• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Frontier guys" Don't get Greedy!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand why some of you believe the unions have to agree (and quickly) or the deal is off. I'm not so sure. It may just be a bluff to appease SWAPA and get FAPA to play nice. I don't think this offer by SWA was made lightly. It seems to me they've shown their hand and really want to get their hands on F9. It may be to eliminate F9 as competition or as a prelude to all out war with UAL in DEN. I don't think they would have made this play unless they had already talked to SWAPA or they didn't care about an SLI one way or the other. The stakes are too high. I think they will get this done with or without an initial agreement between SWAPA/FAPA. YMMV.

It appears that SWA is buying an airline, namely Frontier. According to the rules and regulations, if an airline buys another airline the employees have to go with them, assuming all conditions are satisfied. Well, all the pilots will come with Frontier as well as the pilots of Lynx. They will be working for their respective company. The SWA pilots will be working for SWA. All 3 companies will be operated separately and will be owned by SWA Holding. SWA Holding can do what they want with their companies as long as they operate separately. Now if someone came along and wanted to buy Frontier they could be sold again. They could sell all the pieces and make a profit. They could merge them with SWA but then the employees will have to be integrated with SWA employees. SWA Holding can also do the same thing with Lynx which will be operating as another separate airline. So, accepting a staple with pay protection would be the best option for Frontier.

Here's the only "fair" way to integrate:

1. No bump/no flush.
2. F9 began operating this time around in 1994. Therefore:
All SWA pilots hired prior to 1994 maintain their current seniority. F9 pilots ratioed into the post 1994 SWA list.
3. Subsequent openings filled from integrated seniority list.

No one gets any windfalls.

That's horsesh!t. EVERY SWAPA pilot maintains seniority, period. No offense to the F9 folks, but I've already lost mega-bucks from my retirement because of this age 65 crap, I don't want my 15 year upgrade to become a 20 year upgrade.

Pay protect them, and then staple them.

It appears that SWA is buying an airline, namely Frontier. According to the rules and regulations, if an airline buys another airline the employees have to go with them, assuming all conditions are satisfied. Well, all the pilots will come with Frontier as well as the pilots of Lynx. They will be working for their respective company. The SWA pilots will be working for SWA. All 3 companies will be operated separately and will be owned by SWA Holding. SWA Holding can do what they want with their companies as long as they operate separately.

What does FAPA's PWA say about being acquired, does it, like most airlines, require integration of the pilot groups in the event of an acquisition or fragmentation? How about SWAPA's PWA, what does it say about integration when SWA acqires another airline? Finally, what does federal law say? You may be presuming too much if you think SWA can buy another airline, poach it's assets and discard its employees.

Who told you it was a 15 year upgrade, Herb or Gary?

Torti at recurrent. The exact numbers don't matter anyway. The fact of the matter is that putting the F9 guys in front of SWAPA pilots will make our already lengthy upgrade that much longer. Again, no offense to the F9 folks, but SWA is the acquiring airline. Stapling with pay protection is the only thing that is "fair and equitable".

For the fifth time posted on here, there will not be an arbitrator. Either SWAPA and FAPA agree, or no deal. That is in compliance with A/M provision, if both sides agree before the deal is done. There will be no arbitration.

Latest resources

Back