Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

future of airlink and DConnection carriers....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How did the top third of every regional seniority list influence the current situation....I'm all ears....

It would be a fair summary to say that the 10+ year guys on the seniority list broke out the sheets, shams, and pillows for the bed that we are all positioned prone in now.

Didn't like how the industry was turning out? Change it. Get the votes, build the coalition, accumulate the political will to get it done. I know I'm vastly over-simplifying the process, but so are you by asking me what I'm doing to 'influence' things.

It would be a fair summary to say that the 10+ year guys on the seniority list broke out the sheets, shams, and pillows for the bed that we are all positioned prone in now.

Didn't like how the industry was turning out? Change it. Get the votes, build the coalition, accumulate the political will to get it done. I know I'm vastly over-simplifying the process, but so are you by asking me what I'm doing to 'influence' things.

...I still don't see how we influenced the current situation....We are adapting to it...but we didn't create it...Your going to have to be more specific.....I didn't make this bed....but I am going to lay down in it....and now it is my bed....

...I still don't see how we influenced the current situation....We are adapting to it...but we didn't create it...Your going to have to be more specific.....I didn't make this bed....but I am going to lay down in it....and now it is my bed....

More specifically, we just jumped on the roller coaster and will be hanging on for dear life!

Kooooombye-ya and all, but I just don't see the Majors sticking to the idea of 'reclaiming' the regional flying. If CAL, AA, et al, go for taking all the 51+ plus seating in house, DAL, or other, will then soon have a competitive advantage by having cheaper regional feed. I think that market forces will be much stronger than any collective labor efforts. (For the record, I think it woud be far better for the pilot career/profession to have all flying done from one pilot group. It ain't gonna happen.)

If, however, the labor groups from the 'parent' airlines attempt to take regional flying in-house by force, I see very bad things happening.

Not necessarily. CAL/AA and anyone else can do their own 51+ seat flying simply by doing it for market based rates, like any other airframe. That might include on par pay, workrules, retirement contributions, etc. so that the cost is the same as the outsource lift providers. That would make the final cost much cheaper to the mainline because the guaranteed profits would be saved instead of funding Jerry's war-chest (which WILL be used against legacies one day) as well as resetting the longevity of employees on the entry level aircraft.

Not necessarily. CAL/AA and anyone else can do their own 51+ seat flying simply by doing it for market based rates, like any other airframe. That might include on par pay, workrules, retirement contributions, etc. so that the cost is the same as the outsource lift providers. That would make the final cost much cheaper to the mainline because the guaranteed profits would be saved instead of funding Jerry's war-chest (which WILL be used against legacies one day) as well as resetting the longevity of employees on the entry level aircraft.

The mainlines have already undercut the industry leading regional rates to "recapture" the flying.....If we did the same we would be accused of "stealing" flying....There is a double standard.....

I find part of your statement interesting....You imply that the money coming to Skywest will "be used against legacies one day"....can you expound on that?

More specifically, we just jumped on the roller coaster and will be hanging on for dear life!

....now why did you have to add another analogy....it is confusing enough with the bed analogy....now we have to start a new amusement park ride analogy.....Rez will never be able to keep up now....:laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back