• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Frontier guys" Don't get Greedy!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah I know it would be a Bankruptcy Judge, he works in a fedral court house where the US Bankruptcy Court is, but please elaborate why the US Bankruptcy Court should deny FAPA the protections they have in A-M. I'm sure the judge would be very sympathetic to the plight of the SWA pilots and their desire to deny the Frontier pilots their federally manadated right to "fair and equitable" treatment.

FDJ2... Don't try to reason with the SWA guys with actual facts... The think they are above the law..

I do not want to see everyone stapled. I would also like to see that FAPA attempt to get SWA to guarantee a minimum number of airbus for a minimum number of years, like 40 for 6 years. At which point all the F9 captains would retain their seat when they are transitioned.

If that's a "fair and equitable" integration method, then I'm sure you'll have no problem getting an arbitrator to agree to it.

Dude, you just don't get it. If Gary means what he says, there will be no deal unless WN labor (ie SWAPA) approves it (ie staple with pay protection). If F9 doesn't like it, deal is off. Have fun at RAH. THERE IS NO ARBITRATOR IF WE HAVEN'T BOUGHT YOU.

Where is the respect for these guys? Why shouldn't F9 guys get at least some type of fair intigration!?

They actually fly for a profitable airline! They do bring something to the table here or SWA wouldn't be trying to buy them.

Do you Southwest guys actually think you are so high and mighty that all the F9 guys should go beneath you!? If the arbitrator thinks like me, you'll be in for a suprise.

I have lots of respect for F9 pilots, but if this is the way they feel then the F9 guys can hitch their hopes to Republic. Good day and best of luck.

Fair is fair, the company is being closed down, don't you get that? Profitable? Really? You think a few quarters of making a dime after shedding all debt is a sign of a healthy company? The bankers know otherwise. So do we.

It is just business guys, and i don't see where any SWA pilots owes seniority to any F9 pilot. If both companies where on equal footing and this was a real merger, sure, we would talk of the 2-1 or even 1-1. But not with employees from a failed company.

Last edited:
Did you really think swa was going to keep growing gangbusters forever with 4-5 year upgrades? At some point that was going to stop and there was going to be looongtime fos. Welcome to the majors son. Your timing was not so good. Just like most of us hired at the legacies the last 10-15 years.

Torti at recurrent. The exact numbers don't matter anyway. The fact of the matter is that putting the F9 guys in front of SWAPA pilots will make our already lengthy upgrade that much longer. Again, no offense to the F9 folks, but SWA is the acquiring airline. Stapling with pay protection is the only thing that is "fair and equitable".

Dude,

Again, you don't get it. Look through the history books of SW. Muse Air Pilots were involved in "talks" with SW. They pushed for "integration" and look what that got them. You have to understand the company and culture here. There WILL BE NO INTEGRATION. Protection of some type, probably. That is as good as it is going to get. If FAPA comes in pushing for integration, the deal will be scrapped. PERIOD. Take a long look at your future with RAH and decide.

BUS

F9

I do wish all the F9 pilots the best of luck and I am sure there a way that makes most happy. I do think some of the SWA pilots are being self serving and I apologize for that.

SWA pilots will be the "arbitrators". SWA doesn't wish to anger their pilots and comprimise their culture. Thus, SWAPA will get the final say and vote on any potential agreement. It looks like give and take. F9 guys TAKE a fat raise and GIVE their seniority, moving to the rear of the list. Other stuff won't fly.

Dude, you just don't get it. If Gary means what he says, there will be no deal unless WN labor (ie SWAPA) approves it (ie staple with pay protection). If F9 doesn't like it, deal is off. Have fun at RAH. THERE IS NO ARBITRATOR IF WE HAVEN'T BOUGHT YOU.

I don't work at F9 or RAH.

I do question whether SWA will pull the plug on this deal just because the SWA pilots either don't want to negotiate a integrated seniority list, or make their case before an arbitrator. If this deal has value for SWA, they'll make the deal.

Of course this whole thing could just be smoke and mirrors to raise the price, get into the books, effect contract negotiations etc. Time will tell, but if there is a deal, there will be either a negotiated or arbitrated seniority list.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back