• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Frontier guys" Don't get Greedy!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man, if that guy sounds like that in Dallas on Monday, this deal will probably be off by Tuesday. Good Luck with that.

I like his worst case scenario. I think he forgot the real worst case scenario is we vote the whole thing down and he works for republic.

If he comes to Dallas with that crap in his mind he can take the first Republic flight back to Den.

Have fun in arbitration! Relative? Merger of equals? DOH? All sounds too familiar.

How is this a merger of equals? Delta/NWA was a merger. SWA is bidding on a bankrupt airline at an auction.

Just talked to a couple of friends at Frontier. They seemed to think that Republic is a better deal and that with the Republic purse strings, Frontier could see a lot of growth. On the other hand, they said Southwest had to borrow 600 million and then sell airplanes for lease back, on top of that Southwest is overstaffed and without an oppourtunity for quick growth will probably furlough soon.

Can someone explain to me when the unions [FAPA & SWAPA] are supposed to meet? Is that the meeting Tuesday? Will a deal be either struck or not struck before the binding11th deadline? The way I understand it if the unions can't come to an agreement then no deal with F9/WN. Am I missing something?

How many ATA pilots were ultimately hired by SWA????

Unfortunately we've seen this situation before with SWA. They wanted MDW all to themselves and the bought ATA and parsed out its assets to get it. Now DEN is in their sites. You can't necessarily blame SWA's management because this is a business and they have every right to do what is necessary to boost revenues and profits... It would be a good strategic move for SWA.

Big questions: roughly how many ATA pilots were eventually hired by SWA post acquisition? What percentage of all ATA pilots were ultimately hired by SWA?

If I were a current F9 pilot I would be a bit nervous at the moment given the ATA history. Also, will all F9 pilots need to get/buy 737 type ratings if they don't already have one to qualify for a SWA interview? I realize F9 used to operate 737s but not all pilots will have that 737 experience (perhaps many hired directly into the Airbus). How will that work? Who would pay for the ratings? There are a lot of questions that would need to be answered...

Latest resources

Back