Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom/Mesa/Chicken Taco WHORES....In ATL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agreed

UCF Aviator, you had me until you mentioned quality of operation goes into the decision of who gets the flying, (chq and CAL). In what way is chq more of a quality carrier than Expressjet? Where you referring to Cal's choice of chq over an even scummier operator, like mesa or goatjets?

Bustinmins, it seems that more and more I am hearing this argument "don't hate the player (the pilots of undercutting airline) hate the game (undercutting airline's management)." It seems I hear it the most from the pilots who are getting picked on for working at undercutting regionals.

While I agree with you it dilutes our bargaining power when we fight amongst ourselves, a major portion of the blame rests with the pilots who voted for those substandard contracts and the kids who run to fly for said airline knowing it has substandard pay and rules but hope to "get there time and get out".
I will hate all day.

Fly2Scuba said:
F the Mesa Group. The true slimeballs of the industry along with S**taco.

I'm sure all the 600 hour wonders you guys would run classes full of, every 5 minutes, are just sterling examples of professionalism.

What a dork.

Question: How many of you so-called Mesa haters have ever actually approached a Mesa pilot and told him how you feel? I'll bet none. I spent some time in that hell-forsaken place and not ONCE did I catch any flack, or even a dirty look from another pilot. Nothing but pleasant experiences. I think before you tough guys earn the right to talk crap on flighinfo, you should grow some street cred and actually look someone in the eye with your complaints.

DashCojones said:
Question: How many of you so-called Mesa haters have ever actually approached a Mesa pilot and told him how you feel? I'll bet none. I spent some time in that hell-forsaken place and not ONCE did I catch any flack, or even a dirty look from another pilot. Nothing but pleasant experiences. I think before you tough guys earn the right to talk crap on flighinfo, you should grow some street cred and actually look someone in the eye with your complaints.
Like everyone on here has been saying...Not one crew has had the guts to show their face around anyone in ATL. I know exactely what I am going to say to the first MAG crew I see in ATL. Hope they take it like a man.

Sinca3 said:
Like everyone on here has been saying...Not one crew has had the guts to show their face around anyone in ATL. I know exactely what I am going to say to the first MAG crew I see in ATL. Hope they take it like a man.

I'm calling Bullsh!t on you unless you bring a camcorder along.

on second thought, do these guys even have enough time to leave their aircraft? what are the turns like out of ATL? long sits?

Sinca3 said:
You MAG pilots are on one list....great. You will be one voice during the next negotiations.....Great! Remember this, and try to grow a set and not be the lowest paid pilots in the industry. When you have done that, everyone else will start to leave you alone. Until then you are the MAGots of the industry.

With unity and support like that Why wouldn't mesa pilots take yet another lowball contract to aquire a bunch of new flying to put more pilots out of jobs. with out any external support from other pilot groups things will never change.

DashCojones said:

Don't be sure of yourself. I have given dirty looks to a couple Mesa guys that were acting like fraternity brothers on a hotel bus with other non-airline employees on board. The impression all to often I get is that you have to many people over there that treat this profession like it's a game and not a serious career. You cut corners in career progression, you're probably more likely to cut corners in other areas like stabilized approaches, maintenance, etc.
All I ask is that you quit defending Mesa and accept that you will be a subject of scorn until attitudes and actions and most specifically your undercutting contract changes. 8 days off on reserve and sleeping in airplanes at night to save on hotel costs is terrible and affects the whole industry including majors. It's the downward spiral; don't contribute.

Whoooo...dirty looks! (probably when they weren't even looking). You really showed them!

Corbon said:
Whoooo...dirty looks! (probably when they weren't even looking). You really showed them!
No, I'm quite sure you weren't there to see the eye to eye non-verbal voice of displeasure. Judging by your alternative lifestyle type Avatar and aircraft ratings, I'm not surprised by your attitude or reply.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back