• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jetsi

Zoo Crew
Hey all,

Was in the CP's office yesterday, and heard that the Sept. 12 class is filled with poolies. Don't know how many more classes will be filled with poolies, but they are going to start pulling resumes off of airlineapps.com this month and start interviewing in early October.

Good luck to all who are interested, it is a great place to work.

Jetsi

Jetsi said:
Hey all,

Was in the CP's office yesterday, and heard that the Sept. 12 class is filled with poolies. Don't know how many more classes will be filled with poolies, but they are going to start pulling resumes off of airlineapps.com this month and start interviewing in early October.

Good luck to all who are interested, it is a great place to work.

Jetsi

Noticed on airlineapps that Frontier requires a letter of rec. Any truth to this? Will it stand?

Cheers

Looking at the Min Qaul Req's

It doesn't say anything about a rec letter being required.

I know it definitely helps, though.

Good luck,

Jetsi

Numbers

Last I heard we were hiring 84 pilots this Fiscal Year (ending April 30, 2006).

Approximately 40 were swimming in the pool, and I know quite a few got job offers elsewhere. So 20 in the pool, 64 new hires.

We are done receiving aircraft for this year (under our plan, but you know how things can change). Expecting 10 aircraft next calendar year, deliveries and acceptance flights are already scheduled. So I would assume they would be hiring more in FY2007.

Currently at 50 jets, 10 next year, 4 more by April 30, 2007. Expecting a fleet of 64 aircraft starting FY2008, but we supposedly have options for 20 more.

And that is about all I know.

Again, good luck.

Jetsi

Latest heard in the crewroom

Hello all,

Latest word is that hiring is going up from 84 to 107. And with 10 deliveries next year I believe the hiring will continue into the next FY.

Also heard that the interview process is totally changed. Any gouge you see that more than a week old will be inaccurate. Probably some good stuff hidden in there, but I don't think it will help much.

Good luck to all who are interested,

Jetsi

F9 is a good place to call home. Frontier is a hidden jewel in the airlines. Pay is good, Sked are good, routes/days are easy and most importantly we have great teamwork. With all this said, we are still prone to the damages of high fuel prices. We survived 9/11 and If and when we survive this latest HUMP (fuel prices), rest assured F9 would be a great,secure, prosperous, non arrogant, fun, safe place to work.

I am glad jetsi heard we are hiring 107. I am looking forward to it.
By the way, dont get worried if you dont have a rec.. They WILL hire you without one. Also minimums are 2500tt (they will not budge), a little lower than last year.

Good Luck.

Cya

Last edited:
Mins:
2500 Total Time Fixed wing (no FE, Helicopter, or SIM time)
1500 Multi-engine
500 PIC
500 Turbine/prefer jet
1st Class Med, Passport, FCC permit, etc...

This will allow the military guys in, however, competitive requirements include:
Probably at least double all those times listed above
Bachelors Degree
Extensive FMS and EFIS experience
500 hours in last 12 months
6 months experience Part 121 or 135
2 internal recommendation letters (Silver Bullets; only one per non-probationary pilot per year) from pilots who have flown with you

The interview will be an all day multiple phase event, very similar to the SWA interview (almost identical). The key is to build a relationship with the interview team and be youself.

Good luck to all.

I got called for an interview around this time last year and I don't know anyone there...just submitted my airapps package online and got called and scheduled. Of course the interviewed was cancelled a week or two later due to the new contract that came online reducing the need for more pilots so I never got on, but it seems like a great place to be if you want to live in the Denver area.

Latest resources

Back