Frontier Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
animaltale
i'm looking for a friend of mine which i lost his number if u could let him know to contact me i sure appreciate.
his name is stephan williamson and he lives in LA
my email is [email protected]
Thanks a lot
matt

Animaltale,
Lots of sunshine from a former disgruntled 727 Driver, are you working on a job in management or do you have one already?

Daddy said:
I got called for an interview around this time last year and I don't know anyone there...just submitted my airapps package online and got called and scheduled. Of course the interviewed was cancelled a week or two later due to the new contract that came online reducing the need for more pilots so I never got on, but it seems like a great place to be if you want to live in the Denver area.

They say that they are going to call everyone that was called for an interview last year. If you are still interested, I would recommend calling Gary H. in HR and reminding him of your previous invite. It is a great place to work and well worth the wait.

RJET said:
Is F9 commuter friendly?

There is not a "commuter policy" in place yet, but we are currently in contract negotiations and hope to have a good policy in place soon, CASS too. I find the schedules and the flexibility in schedule changes to be very commuter friendly. Have not had any trouble with making a trip due to commute issues since I've been here. In fact I normally am home on the first and last day of every sequence and I live a long way away.

I would have to disagree, F9 has a horrible reserve system, they should have left alone the old A/B system and made it better, insted they made 5 reserve periods, and you have to bid for one of them, the problem is that the old system at least gave you a set of 4 days off, with the new system, that protection was negotiated away, now there are only 50% of the lines with that, so the most days off in a row that you will get are either 3 or 4 if you get one of those lines, and the days off while on reserve is either 11 or 12 depending if the month has 30 or 31 days.

Also, as stated before, there is no commuter policy, so if you can't make it in, you have to burn a sick day like everyone else, and the problem with F9 is that DEN is the only crew base, and there are no Alt. airports to fly into if you can't get into DEN, the only remote possible airport with limited airline service is COS, but they only have limited flights and they are an hour away

All I can say is that F9 is not that great when you consider that they have made very modest growth in recent times when you consider that JetBlue,SouthWest,Airtran, have all been expanding rapidly, while F9 has sat on the sidelines, just plan on siting reserve for a long while, and not upgrading any time soon.

batsky2000,

Lots of poorly presented info in your post. Sounds like you know a lot about F9 Reserve and have a poor view of the company. Are you one of our recently departed (not by choice)?

Frontier had more than 40% growth in FY05 and completed a fleet transition to an all Airbus fleet. Sure there was a lull after all that and now we are begining another period of growth (100+ pilots). Granted we didn't expand as fast as the 3 airlines you mentioned above but they didn't directly compete with a bankrupt carrier on every flight either. Furthermore, with the exception of WN, I think the other 2 would have prefered not to add that much capacity given the current industry conditions. Put things in perspective and I think you will find F9 did better than most airlines in many respects.

USMC319 said:
batsky2000,

Lots of poorly presented info in your post. Sounds like you know a lot about F9 Reserve and have a poor view of the company. Are you one of our recently departed (not by choice)?

Frontier had more than 40% growth in FY05 and completed a fleet transition to an all Airbus fleet. Sure there was a lull after all that and now we are begining another period of growth (100+ pilots). Granted we didn't expand as fast as the 3 airlines you mentioned above but they didn't directly compete with a bankrupt carrier on every flight either. Furthermore, with the exception of WN, I think the other 2 would have prefered not to add that much capacity given the current industry conditions. Put things in perspective and I think you will find F9 did better than most airlines in many respects.

What are you talking about?

I left by choice, did not want to deal with the crappy reserve schedule since I commuted from PA, and the lack of growth, there is no set plan for growth there either, and they are not making any money and have very little to spend, plus the weak union that you think will make changes, are you kidding? most of the leaders are non-commuters, and have shown a lack of urgency to implement a commuter policy, I have gone to the mettings in the past and have been told many times that F9 is a den based airline, and you should have known that before you got here, so what, every one else has a friendly commuter policy in place, the union guys just don't care, and I am not the only one who has left by choice, and I am not the only one who looks at F9 this way, many do, but I am glad that you are fat dumb and happy, well there are plenty who are not

Latest resources

Back