Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom loses all 50 seat flying for Delta.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No April Fools Joke

Reuters
Mesa Air says to fight Delta plan to quit contract
Tuesday April 1, 9:22 pm ET
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Mesa Air Group Inc (NasdaqGS:MESA - News) on Tuesday said it plans to contest Delta Air Lines Inc's (NYSE:DAL - News) plan to terminate a contract with its Freedom Airlines Inc unit.
Phoenix-based Mesa said Delta notified it on March 28 of its intent to terminate a connection agreement with Freedom dated May 3, 2005.
It said Delta alleged that Freedom failed to complete a specified number of flights on ERJ-145 jets during three months of the six-month period ending Feb 2008. Mesa said the notice would allow Freedom to keep providing connection services to Delta while the airlines work out a "transition agreement."
(Reporting by Jonathan Stempel; Editing by Gary Hill)

Here is the key paragraph:

"The alleged failure to maintain the specified completion rate in the contract is due to Delta's own request of Mesa to remove flights to benefit Delta's overall operation and/or to accommodate Delta mainline flights. These flights, among others, have always been taken out of Freedom's performance calculations in the past and Delta acted consistent with this practice and has paid Mesa both its base margin and its incentive margin after crediting Mesa for the Delta mandated schedule changes and /or cancellations."

Anyone who flies out of JFK for DCI (expecially during winter weather) will see almost ALL of their operations grind to a halt due to "delta commanded" cancellations. Delta is obviously reaching far out on a limb to get rid of 50 seat capacity and would rather it come from a connection carrier that they do not own. So who is the other primary operator out of JFK? Freedom, there you go.

This cancellation won't stand up in court, if it gets that far. I don't think it is coincidence the link on deltanet is now down.

Here is the key paragraph:

"The alleged failure to maintain the specified completion rate in the contract is due to Delta's own request of Mesa to remove flights to benefit Delta's overall operation and/or to accommodate Delta mainline flights. These flights, among others, have always been taken out of Freedom's performance calculations in the past and Delta acted consistent with this practice and has paid Mesa both its base margin and its incentive margin after crediting Mesa for the Delta mandated schedule changes and /or cancellations."

Anyone who flies out of JFK for DCI (expecially during winter weather) will see almost ALL of their operations grind to a halt due to "delta commanded" cancellations. Delta is obviously reaching far out on a limb to get rid of 50 seat capacity and would rather it come from a connection carrier that they do not own. So who is the other primary operator out of JFK? Freedom, there you go.

This cancellation won't stand up in court, if it gets that far. I don't think it is coincidence the link on deltanet is now down.

I hope your right

In this unique case it is. The industry will be better off, and the MAG pilots will be happier...even if they don't know it yet.

in that case. PM me the routing number to your checking account. so you can pay my bills and etc while i look for another job

in that case. PM me the routing number to your checking account. so you can pay my bills and etc while i look for another job

Sorry, JO already cost me two years of my life. But I'm glad I had enough sense to get out early enough to be halfway up somebody else's list.

I still think you'll be better off, give it a few months and see.

I hope your right

The rest of us will hope he is wrong. You have to understand that Mesa screwed many airlines, put pilots out of jobs, and devastated many other airline employees lifes in the process of getting to where Mesa finds themselves today.

I wish you well, but Mesa as a company needs to be banished from the planet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back