G0JETS Blows

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Z28_Pilot said:
I was just about to ask the question....."I thought a scab was someone who crosses the picket line?"......I get confused everytime someone says "scab" and noone is on strike:rolleyes:

The alter ego undercuts the negotiating power of the TSA pilots WORSE than a few scabs could, so the label is actually rather kind.

Some of the Hulas lackeys and sympathizers have claimed that the Ho Jet pilots and Teamsters are going to negotiate a wonderful contract. (From Hulas?! I have a better chance of finding the winning PowerBall ticket laying on the floor of the STL B concourse today.)

HOWEVER, the published deal that the Ho Jet pilots took was a pitifully weak offer with worse flight rules than the TSA flight attendants currently have. They deserve every bit of scorn heaped upon them.

Black Water Dog said:
HOWEVER, the published deal that the Ho Jet pilots took was a pitifully weak offer with worse flight rules than the TSA flight attendants currently have.

What are you talking about? What is the point of makeing stuff up? If it is not made up show me that what u are saying is true. I just don't buy it.

I know pilots live on rumors and falsehoods!

If not the word scab, how about "union circumventor"? Does that work for you Francis? Who cares about semantics - people get my point...

These GO---Jet guys have ruined their careers and are a direct cause of deteriorating compensation in the industry. Hope they like the CR7 - it will be the last airplane they fly in the airline biz...

Hope they like the CR7 - it will be the last airplane they fly in the airline biz...
doubtfull, ALPA is very forgiving, look at all the CAL scabs that they not only forgave but actually allowed them to hold union leadership roles.

Heavy Set said:
If not the word scab, how about "union circumventor"? Does that work for you Francis? Who cares about semantics - people get my point...

These GO---Jet guys have ruined their careers and are a direct cause of deteriorating compensation in the industry. Hope they like the CR7 - it will be the last airplane they fly in the airline biz...

Why is it the last airplane they will fly? I see no evidence anywhere that you know what you are talking about. Just read these boards. Everyone hates everyone else. Management hires the employees not a bunch bitter pilots who go on these boards to trash one airline or another. I realize you are simply trying to do your part in making it harder for Go--Jet to hire pilots but you really are stretching the truth with this comment.

theo said:
Management hires the employees not a bunch bitter pilots who go on these boards to trash one airline or another.

All of the majors use pilots also to do the hiring. HR and management doesn't do the hiring by themselves at any airline that I'm aware of. There's a reason that SCABs (with the exception of the CAL SCABs that didn't have to search for work after the strike) are working at crappy little companies in Africa and Asia. If you've got a copy of the SCAB list, take a look at all the comments. Very few of them have made it to major airlines. Most of them work at bottom-feeders or have left aviation completely. The Freedumb and BloJets pilots will be no different.

PCL_128 said:
All of the majors use pilots also to do the hiring. HR and management doesn't do the hiring by themselves at any airline that I'm aware of. There's a reason that SCABs (with the exception of the CAL SCABs that didn't have to search for work after the strike) are working at crappy little companies in Africa and Asia. If you've got a copy of the SCAB list, take a look at all the comments. Very few of them have made it to major airlines. Most of them work at bottom-feeders or have left aviation completely. The Freedumb and BloJets pilots will be no different.

Wow…I guess you are right. I should listen to your since you are a very very well seasoned and weathered airline pilot, with your 2000 hours of flight time and your COMM CFII surly you know hands down how this industry works. We a should listen to you buddy, because you obviously sit at the right hand of GOD Himself.

This is the unfortunate truth of the world of flying….

Why would this ruin careers? It did NOT for CAL, Eastern, Freedom, or the many, many other carriers out there, that WERE ACTUALLY SCABS? We don't even know what a SCAB is today!

THIS IS NOT EVEN SCABed WORK. ALL PILOTS ARE WHORES. Plus...If they don't do it someone will!!!! Most the people talking bad about these pilots are most likely JELOUS. Upset that someone else is successful.

DAL, CAL ,UAL, AA, NWA, all have sold out to management.... They all could have stood up together and raised their middle finger to management and said increase the ticket price and move foward (cargo carries had no problem)!

But NO, we have pissed away all we have worked for....Like I said..... All pilots are WHORES!!! and WE THINK EVERYTHING IS OWED TO US and EVERYTHING IS OURS!!!

PCL_128 said:
The Freedumb and BloJets pilots will be no different.

Wow. You really sound like you know what you're talking about.

(Sadly, you're wrong -- numerous guys at JetBlue, 2 that I know at Southwest -- maybe because WE DIDN'T SCAB? -- no strike?)

I jumpseat a minimum of twice a week. I've been bumped ONCE in the past 2 years. I had to go into therapy because they made me cry . . . :(

Latest resources

Back