• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For newhires at JetBlue who care about the GoJet fiasco

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, I'm not a regional pilot so we don't do that, but if it's your thing, you should wear a condom.

Hmmm....I guess that flying mainline aircraft for sub-regional wages makes you the guy on the other side of the hole, doesn't it?

Pot meet kettle.

My arguement all along has been that this is just a continuation of the same thing for years.

The day an RJ overflew a hub city or replaced a mainline jet is the day the horse left the barn. It was done by regional pilots looking out for themselves and not for the greater good of the profession and I dare say not being good stewards of their own careers.

Today the average regional pilot will never get out...for two simple reasons. There are HALF the mainline jobs there used to be and second, their pay would be cut in HALF if they left and it would take years to recover. This is the world we live in.

While I cannot condone the tone of the post quoted, I dare say he is taunting the GJ haters because he can get a rise out of them. Do we have self serving buttheads at JB? I believe we do, just like every other airline out there. Doing your best to haunt them will only hurt your own career (ask the guy who "defended" the profession at the JB open house) and further, it only furthers the divide between groups which in turn, gives management a woody. In your world, if mainline pilots,who saw their pensions and careers go up in smoke after 9/11 while regional pilots had a field day had their way, every regional pilot would be called a scumbag and rejected from employment with the mainline. My point is that they don't because they are professionals and they realize it is business, plain and simple.

It has been like this for years now and everyone is still surprised and hateful....I have news for you. This type of thing is happening all over the industry. One group stepping over another for flying.

A350

How about those pilots that accepted the first B-Scale wage jobs? Same thing. Coming from another career, I've never seen a group talk so much about solidarity and sticking together only to throw each other under the bus and pull the ladder up after themselves when things get tough. This is the business you and I picked. The bed is made now lie in it.

Hmmm....I guess that flying mainline aircraft for sub-regional wages makes you the guy on the other side of the hole, doesn't it?
Ah, Regionaltard,.......
Having pangs of guilt about your part in the fall of the profession again? I see......you'll just take your training in an rj........bringing down the industry.....causing guys at the majors to get furloughed or look for other employment--like me--and then you move "up" and look down on guys you displaced!!! The perfect picture of an ostrich with his head in a hole, ass in the air humming a tune of superiority. Keep humming dude. The wheel will turn again.
I'm pretty happy with the $90+k and the days off. It gives me time to reel in the real cash from my other fun job. You really should see someone about your obsession with homoerotic illusions--or just come out of the closet and be honest with yourself.

Last edited:
Ah, Regionaltard,.......
Having pangs of guilt about your part in the fall of the profession again? I see......you'll just take your training in an rj........bringing down the industry.....causing guys at the majors to get furloughed or look for other employment--like me--and then you move "up" and look down on guys you displaced!!! The perfect picture of an ostrich with his head in a hole, ass in the air humming a tune of superiority. Keep humming dude. The wheel will turn again.
I'm pretty happy with the $90+k and the days off. It gives me time to reel in the real cash from my other fun job. You really should see someone about your obsession with homoerotic illusions--or just come out of the closet and be honest with yourself.

Last time I checked you were the one who brought up the subject of diseased di¢ks, in an autobiographical sense. I think the whole premise of this thread is hilarious-Jet Blue pilots giving a rip about a GoJetter? C'mon.....

You hit the nail on the head! GoJet haters, do you not see the irony in your rants? All of you from mesa, tsa, skywest, and chatauqua, that complain about GJ are just as guilty in "stealing jobs" and "lowering the bar". But hey, you did it in the name of a quick upgrade, recieving jet experience, needed a job right? Kinda like GJ pilots....

ACA and Air Wisc. were the highest paid commuter pilots at one point. The point before UAL sought contracts w/ regionals that had substandard pilot contracts compared to ACA and Air Wisc. Pilots of ACA and Air Wisc. were asked for concessions, yet voted no to preserve regional pilot pay. Of course, the pilots of mesa, chataqua, and tsa did nothing to stop the "lowering of the bar".

