Frontier Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
props8 said:
I was one that start on Monday. 10 people in the class. So far I love it, people are friendly and all instructors are great. Briefed by Head of Training and Ops that they plan to hire between 80-84 pilots. Next class said to start in Oct and then the following classes to start each month Jan - May. Delay to get current pilots retrained, etc. Told by management that interview will be more geared to find out what type of person you are instead of how many hours, experience, etc. There looking for the personality that will fit the Frontier image (whole different animal). Definitely call Gary if you had an interview. He knows how your situation and does not mind the call, I bugged him for a year. Great Company and Good luck!

Anyone in your class from ACA/IDE?

Thanks

-PB

Still treading water...

I too am wondering about the October class. I phoned Gary on Monday. He sounded extremely busy since he had been gone for a week, had been sick, and came back only to find his computer fried. He told me he had authorization for 20 more to start classes. He thought from memory I would fall in the Oct. class starting on the 10th. However, after I got off the phone I remembered I was number 24 in the pool and he had only used up the first 13 to fill the Sept class. That coupled with my requirement for 30 days termination notice of my current temp job prompted me to email requesting the Nov class. He wrote back that I could plan on the November start. He also wrote I would need to come in prior to accomplish the new hire processing. I left a voice message today asking Gary to let me know the exact Nov date and gave him my availability to go out to Denver. He hasn't been able to get back to me yet.

Unless I mis-read the previous reply from the guy in the Sept class, he was told the Oct class would be the last until the new hires started training in Jan? i.e. take care of all the new hires in the pool?

I wonder if it is getting too close to the wire for Frontier to fill the October class? Doesn't sound like anyone has been called yet.

I am also wondering whether the Oct. 10th class is going to happen. Oct 10th will be only 3 weeks away on Monday. Typically F9 begins pilot classes on Mondays with a joint company indoc with all other company new hires (ie, inflight, ramp, mgt. etc.). I know a new hire FA who is starting on the 10th. I was given 6 weeks notice for the Sept. 04 class that was canceled. I could probably still start with 2 weeks notice, but no less then that. Hopefully we'll all have an answer this next week. I'll be sure to post the minute I hear something.

I was called this afternoon my Gary...I am in the Nov 7th class. Excellent! I can't wait to get started! He emailed out the initial new-hire paperwork/release forms. He said the Oct 10 class is nearly filled and the Nov class is following suit. That has to be good news for a lot of people -- included the folks who've been on reserves for well over a year.

Anybody have any gouge on the new interview process. I read that they have gone to a LOI like SWA and FEDEX, but I haven't found any new trip reports. Thanks in advance.

http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_3047577

Article Launched: 09/21/2005 01:00:00 AM

Frontier grows as competitors falter, cut back
The regional carrier says it plans to have nearly 2,000 more full-time employees by 2008.
By Kelly Yamanouchi
Denver Post Staff Writer

While several large airlines falter in Chapter 11 bankruptcy, Frontier Airlines has steadily grown over the past several years and is poised to raise more cash for the future.

Denver-based Frontier has grown from 2,332 full-time equivalent employees in July 2001 to 4,117 this past July, according to figures released Tuesday by the U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics. The airline said it expects to have 6,000 employees by 2008.

At the same time, other carriers - such as Northwest and Delta, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection last week - have been gradually shrinking payrolls.

United Airlines, the largest carrier at Denver International Airport, has cut its employment base from 96,603 full- time equivalent employees in July 2001 to 54,489 in July. It also is working toward exiting a nearly three-year Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

On Monday, Frontier filed a "shelf registration" with the Securities and Exchange Commission that lays the groundwork for raising up to $250 million.

The measure allows Frontier to sell debt securities, stock and securities warrants to repay debt, buy planes or other capital equipment, prepay aircraft leases or add to working capital.
The regional carrier, which started in 1994 and is much smaller than United, Delta and Northwest, has 49 Airbus planes in its fleet.

While it has grown rapidly in past years, Frontier has said it plans more conservative growth in the near future. For example, it plans to increase its fleet to 50 planes for the fiscal year ending in March, 57 planes the next fiscal year and 62 planes the year after that.

However, Frontier also has purchase rights for another 23 Airbus planes, which present options for greater growth.

Staff writer Kelly Yamanouchi can be reached at [email protected] or 303-820-1488.

Frontier will be gobbled up in the wave of mergers thats about to happen. I've already heard the rumors of the "new USair" taking a hard look at them. Just a rumor but it's funny how a lot of these seem to come true...............

Latest resources

Back