• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Frontier guys" Don't get Greedy!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do you not hear a lot from SWA pilots?

Becuase we know that they do not want any integration except staple or preferential interviews. They do not want anything that hurts their seniority. Any push/comments from them saying so would just show them as taking advantage of a fellow pilot/pilot group. Climb up the ladder on the backs of fellow pilots.

Wh do yo not hear from Frontier pilots. First, shock Republic was the first 2x4 across the forehead. Then SWA was the second. They are in shock. Second is the fact that they hope to be integrated with SWA and don't want to piss off any SWA pilots. Remember, names on even this Blog are only a phone call aways from a friend of a friend of a friend. Would you want to go to your Preferentail interview, after slamming SWA pilots and the company for not taking care of the Frontier pilots in a truely fair integration (ref DAL/NWA). They are keeping quiet for self preservation.

SWAPA will fight tooth and nail against any percentage integration what so ever, even with the 1994 date. They can act the "corporate raider" and take Frontier apart peice by piece over the next couple of years and get all of F9 with none of the Operational/contactual issue for the labor groups. Again, it will Be Morris type integraion, or nothing.

Just my opinion......

FNG

I appreciate your post

Lets talk of one little detail that seems to be glossed over quite quickly. What exactly are the Frontier pilots willing to sacrifice for those on furlough? Are they willing to give a little for the most senior to get something for those on the street? Are the senior guys willing to give for their weakest element? I haven't heard a word on this subject. I know for a fact that the SWA guys are willing to fight to the end for those in the pool. Some of the guys in the pool have gone through the whole anal cavity review and have been waiting for many moons. I can also ensure you that they are reading this forum with much interest. They aren't going to pipe in, but they are watching, just like the F9 guys on the street.

Don't worry there BigGoob, you guys are being talked of frequently on the SWAPA forum!

Dick

Yes the ATA and F9 deals are structured differently, but you are blind if you cannot see that they can get to the same outcome. SWA did not buy ATA outright, but WHO was running the company after the deal went through? Answer: Dennison (aka SWA)!

The F9 guys and gals need to look at this from the SWA pilot's point of view (not saying you have to agree). For us at SWA adding 700 pilots to the seniority list does nothing for us unless it's a staple job. Otherwise, we would prefer to tell Gary to grow his own and move on. F9 has a good product/group but any type of integration other than staple sets every pilot, hired after 1994, back. Therefore as a pilot there is simply nothing in the deal for most of us. The real reason we turned down our contract was that a majority (63%) of the FO's voted NO.....and most of it was about quality of life and the left seat (lance program). A great many FO's were upset with SWAPA for pushing age 65 just for starters. I wish the F9 guys and gals good luck and hope they make the right decision for them. I really believe that this deal has nothing to do with ATA. ATA failed on it's own and all the money SW had could not have saved them. They had expensive leases on all their aircraft and numerous other financial problems. Good luck to all

F9 folks, has Republic requested unlimited scope relief as part of their funding?

If so, the future of Frontier Airlines wouldn't be in the flying French living room...rather the big jungle jets. A fence wouldn't matter if the a/c type disappears. There would be the former F9 Airbus pilot...employed by Republic, hopefully sitting on the E190, hopefully left seat, living the regional life you might have said "never again" to. What would the pay, QOL, benefits, job security, etc.? Putting myself in the shoes of an F9 pilot, I should think the SWA option superior in every respect. I would be at the bottom of a SWA list, keeping my standard of living with pay protection, and soon making more then I ever was at F9.

The F9 guys and gals need to look at this from the SWA pilot's point of view (not saying you have to agree). For us at SWA adding 700 pilots to the seniority list does nothing for us unless it's a staple job.

Wrong. These aren't 700 pilots just being added to your seniority list. This kids showed up at the sandbox with their own toys. You aren't having to share yours with them without getting anything in return. It doesn't screw your precious SWA upgrade time unless they simply dump the Airbus' and don't replace them one-for-one with your wonderplane 737. Stapling them to the bottom of your list is nothing but a grab at their captain's seats and that ain't pretty.

You're right, getting folded into SWA is a pretty sweet deal for the F9 guys but sometimes luck is how this industry works. However, maybe you should open your eyes and consider they bring expansion and some international flying to your company that you need.

I don't work for either of the involved groups but this attitude of "I'm keeping mine and entitled to yours and screw you if you don't like it" isreally getting ugly in this industry. :(

I agree with the above. The fears about ATA are also valid- but let's look at the differences:
ATA in my admitedly limited knowledge, was a successful charter company that branched out, with limited success, to passenger service. SWA didn't necessarily buy into ATA for anything other than gate space and slots.
F9 has a huge customer base that SWA is after- they don't need slots or necessarily more gate space- there's so much room there- they could do it on their own if they had to- the biggest gain is the customer base. It's a good fit culturally- and it will only add to wn to bring on the pilots-
throw in bond mccaskill and I think that the f9 pilots have a pretty good and secure future at Swa. Just have to get through the integration w/o bad blood.

ATA failed on it's own and all the money SW had could not have saved them. They had expensive leases on all their aircraft and numerous other financial problems. Good luck to all

Not sure how you see a difference between the ATA situation and F9. F9 is obviously in just as severe a financial situation as ATA was or they wouldn't be in bankruptcy. In fact F9 is probably in a worse situation because the lack of credit available now as opposed to credit available in 2005. The only real option for F9 to survive is via acquisition, because there are no hedge funds or equity financing options available anymore.

I agree with a previous post, regardless of what percentage SWA owned of ATA (approx 40%) as opposed to what is being proposed at F9 (100%), SWA will still operate F9 as a seperate company eliminating the need to integrate employee groups, and slowly bleed the company down to nothing. SWA has 2 priorities.....1. Stopping the competition from moving into valuable territory (example, increasing the bid for ATA over Airtran to stop Airtran from growing in the MDW market), 2. Eliminating competition....by taking on UAL heads up in one of their biggest markets, SWA could take out the real prize of all this, by killing a legacy airline that is on the ropes. It's no secret that UAL is probably the weakest of all legacy airlines right now, UAL could get snuffed by SWA increasing marketshare in DEN.

JMHO

In my humble opinion F9 pilots are not SWA pilots yet. If they are going to end up within the SWA group it is a much quicker path to being made whole than at Republic.

Latest resources

Back