• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier pilots approve labor contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any chance someone could post the TA for the rest of us to see?
Thanks.

-Blucher

At 100+ pages I'm guessing you'll find it at airlinepilotpay.com first.

No contract is going to be perfect. We won some and the company won some. Hightlights:

Pay scales
First year pay drops to $36 for new hires who start after March 2nd. All other fo pay rates stay the same. Cpts are frozen for 2 years and the scales are lengthened to 14 years. So called colas of 1.5% and 1% dos+3 and 4
Retirement
New dc plan year 3 is 2.2% goes up to 6% by year 9. 6% at DOS+2 at year 8 and DOS+4 is year 7. 401k matching is still 50% up to 10%. Both are now per pay check instead of end of year which the 401k was.
Scope
Unlimited turboprop operations of up to 78 seats
Small jets 1 to 2 ratio for current mainline aircraft and 1 to 1 for new aircraft after 03/01/07. There are weight limits and other stuff to limit the size but basically 1/3 can be up to 88 seats the others are limited to 78 seats.
The rest of the scope is now with Frontier Holdings.
Our successorship and merger protection language is greatly strengthed and expanded.
Other changes
Long call reserve 12 hours, medium of 8 hrs and short call 2 hrs
Commuter policy in place, though language is a little fuzzy.
Scheduling
daily open time drops limited to 8 trips on weekends and 12 on weekdays.
daily open time drops are now limited to 0930 the day prior.
My personal summary
Captain pay scales are still pretty good compared to every other airline. FO pay is about average. Of course we are not really getting any cola increases over the life of the contract. Our retirment I thought sucked until I saw how it stacked up against everyone else. We get 11% after 9 years and only 5 airlines are better with 2 being at 12 and 12.5%. The scope is were the arguments for and against got testy. If the company uses it to grow and feed Frontier airlines it is a good thing. If they use it to outsource our flying it is a bad thing. It all depends on CASM. I personally thought it was too much and voted so.
To all those who thought we would get the turbo prop flying when no other mainline has it is smoking crack. We would be competing against Mesa and there $50 cpts at segment pay on the dash 8s. As much as we wanted it we new we wouldn't be able to get it. Nor was it worth striking over.
My 2 cents

Hey Porch,
When you say the senior folk are you talking about the 46 who have been here for 10 years or the 161 who have been here prior to 2000? We have over 660 pilots. The vast majority have worked for crap regional or cargo outfits and/or have been furloughed from a legacy carrier. The most junior captain was hired in March 03.
You need to do your research before you make grandiose statements about pilot groups you know nothing about.

Thanks, ricj41, that's what I was looking for. Sadly I've got to agree, they are clearly planning on outsourcing the crap out of you guys. Expect a whole bunch of E175's and the like showing up in Denver real soon. Very sad. Frontier is a great airline, this is a very upsetting turn of events.

-Blucher

Let's see. You voted to freeze your pay for 2 years. Then you agree to a skimpy little cola raise followed by a pay reduction. All in all you just gave yourselves a 5 year pay freeze. Meanwhile you gave away all future turboprop flying and you will have. In return you get a 10% cap on 401k and a 9.6% limited dc.

70% of you guys voted FOR THAT? Wow.

Gup

So over the next few years they could potentially bring in up to something like fifty 88/78 seat jets?

Does this open the door for F9 to ditch Republic after a few years and get their own 170s?

It sounds like Lynx isn't the enemy here. Lynx should really help with growth but if a bunch of those Ejets start showing up, they may turn out to be the real enemy? Would these jets be flown by F9 pilots or would this be another new operation? Perhaps "Jets for Jack"?

At the theoretical Airbus fleet size of 100 aircraft, there could be 73 E-jets, including up to 23 with up to 88 seats each. E-jets will not be flown by Frontier pilots. 123 FAPA members who were eligible to vote did not. Only 137 of us voted 'no'.

Hey Porch,
When you say the senior folk are you talking about the 46 who have been here for 10 years or the 161 who have been here prior to 2000? We have over 660 pilots. The vast majority have worked for crap regional or cargo outfits and/or have been furloughed from a legacy carrier. The most junior captain was hired in March 03.
You need to do your research before you make grandiose statements about pilot groups you know nothing about.

Im talking about 90% of the capts that have been at F9 for 5 to 7 years. Not the new guys that don't have voting rights. Your correct, the new pilots have RA exp. Most others are corp. or some other arena outside of the airlines. Lack of experience gets a bogus contract voted in... that is exactly what happened. The bottom line is well said by WN on the top of the page.

Latest resources

Back