Friendly NJI/NJA discussion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ghostrider64

Okay folks in this thread I request you all leave your negativity at home. I'm starting this because I believe we all do the same job and all of our profits go to the same bank account BRK....

Very soon there will be a mixed bag in the cockpit doing the same job you did yesterday.

My question is now for the NJI folks. Seeing that there will be Union guys now flying G's are any of you interested in having the opportunity to fly anything but G's?

Seems to me that this would be the perfect time to consider a voluntary move to 1108 with Grandfathered protections in the G's...Perhaps you could have super seniority in them and receive a seniority number also for fleet wide bids. I have loved being able to fly varied types of aircraft through out my stay at NJA.

BTW I'm no recruiter for the IBT but for the first time in my history they seem to be working for me...

That's the spirit, bring 'em all over here as well. No fences. If they fly big iron across the pond, maybe some of'em want a break from that?

C'mon guys!

Hold er Newt!

Does anyone have a public copy of the TA ? All we have is rumors. We know none of this.

Thanks for the attempt not to start the war, but I feel that there are way too many opportunities in you post for an explosion.

Please everyone keep the silly emotions out this and post something useful.

Thats for responders and not to Ghostrider

Still Climbing
TCA

This is not a rumor....

1/3rd of all new (by growth and by attrition) capt slots will be filled by Pilots on the current NJA Seniority list.

1/2 of all new (by growth or attrition) FO slots will be filled by pilots on the current NJA seniority list.

We are prevented from posting here anything from our internal website but when we are allowed I would be happy to post it.

As I've said above, this is not a rumor this is in the current TA.

Also the TA has salary provisions for the Gulfstream aircraft. However our FO's will all be paid per our contract which is quite a bit less than the NJI scale.

Last edited:
ghostrider64 said:
This is not a rumor....

1/3rd of all new (by growth and by attrition) capt slots will be filled by Pilots on the current NJA Seniority list.

1/2 of all new (by growth or attrition) FO slots will be filled by pilots on the current NJA seniority list.

We are prevented from posting here anything from our internal website but when we are allowed I would be happy to post it.

As I've said above, this is not a rumor this is in the current TA.

Also the TA has salary provisions for the Gulfstream aircraft. However our FO's will all be paid per our contract which is quite a bit less than the NJI scale.

Why won't the FOs be paid the same as any other NJI FO? That seems screwy. I don't know why some much animosity and talk of anybody getting screwed. First, a lot can happen in three years. Second, based on what Grizz just posted: "In the event the NMB rules in favor of the Union the IBT will control the NJA and NJI pilot integration and the subsequent amalgamation of wages, benefits, and work rules which must be executed in an equitable manner." The last part of that is key.

Zman...

It appears that there was some give and take across the board to get the company to increase the overall Capt wages.

Example would be that SIC's receiving bypass pay will still receive old Capt wages even though they aren't capts.

There are differences in the FO scales for class4 (includes G's) and class 5 (everything over 100K lbs) But from what I can tell the NJA FO's will now be starting at $50K in the G's.

I wouldn't be suprised at all if all NJI new hires aren't paid the same. It would make sense would it not from the company's perspective?

I believe that NJI will eventually be integrated into NJA. Business wise it makes more sense, Union or not. Before the contracts negotiations became contentious, most pilots at NJA were happy with the company's potential and with the job. It was only after negotiations became ugly that the fur started flying. The smart move will be to merge the two... how, I don't know.
I also believe that the single carrier petition will be won by NJA. There are just too many things in favor of single carrier. And now that there will be NJA pilots on board, I thnk it will be a done deal in 3 years. I believe that Santulli knows this but needed to save a little face in negotiations and couldn't give away the whole thing..... time will tell.

ghostrider64 said:
Zman...

It appears that there was some give and take across the board to get the company to increase the overall Capt wages.

Example would be that SIC's receiving bypass pay will still receive old Capt wages even though they aren't capts.

There are differences in the FO scales for class4 (includes G's) and class 5 (everything over 100K lbs) But from what I can tell the NJA FO's will now be starting at $50K in the G's.

I wouldn't be suprised at all if all NJI new hires aren't paid the same. It would make sense would it not from the company's perspective?

Hmm, I don't know. Are the A guys who are going to fly the G still going to be considered NJA employees? If so, then I guess it makes sense. NJA employee, NJA pay scale. But if they're NJI employees, they should be payed what any other of our FOs get payed. Just seems fair to me....

who cares about flying "heavy iron" Gulfstreams? Why does everyone want to fly them? I don't want to sit in a seat for 10 hours personally...

Latest resources

Back