"Frontier guys" Don't get Greedy!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA did not BUY ATA.

Staple with pay protection, just like Morris. Who here wouldn't throw gear here for 230,000 a year? 95% of our current senority list makes over 6 figures a year.

Staple with pay protection, just like Morris. Who here wouldn't throw gear here for 230,000 a year? 95% of our current senority list makes over 6 figures a year.

I personally would be happy to be a stapled FO for that kind of cabbage, but again, don't think it will wash under Mcaskill/Bond. This law is to keep one work group from integrating another for just that reason. Also, our senior captains will not go back to being FO's even though a WN FO pays about the same as a F9 captain....I guess they can just quit

Here's the only "fair" way to integrate:

1. No bump/no flush.
2. F9 began operating this time around in 1994. Therefore:
All SWA pilots hired prior to 1994 maintain their current seniority. F9 pilots ratioed into the post 1994 SWA list.
3. Subsequent openings filled from integrated seniority list.

No one gets any windfalls.

Sounds like you are talking DOH to me! Sounds like a windfall for the pre-1994 SWA pilots! Delta/NWA merger and Nicoli award has percentage integration of both pilots groups such that pilots maintain their relative percentage of seniority.

But when you read the press releases from SWA, all they talk about is "hiring Frontier employees" as they take new 737 and retire Airbus aircraft. Thas sounds like "prefferential interviews/hiring". All Frontier people end up as new hires, at the bottom of the SWA list.

This is one merger that the Frontier pilots should fight on every front unless they get the merger/SLI in writing upfront! Otherwise it will be worse than the SWA/Morris Air (where at least they got to keep their seniority)

Just my opinion......

FNG

Bull$hit. Your entire post is THE definition of a windfall.
We have over 4700 post '94 pilots.
If F9 wants to get greedy they can fly an RJ for Republic. Otherwise they can take the right seat, at the bottom of the list, in a 73 for $40\hour more than they are making now. It's up to them. I have no doubt how the SWAPA pilots will vote.

I'd love to see us put every F9 pilot on the payroll, but I won't sacrifice ONE of my fellow pilots. Ain't personal, just business.

This is a classic example of SW love (of lack there of) for F9.

Wow! Usually SWA types are cool, but throw in a proposed merger and Wow. Throwing anyone under the bus is stupid, as professionals let's just see what actually comes of this. Some are already fighting the seniority fight, good on you, but do you really want that bad blood spilt so soon? As a furloughed AW guy, maybe try to work something out, we pilot types really need to learn to work well and play with others. This infighting of different pilot groups has gotten us nowhere.

It's funny reading these posts. Someone said F9 guys should only be merged with SWA guys hired after 1994 because that is when Frontier started. Well America West started in 1983, but US Airways pilots hired before 1983 are still junior to America West pilots using Nic. There are arguments about how much more Southwest pays. Well starting Frontier pay is more than top Republic first officer pay and there are Frontier first officers making more than Republic captains, but Republic pilots still want a ratio merger. The NWA/DAL merger gave all of NWA's attrition to the Delta pilots. There are many factors and many precedents in mergers. I've learned anything can happen. The Frontier pilots could all lose their jobs or the Frontier captains could become SWA captains. Anything in between can happen also. We will not know until it is done. Speculating is pointless.

Latest resources

Back