Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom loses all 50 seat flying for Delta.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is likely true. After all, Delta has figured out that it can sell it's Connection flying after SkyWest paid $425,000,000 for some.

I"ll see it when I believe it or when I hear a lot of Freedom guys complaining about being displaced.

Did the go! pilot in Hawai'i raise his fists in the air over this as well?

I'm thinking this is an early April Fool's joke.

Nope...from the DeltaNet:

We've canceled part of our Freedom Airline agreement
April 1, 2008

We have terminated a portion of our Delta Connection operating agreement with Freedom Airlines because of operational performance of their 50-seat aircraft. The move is effective immediately. Our operating agreement with Freedom for its 14 76-seat aircraft remains intact.
“When we began working with Freedom in October 2005, our goal was to extend the market service of Delta Connection while ensuring a mainline-like experience for our customers,” said Don Bornhorst, s.v.p.-Delta Connection. “Freedom’s agreement with Delta, similar to the agreements with all of our Delta Connection partners, reflects this requirement. We expect the operational pull down to be orderly and have minimal impact to our customers.”
Orlando and New York-JFK handle the majority of Freedom’s daily departures. Most customers will be rebooked through our hubs in Atlanta and Cincinnati. Some former Freedom point-to-point flights may continue and be supported by our other Delta Connection partners.

Latest resources

Back