Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

future of airlink and DConnection carriers....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh I get it! Capture the flying now and get the pay rates up later right? Looks like you guys fell for this one hook line and sinker. How embarrassing for you. Everyone has given Skywest so much crap for flying 70's for 50 seat pay. You guys have gotten a free pass from people because you are ALPA. Enjoy those 900's ya whores.
Genius,

back in reality, when an airline like PCL aquires a new type of airplane that they do not have rates for, there are sections of the contract that describe step by step how those rates will be established. In the PCL contract it states that both parties will attempt to negotiate a rate, and if unable, will take the issue to arbitration. The process is currently in arbitration awaiting an outcome. PCL pilots have no say in when that is. If PCL pilots were really the "whores" you call them, they would have agreed to crappy rates back when the opportunity was there to negotiate. Instead, management went out and got these aircraft with no input what-so-ever from PCL pilots and put them on property...nobody fell for anything "hook line and sinker"

You should probably do a little more research before you post crap like this

...the fact is most ALPA regionals would be better off with Skywest pay and workrules...That is a fact....
I don't think so...I'd rather work for a company where I can't be fired for no reason without recourse, or where I can be violated at whim with no ASAP protections, or where if I lose my medical for some reason there are doctors who work to get it back for me, etc.

Why do you think Skywest has the pay and workrules they do? Could it be because they want to keep ALPA off property?

I don't think so...I'd rather work for a company where I can't be fired for no reason without recourse, or where I can be violated at whim with no ASAP protections, or where if I lose my medical for some reason there are doctors who work to get it back for me, etc.

Why do you think Skywest has the pay and workrules they do? Could it be because they want to keep ALPA off property?

So you would rather work for Mesa and Pinnacle? Why would Skywest fire someone "for no reason" as you say? That doesn't make any sense?

I'll ask you the same question I asked PCL_128....Would you rather work for Skywest or Mesa? PCL said he would rather work for Mesa which brings his judgement into question....How about you?

Joe,

I knew you were going to ask that question as soon as I read Saturn's post.

Obviously working at SKW would be better than Mesa. However, I understand what PCL and Saturn are saying when this comes up.

The leadership at SKW is good, heck, we're seeing that now with Brad here, and Mesa's is well...Mesa Sucks right?

Would you rather work at SKW or ASA? How about, would you rather work at ASA with or without a union?

Let's say all your gripes with ALPA are valid for the fun of it. I would much rather pay my 2% every month for nothing more than the legal and medical representation alone. I hope to never need it, but it's a nice insurance policy to have.

So you would rather work for Mesa and Pinnacle? Why would Skywest fire someone "for no reason" as you say? That doesn't make any sense?
Skywest could have a reason for firing an employee, but if that reason were not sound and justified, then the employee has no recourse. For example, the new asst chief at PCL just suspended a pilot for 30 days when the he had his first ever MINOR event because the asst chief (grossly unqualified) was upset about what ANOTHER employee said about him. Luckily that pilot will have that overturned through grievance.
I'll ask you the same question I asked PCL_128....Would you rather work for Skywest or Mesa? PCL said he would rather work for Mesa which brings his judgement into question....How about you?
Mesa and PCL suck mainly because their managements are not fit to run even a McDonalds. Yes Skywest is a good company to work for, but that is not because they are non-union, it is because their management runs the company that way. Just like Expressjet is a good company to work for because their management isn't stuck back in the 1960's with PCL and Mesa management. There is still something to be said for having the protections of ASAP, the RLA, aeromedical, etc. To answer your question, I would rather not work at Skywest, Mesa, or PCL

look we all know Pinnacle is not where it needs to be, but we are really trying to raise the bar, trust me. We are unified, and we know that all other airlines are looking at what we do with this contract stuff. Remember that the next time you bash us for stuff we can't control

Why in the world are you Pinnacle turds flying those 900's then? I know it's big and pretty and something new but damn! And I thought Mesa was bad...:angryfire

Where is it... where is it.... A-ha! Pop Secret Homestyle Butter. That's the one.

Give me about two minutes.............

OK, please continue, gentlemen. :laugh:

Where is it... where is it.... A-ha! Pop Secret Homestyle Butter. That's the one.

Give me about two minutes.............

OK, please continue, gentlemen. :laugh:

....want some salt on it? Here ya go....:laugh:

Joe,

I knew you were going to ask that question as soon as I read Saturn's post.

Obviously working at SKW would be better than Mesa. However, I understand what PCL and Saturn are saying when this comes up.

The leadership at SKW is good, heck, we're seeing that now with Brad here, and Mesa's is well...Mesa Sucks right?

Would you rather work at SKW or ASA? How about, would you rather work at ASA with or without a union?

Let's say all your gripes with ALPA are valid for the fun of it. I would much rather pay my 2% every month for nothing more than the legal and medical representation alone. I hope to never need it, but it's a nice insurance policy to have.

Stifler,
I ask the question because I think working for a good company trumps ALPA representation…..The ALPA chest-thumpers seem to value ALPA over good management….I value good management over ALPA….Yes in a perfect world you have both….but this isn’t a perfect world…..

PCL_128 is an ALPA cheerleader and he says he would rather work for Mesa than for Skywest…..That hurts the cause of ALPA as any intelligent person would rather work for Skywest than for Mesa…..

Your right that we are now seeing the benefits of Skywest here at ASA….This is one of the reasons I formed the ASACoalition and pushed ALPA to settle the contract…..The positive benefits of Skywest weren’t going to come about until the contract was settled….Some of the “hardliners” were holding out for much more and that simply wasn’t going to happen in this environment, and holding out for the “holy grail” of contracts was unreasonable and harmful…..

As to your question…..I would rather work at ASA…but that is because of the seniority system…..not because of ALPA….If I was going to start at the bottom of either…I would probably choose Skywest…..Skywest Inc. is in the drivers seat….not ALPA….We need to understand that….

ALPA could be a lot more than it is….and it could be stronger than it is…..If you get Danny or Newie aside they will tell you that ALPA has screwed up on the scope issue……Both were closet supporters of RJDC….What does that tell you? Why are we having to sue our own union over DFR issues?

The legal and aero medical parts of ALPA are good…..but they aren’t worth the 2% we pay….Most of what we pay goes for collective bargaining and we don’t get our money’s worth there…..ALPA needs a better argument than “the legal and aero medical are good”….Why isn’t the collective bargaining up to par?
I am looking for more than an “insurance policy”….I am looking for COLLECTIVE bargaining….there isn’t anything “collective” about ALPA in it’s current form….

Latest resources

Back