Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

future of airlink and DConnection carriers....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you sure about that? If he paints them up as "Republic Airlines" and sells his own seats, what's stopping him from starting a code share with UA? I don't think the UA pilots got a say in whether or not UA code shares with US, LH, or anyone else not painted in UAX colors.

I think they do. Its not uncommon for most mainline contracts to give oversight authority to their pilot groups regarding all outsource arrangements outside permitted types. For example, Delta allows (for now) 76 seat installed jets to be outsourced. If management wants to take all of those airframes at one regional away and give t hem to a new regional that doesn't fly for them yet, the Delta pilots have no say in that (for now, as long as they choose to outsource that flying as a permitted type). But when management wanted to code share with CAL and NWA, the Delta pilots had to give permission. That's typical of most code share arrangements, because the planes doing the code share are non permitted types and therefore require individual, specific exemptions as to how that code will be shared. So to say Bedford can just start em up with bigger planes and get a rubber-stamped code share is inaccurate. The deal will need to be approved by the DL and UA pilots, and I predict it won't be. It will clearly be seen as what it is and not allowed.

...when management wanted to code share with CAL and NWA, the Delta pilots had to give permission. That's typical of most code share arrangements, because the planes doing the code share are non permitted types and therefore require individual, specific exemptions as to how that code will be shared.

Thanks, I did not know that. It seems most majors have 20+ code share partners these days, so I assumed it was automatic and out of the union's purview.

Latest resources

Back