• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seriously?

GoJets
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoJet_Airlines
An alter-ego carrier set up by Trans States Airlines. Pilots not on TSA seniority list, pulled willing, self-serving volunteers from outside the company and across the TSA seniority list and put them in the left seat of a shiny new jet at the expense of TSA ALPA pilots.

pensive
adjective1. deeply or seriously thoughtful; "Byron lives on not only in his poetry, but also in his creation of the 'Byronic hero' - the persona of a brooding melancholy young man"; [syn: brooding] 2. showing pensive sadness; "the sensitive and wistful response of a poet to the gentler phases of beauty"
Thank you. Now can you tell me what these lesions on my peni$ are?

Pilots of ACA and Air Wisc. were asked for concessions, yet voted no to preserve regional pilot pay.

AWAC pilots did take a concessionary contract.

Have these pilots once cried about tsa, mesa, and chataqua pilots stealing our UAL contract/jobs?
Damm straight they did! As well they should have.
Does AWAC have a jumpseat agreement with the hojet pukes?

So please, turn the finger around on yourself and let it go already.

Just let it go huh? I guess if you can't beat 'em, join 'em huh? Let bygones be bygones, and stand on the sidelines as your career swirls down the sewer drain.

Exactly. Ex-blueridger myself. Shoe's on the other foot and they dont like it, welcome to the lovely community of aviation!!!! Im just glad I got out of the regional world after ACA. (I had a blast there, but couldnt convince myself to go anywhere else)

Sounds like now that you got out of the regional world, you think it no longer affects you. Do you really care one way or the other what happens to the regional guys?

You hit the nail on the head! ... GJ pilots are just doing the same as you have. So please, turn the finger around on yourself and let it go already.

JC

Do a search. This point has been answered many times.

Sounds like now that you got out of the regional world, you think it no longer affects you. Do you really care one way or the other what happens to the regional guys?

What is done is done. Witch hunting GJ pilots is not going to correct the lackluster of QOL and pay at regional airlines. Just put time in, pay your dues, and move on to a better place.

As a side note, I do stand corrrected relative to concessions. ACA and AirWisc. did take concessions. However, the concessions still left us in the upper tier of ALPA regional airline contracts, no where near tsa, mesa, and chataqua. ...with that said...

ACA was a great place for new pilots, just starting their professional pilot career. ACA offered reasonable pay, great training, and great work group to be a part of. If it wasn't for a series of events such as 911, UAL Ch. 11, and tsa, mesa, and chataqua bidding on our work, ACA may have still been in business and aspiring pilots of today could've had a nice airline to start their careers with.

Again, for the most part, regionals are breeding grounds for majors. Deal with it. So please, stop your silly belly aching. Get over this GJ thing and concentrate on logging some exceptional flight time and move on to a better airline. And when you do, you better tell your bottom feeder low ballin regional airline management, in a nice way to, "F-off, I'm outta here bit#hes!" Again, don't blame GJ pilots, they're just like you, aspiring PILOTS looking for $$$ and QOL. Blame the sharks in management, the industry, macro economics, and Osama.

JC out

Ps. UAL, DAL, CAL, NWA, UPS, Netjets, XO jet, Cathay, Singapore, ANA, NCA, and JetBlue are hiring. Why not throw your app in?

Last edited:
Thank you. Now can you tell me what these lesions on my peni$ are?

Uh, maybe evidence that you shouldn't be sticking it through holes in bathroom stalls when you're out for a night with the boys?

Gojet pilots have proven that they will do anything, i.e circumvent seniority and join an alter ego.

If that is the type of pilot you want at the airline you work at, then more power to you.

To the posters who say, "I got screwed, so should you! That is aviation", is that what you really want in this career?

More justifications for bad behavior.

redbook,

If that's your logic, then shouldn't the pilots that work for tsa, mesa, and chataqua be shunned from the industry? Is that what you're saying?? what what??

You can better the career by doing this.
1. find a higher paying flying job w/ better QOL.
2. quit your low ball regional airline
3. tell your friends not to apply there and spread the word.
4. If given the chance, vote for a strike.

At least the above is more effective in sending a message to airline execs. and management to not f*ck with your livelyhood. Hunting for GJ pilots is not.

Last edited:
redbook,

If that's your logic, then shouldn't the pilots that work for tsa, mesa, and chataqua be shunned from the industry? Is that what you're saying?? what what??

You can better the career by doing this.
1. find a higher paying flying job w/ better QOL.
2. quit your low ball regional airline
3. tell your friends not to apply there and spread the word.
4. If given the chance, vote for a strike.

At least the above is more effective in sending a message to airline execs. and management to not f*ck with your livelyhood. Hunting for GJ pilots is not.
Jim,

I agree with your four listed points. The fundamental difference is distinguishing between an alter ego carrier, gojet, and the pilots who knowingly joined it, and the rest of the industry.

Judging from the rest of your post, I highly doubt that you would want a group of alter ego pilots to join your carrier. How would the Fed Ex pilots, UPS, DAL, XYZ airline react to an alter ego threat and the pilots that joined it? I am sure some people will be "world weary" and "cynical" and claim, "oh, all those other carriers are alter ego carriers anyway." That argument just does not hold water.

I don't think the strong response to alter ego gojet is overdone or a surprise.

Latest resources

Back