G0JETS Blows

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BoilerUP said:
PCL has expressed multiple times his regret at making the decision he made, but yet he continues to be bashed on this board, including by you.

The problem with PCL128 is his lame "I was young and inexperienced @250 hours" argument. Now that he's a wise old 2900 hour FO, we should forgive him and take his opinions as the way it REALLY should be...What's he going to regret next year?

I admire his conviction, but there are many more experienced poeple here whose opinion he bashes. It comes across as a little arrogant.

Kingairrick said:
It comes across as a little arrogant.

Just a little? Dang, I guess I need to kick it up a notch. ;)

I went to GIA 5 years ago. Do you mean to tell me that you haven't done anything and then realized a few years later that it was a mistake? If so, then I'll happily admit that you're a better man than I.

So, 5 years from now all these GJet guys have to do is admit it was a mistake and they are off the hook also. Your logic, not mine.

Kingairrick said:
So, 5 years from now all these GJet guys have to do is admit it was a mistake and they are off the hook also. Your logic, not mine.

You're still not paying attention. As I've said many times, there is a big difference between a 250 hr newbie and a furloughed ALPA member. BloJets isn't hiring low-time pilots that don't know any better. These guys know how their actions are affecting the TSA pilots and they just don't care. People should be forgiven for honest mistakes. They shouldn't be let off the hook for intentionally screwing over their fellow pilots.

Stupid or not, PFTs like yourself lack credibility. It's ok to happily pay for a job and screw a fellow pilot who paid his/her dues, but you dam-n to hell anyone who even thinks of accepting a job not blessed by the almighty ALPA.

I am paying attention. We are ALL still learning. GJets is hiring relatively inexperienced people. Your experience level. I made many mistakes that I regret well after 3000 hours. My point is that there will always be a higher level that you will hopefully achieve. From that level, there will usually be something that you regret. Some will be large errors, like PFT, most hpoefully, will be inconsequential.
When you signed up for Gulfstream, you did so because you believed it to be the best course you could take to achieve your goals. It turned out to be a poor one, but you are doing OK. You might want to give the guys who are going to Gjets the same consideration you are asking for. I doubt that they are deliberately trying to "screw their pilot brothers" or whatever you said. They are probably making the choice because they believe that it is the best choice to achieve their goals. Remember that their goals may be similar to yours, and Home Depot doesn't meet currency requirements, unless you are in the FTY division.
As I said I admire your conviction. I don't agree with the way this carrier is being set up either. My friends at TSA didn't choose to go there. But personal attacks on the pilots are probably in most cases not deserved.
As you pointed out to Blackpilot, we are all still learning. What we learn tomorrow may make what we believe today seem foolish.
My .02

Kingairrick said:
I am paying attention. We are ALL still learning. GJets is hiring relatively inexperienced people. Your experience level. I made many mistakes that I regret well after 3000 hours. My point is that there will always be a higher level that you will hopefully achieve. From that level, there will usually be something that you regret. Some will be large errors, like PFT, most hpoefully, will be inconsequential.
When you signed up for Gulfstream, you did so because you believed it to be the best course you could take to achieve your goals. It turned out to be a poor one, but you are doing OK. You might want to give the guys who are going to Gjets the same consideration you are asking for. I doubt that they are deliberately trying to "screw their pilot brothers" or whatever you said. They are probably making the choice because they believe that it is the best choice to achieve their goals. Remember that their goals may be similar to yours, and Home Depot doesn't meet currency requirements, unless you are in the FTY division.
As I said I admire your conviction. I don't agree with the way this carrier is being set up either. My friends at TSA didn't choose to go there. But personal attacks on the pilots are probably in most cases not deserved.
As you pointed out to Blackpilot, we are all still learning. What we learn tomorrow may make what we believe today seem foolish.
My .02

Well Said!

I know for a fact that I'm still learning and sometimes I type before I think when it comes to this board. I hope that over the next 35 years I can learn from the pilots mistakes that are older than and more experienced than I am. I'm not saying that Gjets is the best choice and that TSA pilots aren't getting one up the rear, I'm just not going to launch attacks at the Gjets pilots. Humans are allowed to make mistakes; if this is a mistake, they'll pay for that mistake and hopefully learn from it. It is not foolish to make a mistake, it's foolish not to learn from and correct the mistake that you made.

Kingairrick, the difference here is that this is not a mistake. Doing something when you don't know any better is a mistake. Doing something when you know it is wrong is just unethical and immoral. The difference is this: If I had someone tell me back in '99-'00 when I was looking for a flight school that GIA and PFT were damaging the profession, then I would not have gone. Someone is telling these pilots that what they are doing is screwing over the TSA pilots, and yet they don't care. Just look at the posts from Fuelflow and FreedomAList. They will defend to their last day what they did. I've heard the same story time and time again from the SCABs I worked with at GIA. "I had a family to feed. I wasn't about to go work outside of aviation just to help those guys with the contract." 15 years later there is no remorse with these guys. They didn't do what they did because they didn't know any better. They did what they did because they have no morals. They are only looking out for number one, screw everyone else. The BloJets pilots are of the same ilk.

Last edited:
In a few years it won't matter, cabotage will be here. You'll be competing for flying with foreign, government sponsored airlines that will make J. Ornstein look like Santa Claus.

Latest resources

Back