• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Frontier guys" Don't get Greedy!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA wants to buy F9 and then take what is good for them. This is America and that is the way business runs. You try to take business away from other companies that you compete with. Only the strongest will survive. In this case F9 is on the last leg, otherwise they would not be in Chapter 11. They should be happy that there is a SWA that is ready to make an offer. If SWA offers a pay freeze, a lock on Denver for several years plus other benefits, then being stapled is not that bad. Chapter 7 would be worst. 50 years from now it won't make a difference.
Why should any employee from F9 benefit from this purchase by being placed ahead of SWA employees.

If I were at F9 I would want nothing to do with this SWA deal. I don't think SWA has any intention of keeping a single F9 employee when this is all said and done with. SWA is after UAL and F9 has assets(not human) that help them get where they want to go. They will make you an "offer" for an interview at such time the Buses are gone but I suspect few will actually find themselves "hired" by SWA. While joining the RAH team seems like a poor deal also, I believe RAH has every intention of growing F9 and using it as a launching pad for continued growth and movement into a different segment of the industry.

They way I see it, one company SWA, is looking to kill two birds with one stone, (acquire F9, use it against UAL then kill them BOTH) while the other, RAH genuinely wants to acquire another airline to position that carrier for growth and integration. It's a poor situation either way but I don't think becoming employees of SWA was ever in the plan hatched by SWA management.

I could be wrong.

it's funny that the most cynical versions of this come from employees of other airlines not named SWA or Frontier. Not a coincidence i think.

Some people seem to be poisoning the well before this is even a possibility. Wonder why? Let's hope the unions and powers that be are a bit more even-keeled.
(repost)
To me: If the lists are integrated - and it's a big IF that wn will even buy f9- it will be a post 1994 ratio weighted toward southwest (read a bit better for wn than a % ratio- with all wn pilots hired before 1994 being on top). There are, and should be some consequences to being bought out. We live in a capitalist society, like it or not. But to staple is not fair.

That's the only way to acknowledge the fact that wn is the better job and the buying carrier, while at the same time recognizing that the pilots of F9 have built an airline that SWA wants to buy. A great airline. That's an accomplishment. Both factors should be considered.

Is there an argument against this?

Last edited:
If I were at F9 I would want nothing to do with this SWA deal. I don't think SWA has any intention of keeping a single F9 employee when this is all said and done with. SWA is after UAL and F9 has assets(not human) that help them get where they want to go. They will make you an "offer" for an interview at such time the Buses are gone but I suspect few will actually find themselves "hired" by SWA. While joining the RAH team seems like a poor deal also, I believe RAH has every intention of growing F9 and using it as a launching pad for continued growth and movement into a different segment of the industry.

They way I see it, one company SWA, is looking to kill two birds with one stone, (acquire F9, use it against UAL then kill them BOTH) while the other, RAH genuinely wants to acquire another airline to position that carrier for growth and integration. It's a poor situation either way but I don't think becoming employees of SWA was ever in the plan hatched by SWA management.

I could be wrong.

So, if SWA offers them a staple, pay freeze, denver lock for several years and other benefits, you would think that it is a great deal and they should accept it. I think they should accept it because of the other option.

So, if SWA offers them a staple, pay freeze, denver lock for several years and other benefits, you would think that it is a great deal and they should accept it. I think they should accept it because of the other option.

I'm sure you do...................I just don't know if they think it's a good deal. It's being wrapped in a whole bunch of condescention.....who knows??

it's funny that the most cynical versions of this come from employees of other airlines not named SWA or Frontier. Not a coincidence i think.

Some people seem to be poisoning the well before this is even a possibility. Wonder why? Let's hope the unions and powers that be are a bit more even-keeled.
(repost)
To me: If the lists are integrated - and it's a big IF that wn will even buy f9- it will be a post 1994 ratio weighted toward southwest (read a bit better for wn than a % ratio- with all wn pilots hired before 1994 being on top). There are, and should be some consequences to being bought out. We live in a capitalist society, like it or not. But to staple is not fair.

That's the only way to acknowledge the fact that wn is the better job and the buying carrier, while at the same time recognizing that the pilots of F9 have built an airline that SWA wants to buy. A great airline. That's an accomplishment. Both factors should be considered.

Is there an argument against this?

Why do you not hear a lot from SWA pilots?

Becuase we know that they do not want any integration except staple or preferential interviews. They do not want anything that hurts their seniority. Any push/comments from them saying so would just show them as taking advantage of a fellow pilot/pilot group. Climb up the ladder on the backs of fellow pilots.

Wh do yo not hear from Frontier pilots. First, shock Republic was the first 2x4 across the forehead. Then SWA was the second. They are in shock. Second is the fact that they hope to be integrated with SWA and don't want to piss off any SWA pilots. Remember, names on even this Blog are only a phone call aways from a friend of a friend of a friend. Would you want to go to your Preferentail interview, after slamming SWA pilots and the company for not taking care of the Frontier pilots in a truely fair integration (ref DAL/NWA). They are keeping quiet for self preservation.

SWAPA will fight tooth and nail against any percentage integration what so ever, even with the 1994 date. They can act the "corporate raider" and take Frontier apart peice by piece over the next couple of years and get all of F9 with none of the Operational/contactual issue for the labor groups. Again, it will Be Morris type integraion, or nothing.

Just my opinion......

FNG

Latest resources

Back