Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom loses all 50 seat flying for Delta.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope...from the DeltaNet:

We've canceled part of our Freedom Airline agreement
April 1, 2008

We have terminated a portion of our Delta Connection operating agreement with Freedom Airlines because of operational performance of their 50-seat aircraft. The move is effective immediately. Our operating agreement with Freedom for its 14 76-seat aircraft remains intact.
“When we began working with Freedom in October 2005, our goal was to extend the market service of Delta Connection while ensuring a mainline-like experience for our customers,” said Don Bornhorst, s.v.p.-Delta Connection. “Freedom’s agreement with Delta, similar to the agreements with all of our Delta Connection partners, reflects this requirement. We expect the operational pull down to be orderly and have minimal impact to our customers.”
Orlando and New York-JFK handle the majority of Freedom’s daily departures. Most customers will be rebooked through our hubs in Atlanta and Cincinnati. Some former Freedom point-to-point flights may continue and be supported by our other Delta Connection partners.

When I searched the site for "freedom" a link comes up with the first couple lines of the article...but clicking on link, it says
Document Unavailable

The requested document is currently not available due to technical reasons.

maybe someone on the inside was pulling an April fools joke...

It is official. ASA is taking over your ops in MCO and ATL.(Well most of it)
DAL is making a point that if your company treats our customers like crud, we will exercise our rights in the contract.
I think that the 90 seat flying is more restricted, so DAL will have a harder time with that.

Interesting to see a portion of it on Delta Net. I searched it and got the fragment too.

Last edited:
It is official. ASA is taking over your ops in MCO and ATL.(Well most of it)
DAL is making a point that if your company treats our customers like crud, we will exercise our rights in the contract.
I think that the 90 seat flying is more restricted, so DAL will have a harder time with that.

How long do you think ASA will keep that flying? With all the cuts Delta is making, I think ASA might be the last to operate DCI out of Orlando. No airframes are coming to you guys, so obviously ASA is loosing some flying to pick this up. Look at all the Mexico and Int'l flying that has been changed to Shuttle America.

I wouldn't be in a rush to move to Florida any time soon with this flying ASA just got. Cautious optimism sounds like a better idea.

How long do you think ASA will keep that flying? With all the cuts Delta is making, I think ASA might be the last to operate DCI out of Orlando. No airframes are coming to you guys, so obviously ASA is loosing some flying to pick this up. Look at all the Mexico and Int'l flying that has been changed to Shuttle America.

I wouldn't be in a rush to move to Florida any time soon with this flying ASA just got. Cautious optimism sounds like a better idea.

ASA is gaining 4 CR200 airframes for the Florida flying. Possibly 2 700's for it, although Mr. Holt stated he didn't know where they were gonna put those yet (go into service May 1st from Comair). I'm not happy about getting airframes from Comair, but I am gleeful about taking over Mesa Dirtbag flying. Hopefully ASA can improve that record.

Trojan

I suspect something more might be afoot. It's been real quite for too long.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back