Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom/Mesa/Chicken Taco WHORES....In ATL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
saab fixr said:
And I wonder why you arent calling Jetblu and SW names when they are the root cause for most of this, they are the ones driving the Legacy carriers to make drastic changes to compete!!! geezzz man give it a rest and check into Detox!!!

Uhhhhh. jetblu? who knows. southwest? they only have the best contract in the industry. a 12 year captain on the 737 for southwest makes more than almost any other 12 year captain flying any widebody in america.

This thread pretty much sums up why I am so excited to be leaving the regional airline world very shortly. I have accepted a job overseas, and cannot wait to leave this sophmore, busch league bulls***. You all can have it. Good riddens.

JohnnyP

av8tor4239 said:
Who and why would anyone want to even apply for a job with FREEDOM? When I hear your whinney little voices on the raido in ATL I try to imagine what went through your brain before you accepted a job at an airline that UNDERCUT THE MESA CONTRACT. If you are undercutting MESA you have some serious ego issues... "I just want to fly a jet" F ING WHORE

Only a moron starts an argument without having the facts...there is no longer any difference between a Freedom, Air Midwest, and Mesa as far as the pilots go. Same contract and seniority list. The original Freedom pilots, known as "A-listers" or F.A.G.s(Freedom A Guy/Gal)are all back on the Mesa side of the operation...there may be one or two over there still. Freedom is ERJ's now. The alter-ego started with CRJs. But, it's only been over two years since Mesa recaptured the Freedom flying, so I can totally understand how such an informed pilot couldn't have figured it out by now.:rolleyes:
There's a list of the FAGs out there. You're pissed at the wrong guys when you speak of current Freedom guys. Many are being junior assigned into that system anyway. Hopefully you'll pull you're head out of your a$$ before you upgrade. Get back to me then, Skippy.

av8tor4239 said:
Who and why would anyone want to even apply for a job with FREEDOM? When I hear your whinney little voices on the raido in ATL I try to imagine what went through your brain before you accepted a job at an airline that UNDERCUT THE MESA CONTRACT. If you are undercutting MESA you have some serious ego issues... "I just want to fly a jet" F ING WHORE

Idiot.

zawillif said:
Uhhhhh. jetblu? who knows. southwest? they only have the best contract in the industry. a 12 year captain on the 737 for southwest makes more than almost any other 12 year captain flying any widebody in america.

What.....? think about what you just wrote here and maybe you will figure out why the industry is the way it is today. If swa and jet blue weren't around today the other major airlines would be in a much better financial condition because they would have a lot more price control. But that is competition and the free market. Nothing against jet blue or swa, they are great airlines. Competition, as you should know, also plays a big part in what regionals get the contracts over other regionals. Furthermore, there is not always a direct relationship between pilot compensation and the cost of a regional airlines service. There are many other factors at play that determine the price of the contract such as corporate structure, mgmt strategy,etc, that have nothing to do w/ pilot compensation. In addition, price is not always the leading factor in the awarding of a contract, quality is key as well, a.k.a. chq & cal contract.

av8tor4239 said:

They don't apply for a job at Freedom. It's all one senority list and the company assigns a/c so if you get the erj, you're going Freedom side. As I understand it, they tend to send folks from Florida to Freedom so they can at least be based in their home state.

sweptback said:
I saw them in the crew lounge once. Everybody gave them the evil eye and they eventually left. Haven't seen them back since.

That crew room must be a blast to hang out in.... Where is it at?

Terrain Terrain said:
mesa/bojets/shtaco/shuttle/repubic all can burn in hell, and the asshats that draged ALL of our pay down. you guys are true slut whores.. you have destroyed many lifes. when you look in the mirror you must see a huge smelly log of crap. congats dirtbags

I'm feeling the love! :)

If I have said it once, I've said it a hundred times. Any time you blame another pilot for your situation, you are being managements little bitch. It's just that simple.

One thing that I'm happy we have at Mesa is a scope agreement. Mind you, scope protection agreements aren't always rock solid but ours is holding nicely. What does that mean to you? It means at contract time Mesa will be represented by one unified pilot group that will not have to worry about a whip saw during negotiations. What does that mean? It means one unified group, one unified stance - one much improved contract with a focus on pay and quality of life issues.

Maybe if you had achieved scope in the last round of negotiations, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. Hmmm - whodathunkit?

Latest resources

Back