Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom loses all 50 seat flying for Delta.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was in the March 10th Freedom ERJ145 class that was planned for Delta. Our whole class has been moved to the Mesa side for CRJ 200 and 900 training last week. Some are happy, others not so much. It is not a rumor. We all had to flush Indoc and the ER145 and pick up the CRJ 200 Limitations and Emergency items this past week. Also we go to Indoc again sense Mesa is on a different 121 ticket. We have now become the new April 7th Mesa class.

I was in the March 10th Freedom ERJ145 class that was planned for Delta. Our whole class has been moved to the Mesa side for CRJ 200 and 900 training last week. Some are happy, others not so much. It is not a rumor. We all had to flush Indoc and the ER145 and pick up the CRJ 200 Limitations and Emergency items this past week. Also we go to Indoc again sense Mesa is on a different 121 ticket. We have now become the new April 7th Mesa class.
Wow, 3000 hrs with an ATP going to Mesa! Are you on crack?

Last edited:
you refer to our contract and associate us with being weak.... But you really have no idea how our crooked contract came to be. I have explained it many times and dont have the energy to re post. Those guys that originally crossed over to the non union Freedom are non existent in this company. We were cheated by some bad apples in our group at the time. The blame is not on the pilot group today....Anybody who understands the industry knows that. And im surprised other MESA pilots on this board dont stick up for the group.

I just flew with a former freeDUMb pilot, he chose to leave why don't you do the same. I am renaming anyboy who works there a JO SLAVE.

Nice to know we're all friends! It's this "eye for an eye" mentality that keeps this industry moving the way it does. A competitive black hole. There's no incentive to band together and at this rate there never will be. This industry is out of control.

act mature

Us MESA pilots do not make the decisions AT ALL! Why do many think that. My decision is that I work only the contract the ALPA signed off on that got rid of the alter ego FREEDOM. don't blame us. I don't want to see anybody lose their job. JO does not call me for decisions. Don't be haters. Please understand that if I got hired by a major I would be gone and I have certainly tried.

Stay strong!

MESA pilots don't blame us.

Are you kidding me, don't blame you. YOU took the job with that operation. I chose to leave the industry as a 5k hr ATP rather than pollute the waters whoring out my talents to that pathetic scumbag JO.

So it is only "right" when it doesn't adversely effect you?

To quote you from a post a long way back "you reap what you sow"

when freedom was brought in back in 2005 to put pressure on us at Comair, I almost got furloughed (around a 100 pilots were furloughed and not to mention the CA's being downgraded to FO's) and I also had to move due to my base being downsized.

While you were adding 50 seat aircraft we were parking them...Freedom directly benefited from people who lost their job's. I'm sorry you have to go through it...I know it is not an enjoyable experience.

I'm one of those 100 pilots that was furloughed at the end of 2005. My wife and I ended up losing the house we were building at the time. Thanks Mesa pilots!

you refer to our contract and associate us with being weak.... But you really have no idea how our crooked contract came to be. I have explained it many times and dont have the energy to re post. Those guys that originally crossed over to the non union Freedom are non existent in this company. We were cheated by some bad apples in our group at the time. The blame is not on the pilot group today....Anybody who understands the industry knows that. And im surprised other MESA pilots on this board dont stick up for the group.

First off, I never mentioned your contract.

Second, I know how your contract came to be. You were not cheated, you came along well after the contract was signed. You knew exactly what you were getting into.

I'm one of those 100 pilots that was furloughed at the end of 2005. My wife and I ended up losing the house we were building at the time. Thanks Mesa pilots!

Are you aware of how Mesa came to fly for Delta? We were flying for US Air. When the merger with America West went through the non wholly owned's were given a chance to either invest in the new air line, AKA pay to play or find new digs. JO decided to find new digs, so Air whisky got all our US AIR flying. They invested a huge amount of money. I don't go up to Air Whisky guys and blame them for my situation. They lost there contract with United and landed at US AIR. Not those pilots fault.
So JO went to Delta. I had a home and life in Charlotte. I have had four bases since that time in addition have been put on the Freedom certificate and have had to suffer through the ignorance of pilots who don't understand that none of us are Freedom A.

Our Union here at Mesa is very weak. They let the company do about anything it wants to us and so we suffer. I feel terrible for the Aloha guys and gals. I've said this from the beginning when JO sent us there, that our Walmart was going to put a good company out of business. It looks as though it has happened.

We've had 787 pilots quit last year. I have personally talked several fo's in to leaving for there family's benefit.

The best thing to do would be to have your union leaders contact ours and show them what Ball$ look like and where they can be found. Though our guys will be busy flying. Every time I turn around we've got a new MEC.

Next best thing to do would be to quite rewarding our chief pilots with good jobs. These guys are the Indian scouts who showed the cavalry where to find the Indians. Our management pilots should replace Benedict Arnold in the lexicon of traitor.

To address your charge, blaming Mesa for you loosing your house is as stupid as me blaming Air Whisky for me loosing Charlotte and US Air. Different situation but blameless pilot group. These decisions are made by the bean counters. Not pilots.

This is not to say there aren't legit complaints about Mesa. We have essentially no work rules. No rigs, No duty day, No line guarantee. And if that weren't enough we get paid less hourly too. We can be JR manned at any time, line holder or not. Our reserves get 8 days off, ALL reserves 8 days off (28 day bid). And on almost all days on reserve you will be sitting at the airport on ready reserve. You should see our crew room in JFK (tiny). In addition almost all lines are constructed with 1-2 days off at a time with one three. This is the same for line holders. This against our contract, our union says nothing. Well thats not entirely true. The Union does say "ask not what your union can do for you, ask what you can do for your union". Not kidding either. I would have to say they picked a pretty accurate slogan.

So if you want to attack us for those things than that would be fair. I will not rehash the Freedom A debacle. But when we role over on stuff that we have in our contract it's just indefensible BS! We need REAL leadership from our union. Just as a community needs REAL leadership from there elected officials. Because I don't like how the war in Iraq is going doesn't mean I have to run for president. But this is what our union will say. I pay for representation. Now REPRESENT me!!!!!

As far as the loosing the Delta flying is concerned. Its not all that suprising with the operation our SOC runs. Wether we are in breach of contract is hard to say. Our management told us we were going to win the Hawaiian law suit as well. And we didn't. The fact that so many people on here are happy about a pilot group loosing there jobs is really a poor reflection on us as a group. Sorry about being long winded.

Latest resources

Back