• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For newhires at JetBlue who care about the GoJet fiasco

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's just say that a Jet Blue pilot spitting out the word "regional" like an epithet is pretty ironic and leave it at that, OK?
No Rtard,
Lets leave it that you attacked me and I defended my point and that you just want to leave it that I am spitting out the word "regional" like an epithet. I have no problem with guys flying rjs. This is a capitalistic country. It was bound to happen. What bothers me is when rj guys do not want to admit that LCC's were bound to happen as well, and that somehow LCC's had more to do with the "downfall of the industry" and ignore their own part. All of us had a part. The majors had a lock on the industry and their "operating costs" (think pilot pay and benifits i.e. as a commidity, pilots were being paid so well at the majors, that there were other trained qualified pilots who could fly for less) were too high. RJs were invented and started taking mainline flying as well as training qualified pilots. The LCC model came about because SW/Kelleher saw where he could fly mainline jets profitably by streamlining "operating costs". Other LCCs started and were staffed by rj trained pilots, and furloughed major pilots. We are all responsible for the mess through our own agendas. For any pilot group to point the finger at another is pretty hypocritical. You seem to be using JB as an epithet.

Latest resources

Back