer?

Former GIA pilots work at every major airline in the country. It's never been a problem. Most pilots are smart enough to realize that there's a big difference between going to GIA when you were new and had 250 hrs TT and going to an alter-ego carrier when you're a furloughed ALPA pilot and should know better. It's not like ALPA's been quiet about this whole BloJets situation. Everyone has the info to make a choice, and if they make the wrong choice, they should be ready to live with it.

vclean said:
It's super you carry these lists, since you're not in the position to grant or deny a jumpseat.

Apparently it's ok for you to PFT, but those who take the first job offered when they're out of work and their unemployment is barely paying the bills, are scum.

People in glass houses....

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. There are numerous airlines hiring. All of which have contracts in place and airplanes flying already, and better job security. If you are hurting for money because you are laid off, why choose the carrier that's having certification problems, has no union, has no contract, has a ton of contraversy surrounding it, etc., etc?? I'm curious to see if someone has a logical answer.

Curious...

I have been involved in the Aviation industry for many years. Been through more than one roller coaster cycle and seen more than my fair share of strikes. I fly with several different crews every month with a mainline carrier, and many of them have also been through what I have been through. The subject of *************************s has rarely come up, and when it has, I haven't heard much negative. Most pilots actually talk about it as a good opportunity. I don't know too much about the operation, but I do know that those I have spoken to at my carrier who do know about it, don't care. *************************s is not the reason we are having trouble. Anywhere our furloughed guys can get a decent job back in the saddle, I say go for it. From what I have heard, this really sounds like local friction. I don't spend much time on these boards, and I don't know many of my colleagues that do, but there seems to be more incorrect statements made about the industry than what is reality. From my own experiences, I would never deny anyone the jumpseat or treat them badly for doing their job. Just my opinion, and I think have seen enough to give one.

Latest resources

Back