G0JETS Blows

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your being way to hard on Go Jets

I think GO Jets is a great opportunity. I only wish I was in class right now. Believe me, I'm sending updated resumes all of the time.

Ahh, but in their minds, it isn't wrong. Just because it's wrong to you doesn't make it wrong to them. Therefore, it still qualifies as a mistake. When you went to GIA, there was plenty of info out there that it was a scumbag operation. I have friends who went there, and don't regret it at all. So was it a mistake?
You justified your decision with your own logic at the time. Don't try to sell it that you didn't know it was a short cut.
Once again, be angry at the company, not the pilots.

Kingairrick said:
When you went to GIA, there was plenty of info out there that it was a scumbag operation. I have friends who went there, and don't regret it at all. So was it a mistake?

PCL has already said he regrets his decision, many many times. Just because he apologized doesn't make it right, but he takes responsibility for his decision and is working to prevent others from making the same decision.

Lets assume you are a 22 year old college graduate with a desire to be an airline pilot. Where do you look for information on flight schools? Other than your local airport, Flying Magazine, Flight Training, Private Pilot, AOPA Pilot (maybe). Have you EVER seen anything in those magazines about PFT? I recall one article in AOPA pilot about it a few years ago, but that was related to buying type ratings for corporate jobs. You do, however, see lots of shiny ads with some tool beside a Cessna 150 at zero hours, a 1900 at 250 hours, and a CRJ at 400 hours. If nobody told you any different, you'd say SWEET, that sounds like a good deal!

If nobody has ever told you it was a scumbag operation, how will you know? Even 5 years ago there wasn't much information on the internet about it, and unless you come from a union or business background, how do you know what a SCAB is and why they are bad? One of the greatest things these days is the CAPT is Crap website, to educate people about the ridiculous ERAU ab-initio program.

Kingairrick said:
When you went to GIA, there was plenty of info out there that it was a scumbag operation.

Really? Where was this info? I wish I'd have known about it. The info I had came from the sources BoilerUP just mentioned: Flying mag, Plane and Pilot, Air Inc., and the brochures that the individual schools sent out. Most people don't have a clue about flightinfo.com until they're already in the business. Was flightinfo even around back in '99-'00?

You justified your decision with your own logic at the time. Don't try to sell it that you didn't know it was a short cut.

Honestly, I didn't have to justify anything in my mind at the time because I didn't view it as a shortcut. I got a bunch of different brochures from Comair Academy, GIA, ATA, among others. All of them advertised some sort of "First Officer Direct Program" or something of that sort. I picked GIA because it was the least expensive of them. GIA only cost me about $32k for everything including the 1900 training. Comair was going to charge me more than that just for my ratings. Without knowing what PFT was or how it was viewed in the industry, I just went with the most cost-effective school. You can believe whatever you want, but I certainly didn't think that I was "taking a shortcut" or "cutting in line" like Bobbysamd always used to say. To me, it just seemed like any other flight school. That's the case with most people that went to GIA.

FreedomAList said:
Well, there is rumor (re: flightinfo), and there is fact (unknown to me, and probably you).

True, you and I don't have the whole story. Yet with 18 days until August 1st there are many readily observable facts:

- Press releases (still available online) stated Ho Jet would be flying revenue by August, with 10 jets flying by the end of the year.

- Recent news reports in the St. Louis paper that DOT is rejecting TSA Holdings appeals to keep financial statements secret. No DOT approval, ergo no operating certificate.

- No sightings of a proving runs. Not even a photo of a CRJ70 in the STL hanger.

- Cancellation of the second pilot training class, no one at TSA reporting a second pilot training class.

UAL's reaction is speculation at this point, but safe to say they are not thrilled.

fuelflow said:
************************* was not created to circumvent the TSA CBA. It was created to comply with APA's scope provisions.

Yes, and the possibility of hosing a particular employee group was just a sweet bonus for HK - if he can win at arbitration. What a choice - increase your margin a couple of tenths, or display integrity towards an employee group (like at CHQ). A slimy operator to be sure. And they wonder why they are hemorrhaging FOs to other regionals!

PCL_128 said:
You're still not paying attention. As I've said many times, there is a big difference between a 250 hr newbie and a furloughed ALPA member. BloJets isn't hiring low-time pilots that don't know any better. These guys know how their actions are affecting the TSA pilots and they just don't care. People should be forgiven for honest mistakes. They shouldn't be let off the hook for intentionally screwing over their fellow pilots.

Whhaaaaaaa!!!! It was DIFFERENT in my case!!!

I'm SPECIAL!!

I should be forgiven, and they shouldn't be!!

Spoken like a true liberal. You need to be out touting reparations and affirmative action. And gender-preference hiring.

Your defensive and self-centered arguments have a snivelling character that I seldom see in professional pilots. Oh, I get it!!

Trust me when I say that I respect Snakum a million times more than you.

You're a fraud and a PFT whore who wants his own transgressions forgiven, meanwhile you are probably whacking off over the thought of denying the JS to a go-jetter.

You're an excuse-making wanna-be who wants to try to fit in with the big dogs who earned their way to our positions.

You'll never be one of us. It is too late.

You remind me of those police-school dropouts who end up turning into hard-a$$ security guards at shopping centers.

You rage that you never got to fight like a real union pilot, so now you want to sweep your sins under the rug and try to cozy up to reawl dues-paying professionals by acting tough.

You're a spineless little weasel.

As the Good Book says, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Guess what, punky? You sinned, so you are ethically EXCLUDED from stone throwing.

I hope ************************* is a raging success, if only to pi$$ you off.

And make no mistake, your little JS denials will have NO effect.

Updated:

The best part, which I only just realized:

As evidenced by your post, you are STILL having to explain your past. Just like scabs!! I LOVE it!!!
You'll always be on the "s-list" of us real pilots, boy.

Last edited:
100LL... Again! said:
Trust me when I say that I respect Snakum a million times more than you.

And trust me when I say that I really don't care one bit whether you respect me or not.

Originally Posted by PCL_128
Indeed I do. I also carry the Freedumb list and now the BloJets list. I'm not the only one either. I know lots of guys that carry the Freedumb list.

flyinglow said:
I am not defending scabs, I just don't see how a guy who PFT's his way into the right seat of a PNCL CRJ can be so critical.

You're not the only one.

T-Hawk

FYI: hyp·o·crite [ híppə krìt ] (plural hyp·o·crites)
noun somebody feigning high principles: somebody who pretends to have admirable principles, beliefs, or feelings but behaves otherwise

Black Water Dog said:
True, you and I don't have the whole story. Yet with 18 days until August 1st there are many readily observable facts:

[FreedomAList conceedes all of the facts raised by Black Water Dog]

UAL's reaction is speculation at this point, but safe to say they are not thrilled.

Duly noted, where there's smoke there's fire. GJ's is probably having some problems -- but nothing bureaucratic talent can't fix. Ultimately, the DOT and the FAA are there to get new airlines running, not to stop them. And once this thing DOES get approval, they'll bring em on fast.

Where there's a will, there's a way. When and if this thing stops making $$$ sense, it will either a.) fold before it starts or b.) re-merge with TSA if it gets up and running. Pilot gripping, no-jump lists, lav-blocking calls and forced go-arounds won't change a thing.

Latest resources

Back