Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom/Mesa/Chicken Taco WHORES....In ATL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fly2Scuba said:
Okay, again you didn't address the real issue; just trying to sugercoat it. So, what happens if scheduling removes a trip from your schedule for a 30 in 7 issue. Do you still get paid for those dropped legs? The specific pay rate of $65 mentioned were an educated guesess based on the current downward trend and was a future possible scenario; horribly likely at that. Also I guess I was wrong about the 9 days off a month, it's 8 days off in a 28 day period averaging a whopping 8.7 days off a month so I overestimated to your benefit Einstein. And finally, yes I really do believe there are alot CHQ guys that have the same attitude as 3 years based on some of the online profiles, home pages, and myspace ads posted here.

Why are you so worried about workrules at another airline? Who cares... Someone's always gonna have a better or worse contract. I guess it just makes you feel bigger in the pants to bash someone working for a "inferior" (which is questionable, by the way) airline.

It's very easy to identify guys like you Scuba... It's in the subtle clues like the "El Capitan" in your profile and constant need to publicly disclose the alleged supiriority of YOUR employer. You lack self confidence and need to continually justify yourself.

-YOU are the guy that finds a way to tell women within the first 5 minutes of meeting them that you are a Continental pilot.
-YOU are the kind of guy that will eventually have a Myspace account of your own.

The empty can rattles the most.

-Bag

Dix-Bag said:
Why are you so worried about workrules at another airline? Who cares... Someone's always gonna have a better or worse contract. I guess it just makes you feel bigger in the pants to bash someone working for a "inferior" (which is questionable, by the way) airline.

It's very easy to identify guys like you Scuba... It's in the subtle clues like the "El Capitan" in your profile and constant need to publicly disclose the alleged supiriority of YOUR employer. You lack self confidence and need to continually justify yourself.

-YOU are the guy that finds a way to tell women within the first 5 minutes of meeting them that you are a Continental pilot.
-YOU are the kind of guy that will eventually have a Myspace account of your own.

The empty can rattles the most.

-Bag
Dumb is the best way to describe yours and the two previous posts. We're not talking about slight differences in contracts; there is a huge gap in quality of life and again you fail to address the real issue of pilots looking just to sacrifice all respect just for the chance to move on as soon as possible. Let me ask you this, if an airline started up and had 5 days off on reserve a month, $5 less per hour pay, minimum guarantee 65 hours, etc., would you be thrilled with that pilot group if they underbid your flying if and had a carefree attitude about the whole deal?

And by the way, in regards to my employer, I feel fortunate to fly at ExpressJet. Luck has played some role along with good management, great union personel, and a committed to the profession excellent pilot group. Because of that, I don't find much to complain about for now. It's worked out well especially recently, but I along with most everyone else was set back a couple years from the flow back agreement with Continental. Never did I complain about that, and felt the flow through/flow back agreement was excellent as it helped to preserve mainline jobs and form a sense of togetherness. Also voted yes on the strike vote and was ready to walk a couple years ago, not just play airline pilot and make this purely a "stepping stone" for the chance of rapid growth. And if things turn crappy over here due to management or whatever, I'll be in line with rest of the pilot complaining and taking some form of action.

Every once in awhile a Mesa pilot will come on here and actually admit that things suck over there and it's time to commit to changing the culture, contract, and gain the respect that a professional pilot flying a large number of passengers in a larger aircraft to a far off destination deserves. I can respect that kind of thought process and action but those revelations and attitudes seem far inbetween. I just don't understand why anyone would come back with...

a) well actually it's not too bad over here with 8 days off for "reserves only"
b) it's just a "stepping stone" to fly for this "regional"
c) ignore that whole Atlantic Coast or Air Wisconsin losing there contract with United or the thousands still on furlough at major airlines and don't worry about the Mesa or any other pilots' contract
d) you're just being emotional. That's a whole bunch of tree hugging hippy crap

I'm not bashing to improve my ego. I'm bashing because I enjoy doing other activities besides my job like SCUBA for instance and that requires money and time off. If something threatens those working conditions, then that concerns me. If you choose to fly for Mesa or another bottom feeder, then fine. Just don't pretend like there isn't a problem with your employer and not take any action because the whole profession suffers.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back