Frontier Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
batsky,

There are so many inaccuaracies in your line of thinking that I don't know where to begin, however, I will try because I don't want the folks that want to work at F9 to be led astray.
1. Thirteen aircraft remain on hard-order, with 23 options. Fact.
2. F9 financial condition among the best in the industry. Fact.
3. Chief Pilot asking for your resignation letter is not really leaving by choice. Fact. (I know who you are)

stillflyin,
Its more complicated than can be fairly explained on a message board, but essentially these airlines made aircraft orders and scheduled deliveries before fuel costs increased by over 100%. I'm not saying they wouldn't have expanded eventually, I'm just saying they would have choosen different timing. Same with F9.

Me too! That is standard stuff with more days off then most regionals on reserve.
Can't imagine feeling that way....but I used to work in concrete....so I guess I'm not an airline cry baby. All that stuff just rolls off my shoulder. I'm sorry for not feeling your pain and calling you a cry baby....I just can't understand that negative attitude towards being an airline pilot. But it did take me 14 years to make it to the regionals so I am a little more grateful then others. Good luck...to ya maybe they will call me....someone that gets the job done and has too much fun doing it.

batsky2000 said:
I left by choice, did not want to deal with the crappy reserve schedule since I commuted from PA, and the lack of growth, there is no set plan for growth there either, and they are not making any money and have very little to spend, plus the weak union that you think will make changes, are you kidding? most of the leaders are non-commuters, and have shown a lack of urgency to implement a commuter policy, I have gone to the mettings in the past and have been told many times that F9 is a den based airline, and you should have known that before you got here, so what, every one else has a friendly commuter policy in place, the union guys just don't care, and I am not the only one who has left by choice, and I am not the only one who looks at F9 this way, many do, but I am glad that you are fat dumb and happy, well there are plenty who are not
I hate to get nasty on this board. I know who u are BATSKY. Very few people are forced to resign in this industry. Call it what you will-----U got FIRED!! Your bad attitude and rude behavior was unacceptable. You should have gotten off probation before opening that mouth. I dont know how u got hired on with your last airline. If u used your mouth in a constructive way, then maybe people would have listened to you. All u did was complain, bitch and spew hatred. It was almost like you wanted to get fired.
On another note: Nobody said F9 is perfect! As a commutter, reserve could be a challenge. 12 days off. If u live in Denver, it is a dream. But sh!t, Id rather make 55k-60k (1st year) sitting reserve in Denver then flying a prop job 6 legs a day with 10 days off a month. Fuel prices suck---> u could be sitting reserve for a while, or not! The airline industry is a gamble. It is your choice who u wanna fly for. Just beware if u have Batsky's bad attitude, you might fool the interviewer but you might not make your probationary checkride. And Batsky is also right, F9 is a Denver based airline. 35% of us commutte online. By the way as USMC319 stated we are hiring almost 20% this year.

Batsky, Im sorry u got released from this joint, sincerely. Dont be so mad. Relax. Cool your jets. Get over it and enjoy your corporate gig. F9 is not for a few select people.

Cya

Last edited:
Attitude is everything. I talked to a FA that just started to commute after two years in domicile. Now she hates her job. When you step backwards in QOL something happens to the physique(sp?). I live where I want to. I choose to work elsewhere. Commuting does not phase me. I have blinders on. But the FA has step backwards and it is affecting said FA. But said FA could and might be able to overcome said physique(sp?) with good foundation in attitude. Attitude may be a gift from god.....I think anyone can work hard and change bad patterns in attitude. I did!.....I think...or I'm better then I was....I know I'm healthier then I was upstairs. Maybe it was age. Maybe it was God. Maybe I'm full of shat. Seeeyaaaa........

Last edited:
October pilot class

I am one of the 30 poolies that has been swimmimg for over a year now. I know that the Sep. class of 10 began last Monday. Does anyone know if the Oct. class has been scheduled yet. Based on my interview date I figure I should be in that class. As yet, I have not heard anything from Gary Hammerick. He sent the poolies an email last month telling us that he would be getting a hold of us for classes. I really don't want to call him as I think he has been inindated with calls from antzy poolies and those seeking interviews. Anyone on the inside have an idea when this class may be scheduled and, if so, has HR started making any calls yet?

I would suggest sending Gary a reply email, inquiring about class schedules. Planning your life seems to be a reasonable request by any standard.

Krewmeel,

The October class is supposed to start on the 10th. In your case I'd call or e-mail Gary. He was on vacation last week if you were trying to reach him then.

Ohhhhh Nooooooo....I was erased...that's cool. So any word of new interviews going out in the past day or two? I, unfortunately, have not received one yet...still staring hopelessly at the phone, but it only seems to sit there motionless. Any ideas on how to sway them into giving someone a try? Like calling them up or sending in a bottle of Richard Hennessy to the CP or maybe pitching a tent and sitting outside his office in my suit until he finally caves and lets me have a shot...hmmmmmmm. Ok, so i am not really that desparate, or am I...

Newly started poolie

I was one that start on Monday. 10 people in the class. So far I love it, people are friendly and all instructors are great. Briefed by Head of Training and Ops that they plan to hire between 80-84 pilots. Next class said to start in Oct and then the following classes to start each month Jan - May. Delay to get current pilots retrained, etc. Told by management that interview will be more geared to find out what type of person you are instead of how many hours, experience, etc. There looking for the personality that will fit the Frontier image (whole different animal). Definitely call Gary if you had an interview. He knows how your situation and does not mind the call, I bugged him for a year. Great Company and Good luck!

Latest resources

Back