So, where are the pilots of ACA and Air Wisc. today? ACA pilots are scattered about, Air Wisc. pilots are still flying under a relatively above average ALPA contract w/ UsAir. Have these pilots once cried about tsa, mesa, and chataqua pilots stealing our UAL contract/jobs? Perhaps, but not as much as you GJ haters have. GJ pilots are just doing the same as you have. So please, turn the finger around on yourself and let it go already.

JC

I must have not gotten that internal memo from Hulas asking what rate to bid on flying......my bad.

BTW just look at their stellar contract and judge for yourself who has lowered the bar. At least TSA pilots were trying to stop it from going any lower........let's compare contracts side-by-side when it is all said and done - I think you will be surprised.

To equate a TSA brother to a GJ pilot on equal terms just proves what little understanding you have of this business......

Last time I checked you were the one who brought up the subject of diseased di¢ks, in an autobiographical sense. I think the whole premise of this thread is hilarious-Jet Blue pilots giving a rip about a GoJetter? C'mon.....
Dude, I had no idea what a GoJetter was before this thread. I apologize for making a humorous comment about peni$es. I should have known this would be a topic that you just couldn't let go of.......couldn't pass by......without dragging in little boys and holes in restroom dividers that make up so much of your life. Again, its never too late for help.

Dude, I had no idea what a GoJetter was before this thread. I apologize for making a humorous comment about peni$es. I should have known this would be a topic that you just couldn't let go of.......couldn't pass by......without dragging in little boys and holes in restroom dividers that make up so much of your life. Again, its never too late for help.

Let's just say that a Jet Blue pilot spitting out the word "regional" like an epithet is pretty ironic and leave it at that, OK?

Do you understand the difference between employed and unemployed? Because it is a huge difference. Put aside the mergers and all the jetblue pilots taking recall to AA,USAir,UAL,NWA,etc, and there are MANY - you DO understand the difference
between employed and unemployed?
Right?
So given that very important distinction, can you please explain how these recalls would be employed without an ALPA contract and would you please explain how the Jetblue pilots hope to remain employed without a union contract. I don't care about seniority list - I'm just talking about keeping your job.
And if these Jetblue pilots become unemployed through a merger with a union airline, will you come here an support your wise comments?
Will you back your speculation?
Or will you say, "that's how it goes in the airline industry. You shouldn't have given two shts about what I said anyway.?"

Ummm, I gave up my seniority number at NWA, not gonna go back to fly the Diesel 9 on reserve. I don't think as many guys are leaving here to go back to a legacy carrier that had once said "bye-bye, we'll call you back when we need you again."

Half my class were USAir furloughed and not one is leaving JetBlue to go back. I can see if you live at base where one might leave. Unless you had a lot of seniority before you were furloughed, I don't see the mass numbers you are talking about. Guys who were furloughed in 2001-2002 are all Captains here now. The only ones who will be going to legacy carriers from JetBlue are new hires when the legacies start hiring again.

In my eyes, that's a mistake. Because even though JetBlue is slowing down its growth, it is STILL taking delivery of new airplanes and growing at 8%. Most legacies are in negative growth mode. They are not ordering very many airplanes and retiring many old ones. You would see the left seat maybe in 10 years. Throw in age 65 retirement, and you can get very comfortable making nothing in the right seat for a very, very long time.

Last edited:
Go-Jetters

To all Jetblue Guys - We need to email Verna and put an end to all GOjetters now ! I've sent mine I reccomend you do the same !

As usual the rabble rousers get it wrong....company sets up an alter-ego company and hires around its employees...instead of the TSA guys befriending the G-jet guys and getting them on their side and together making managements ploy a defeat...you behave as planned by management and the ploy is successful...pilots are thier own worst enemy

Latest resources

Back